Wish I'd never gone on 1st cruise because....

Starved

Now all I can think of is how to get on another one ASAP!!:D Nope, not a whinge about the cruise, just dejected and sad to be home and want to get another ship right NOW.

Did the Pacific Dawn trip around NZ, loved it. Haven't really got a bad thing to say about the whole experience - wonderful staff, great balcony room, and was so impressed at how quickly P an O can board so many people when we stand in line for an hour and a half at the Qantas terminal while they try and check in maybe a 100 people.:mad:

Only downside, which is all my own fault, is the horrible weight gain.

They say once you go on your first cruise you get hooked and get the cruise bug. That is the case for me & my wife, we booked our second cruise about 3 months on returning from the first. If I had the money I would have another one in the pipeline.

We are making the most of it while we still can - we have only ourselves to consider now.:D (We should be thinking about a new car but ours is running well - fingers crossed - and I've learned to budget really well over the past years when we went absolutely nowhere.)

Well Starved, you know what to do about it!!!!! ;) Book again. We did - same trip. :) Good luck!

You have me thinking now about doing the same one again too - so much to see in beautiful NZ. The shorter cruises of up to ten days around the New Cal, etc don't really suit us as by the time we travel to Brisbane, overnight etc we want to make it worth our while.

You have me thinking now about doing the same one again too - so much to see in beautiful NZ. The shorter cruises of up to ten days around the New Cal, etc don't really suit us as by the time we travel to Brisbane, overnight etc we want to make it worth our while.

Hi,

Princess cruises & Royal Caribbean do a 28 day circumnavigation of Australia...from sydney ..and they are cheaper than P&O and their ships are way more modern than P& O

cheers

Col:)

Tahiti would be nice ...... (Sorry to quote the words of an ad)

I know what you mean about the weight gain. My first cruise I got a skirt that had One Size Fits All. Never EVER believe the label if it has that written on it.:o It fitted for 4 days, then 'shrunk'

:DAll my things shrunk on the cruise, I am blaming the Pacific Dawn laundry seeing as we sent out stuff for their $25 laundry special.:D

FOX - thanks for the Rhapsody cruise tip. I am trying to convince hubby that we should do the top half of Aus one from Sydney to Freemantle.

:DAll my things shrunk on the cruise, I am blaming the Pacific Dawn laundry seeing as we sent out stuff for their $25 laundry special.:D

FOX - thanks for the Rhapsody cruise tip. I am trying to convince hubby that we should do the top half of Aus one from Sydney to Freemantle.

excellent choice ...just remember its USD onboard....pre purchase your onboard spending in USD before you sail.....great ship

Col

Tahiti would be nice ...... (Sorry to quote the words of an ad)

Dawn Princess is going to Tahiti in 2weeks care to join us for 35 days, also get Hawaii Tonga Samoa and Fiji

For us, cruising is only one part of a much bigger problem. Wife and I went on a 9 week tour of Europe/UK in 1995 - worst thing we ever did. Since then we have spent a small fortune - and no matter what we do, we cannot shake those small travel bugs out of our ears.

2 years ago, after our 5th trip to the UK I said "last one" !! (I just love the British countryside and the pubs (and beer!) ). We fly out again in 5 weeks time.!! That 24 hour flight is starting to wear thin!! But what are we to do?? It is as addictive as heroin - and there aren't any treatments similar to methadone available. :D

Barry

Now all I can think of is how to get on another one ASAP!!:D Nope, not a whinge about the cruise, just dejected and sad to be home and want to get another ship right NOW.

Did the Pacific Dawn trip around NZ, loved it. Haven't really got a bad thing to say about the whole experience - wonderful staff, great balcony room, and was so impressed at how quickly P an O can board so many people when we stand in line for an hour and a half at the Qantas terminal while they try and check in maybe a 100 people.:mad:

Only downside, which is all my own fault, is the horrible weight gain.

Good on you Starved, great to hear you had a great 1st cruise.

Our 1st cruise was in Dec 2004 on the Pacific Sky, now look at my signature to see how hooked we have become:D its like a habitual disease that there is no cure for.

Mark

Mmmmmmmmm - Imperial Leather. :)

[picks up phone next to bath] "Simon - Tahiti!!!" :D:D

Talk about a pack of "oldies". :rolleyes::p

You got it spot on, Dennis.

That ad's gotta be 30 plus years old:eek:

We are making the most of it while we still can - we have only ourselves to consider now.:D (We should be thinking about a new car but ours is running well - fingers crossed - and I've learned to budget really well over the past years when we went absolutely nowhere.)

Fully agree, Sandy. We are in the same situation and will always put a cruise before a new vehicle, home improvements, etc.

Finding that the wait between cruises is way too long, but apart from winning the lottery, I can't see a way around that.

I will never regret having taken that first cruise in 2006....we're hooked well and truly.

Cheers,

Anna

Us too !!

We went on our first cruise to Alaska in 2004 and we did like it, but didn't understand all about life on board (we missed the ships intro as the coach was delayed) so we had another cruise and since then, we have never looked back.

When we travel O/S, we always try to incorporate a cruise at the end so that we're competely relaxed by the time we get home and for at least that portion of our holiday, we will not have lugged bags around and have had the "luxury" of unpacking our clothes.

Could think of worse addictions than travelling and it gets the whole family involved. One year we had 4 generations cruising together and not one argument. we can think ourselves lucky to be able to indulge our addiction with some sacrefices.

Yes Tahiti James is a reality or anywhere else for that matter

Mmmmmmmmm - Imperial Leather. :)

[picks up phone next to bath] "Simon - Tahiti!!!" :D:D

Talk about a pack of "oldies". :rolleyes::p

Funny thing is I remember the ad, but I couldn't have told you what product it was advertising if my life depended on it!

Funny thing is I remember the ad, but I couldn't have told you what product it was advertising if my life depended on it!

They are highly addictive.I am going on another one Pacific Sun in Christmas this year out of Sydney having done the same ship out of Brisbane in 2008 and the Pacific Dawn Out of Sydney in 2007.I am only a young fella who should be looking at Contiki Tours or other similar type product.I only need to spend up to and including 25 Grand on a Work Car and with help from my Auntie I can also afford a secondary holiday most years If I should need one before A Cruise.I chose to go this year as next year is when I plan to trade the car in and some of the money to pay for the new one has to come from the trade in so most likely will be looking at either Bali or Singapore for a week in 2011 or New Zealand.If the budget lets me Most likely plan to go back to Vietnam.

Good on you Starved, great to hear you had a great 1st cruise.

Our 1st cruise was in Dec 2004 on the Pacific Sky, now look at my signature to see how hooked we have become:D its like a habitual disease that there is no cure for.

Mark

Hi Matmar, notice you are booked on Dawn Princess 35 nighter as well, we are really looking forward to this one! Will have to get a roll call going down the track.:)Robin

Archived