back on Celebrity after 8 years-a good thing?

Seayalater

:) Our family cruised on the Century Eastern Carib in 2000 and Millenium 10-day Southern Caribbean. Loved these ships. Then we went

on Princess, Carnival & HAL. For our 25th anniv I chose Solstice May 16th.

I look frwd to sailing on Century and hope it still lives up to the high standards we experienced. Any comments or am I being naive?

FYI-My user name was Seayalater but I could not log in, so now I am annelise56.

Are you going on the Solstice or Century? My first Celebrity cruise was on the brand new Century and I did not enjoy it. At the time, I was in my early 30s and found it really boring and too small, compared to RCCL. A few years later, I loved Millenium and now I love the Solstice even more.

Our 1st X cruise was on Summit in 2003, and in many ways it is still our favorite. We have been back 3 times since, and while they are still quite good, I do believe they have slipped a little especially in food quality. The food is certainly not bad, simply no longer clearly far superior to the other mass market lines. In a similar vein, I would say service has dropped off a liittle as well, particularly in the main dining room. I would attribute this to all the new (and bigger) ships they have added since then, which leads to massive new hiring as well as rotating to the newer ships. It is still an very enjoyable experience as we have booked a 2 week trans-canal for next month and we still consider Celebrity our best option. But don't have your heart set on everything being exactly like it was 10 years ago or you may be disappointed. In order to fill all those new cabins they have added while remaining cost competitive they have in fact had to "cut a few corners" as they say.

We returned to X this year after several years. We had cruised on Mercury, Century and Galaxy and this past January tried the Equinox and LOVED it. We had no complaints about the food, we enjoyed everything and would def say it is better than RCCL. Of course it is not the same as years ago - none of the mass Market cruise lines offer the same level of service, the competition is fierce and if they want to fill the ships they need to offer competitive rates, they have make cost savings somewhere. In saying that we thought X had the edge and we have now booked the Connie for later this year. We are back to you now X.

So glad to hear this. We have our first x cruise in almost 10 years on deck. One of the highlights for was dining at the Captains Table. Anybody know if they still do this?

Hi, do they still invite passengers to the Captain's Table?

Yes.

Archived