Any picture of those BIG balconies on S class?

39august

We are due to be in cabin 1674, anyone got any photo's or info please?

I just got off the Solstice this morning and we stayed in cabin 7159. What a great hump cabin and the balcony was 3x lager than the other balconies!! We also got a great price on it!! It is port side and has the best views while in port!! If anyone does stay i this cabin don't forget to look in the bible for great elite member coupons!!! Any other questions dont hesitate to email me @ jbellin@neo.rr.com.

Happy sailing!!

Here is a picture of 2105 on the Equinox.

23t3581.jpg

This was the largest hump cabin and we spent most of our time out there. There is an overhang which I liked but there were plenty of times when we'd be in the sun.

Garry

Here is a picture of 2105 on the Equinox.

23t3581.jpg

This was the largest hump cabin and we spent most of our time out there. There is an overhang which I liked but there were plenty of times when we'd be in the sun.

Garry

this should be just about the same as mine, LOVE IT, thanks for the picture I appreciate it....counting the minutes.

The bed was by the balcony, which was what we wanted. We LOVED our cabin - hope you do too!

SeaCBear.

We have Cabin #9192 on the Equinox. I've been curious as to whether the bed is close to the balcony or close to the bathroom. What was the configuration on your ship?

Thanks.

39August,

I just got off the Solstice 2 days ago and had an angle cabin off of the hump. Here is some info:

1. We were in cabin 9237. This is the 1st angle cabin off of the flat part of the hump. It is on the port side of the ship and is on the back part of the hump. There were NO wind issues since we were protected by the balconies on the hump. You could see in back of you with no problem and just had to lean over the railing a bit to see towards the front of the ship. Very private. This cabin is also a 10 second walk from the rear elevator bank. Very nice location.

2. I know this balcony seems HUGE and it is bigger, but it is NOT 2x or even 3x larger than the regular balconies. It is actually about 1.92x bigger The regular balconies are 54 square feet according to the website. This balcony was just a hair over 104 square feet. We took a tape measure and measured it. Here are the dimensions:

14.166 feet deep on the right side, 8.33 feet across near the cabin door, 10.833 feet deep on the left side and 9 feet across from the left end to the right end. Main rectangle area is 10.833 x 8.33 for 90.275 square feet. Extra triangle area is (3.33 x 8.33) / 2 for another 13.886 more square feet for a total of just over 104 square feet.

Don't get me wrong, the balcony is nice and spacious and you can fit 4 chairs comfortably and a table, but these are not 3x bigger. I would get this cabin again for our next cruise.

Full trip report is upcoming and a cabin review of solstice 9237 when I can get around to it.

Jason

..... We took a tape measure and measured it......

Jason

I am planning on doing the same for the 1605 balcony when we are on the Solstice this June. I am just doing it for fun but thought I might be the only one crazy enough to go to such lengths. I am a little sad that you beat me to it!:o

Frisco,

Bring the tape measure and see if you can match this funny story.

We brought a 5 foot fabric tape measure that came with a workout tape. Very easy to roll up and carry with us. My wife went back to the room one day after lunch to grab something. The door was open. She walked into the room and the attendant had the tape wrapped around her waist. She was quite surprised when the wife walked in. She thought that we brought it to see how many inches we put on during the cruise but the wife informed her that I was going to measure the balcony. They both had a nice laugh.

Jason

• 3 months later...

We just got off of our second cruise on the Solstice.

We stayed in Aquaclass cabin 1605. I'll leave full comments in the cabin sticky thread.

The balcony certainly qualifies as large.

I remembered my tape measure and the approximate dimensions (I tryed to measure actual usable space) are 95 inches wide (7.92 feet), 164 inches long end (13.67 feet) and 126 inches short end (10.5 feet) for approximate size of a little over 95 square feet.

A few pictures are attached

DSCF1472.jpg.d372768e0f7d65d6fe385dff680dc1a0.jpg

DSCF1473.jpg.b49ecc841631b531789b38783e3adf89.jpg

DSCF1474.jpg.843ce60703069e1bcf0b0f2307a85b53.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg.b5b1dbfdd0e7df33cc402cbc24d3f5a9.jpg

DSCF1480.jpg.b5a5302d871865a8d31fcc7aecc1005c.jpg

We stayed in Aquaclass cabin 1605. I'll leave full comments in the cabin sticky thread.

I remembered my tape measure and the approximate dimensions (I tryed to measure actual usable space) are 95 inches wide (7.92 feet), 164 inches long end (13.67 feet) and 126 inches short end (10.5 feet) for approximate size of a little over 95 square feet.

We are booked in this cabin in November; were you able to get any sun on this balcony? Do you have any other pics of the room? I have family staying next door in 1603; does the the divider on the balcony open up to provide more space?

We are booked in this cabin in November; were you able to get any sun on this balcony? Do you have any other pics of the room? I have family staying next door in 1603; does the the divider on the balcony open up to provide more space?

Yes, your stateroom attendant can open up the glass portion of the partition between 1605 and 1603. The partition between 1603 and 1601 has a "V" shaped partition. You can see a picture of this in Post #13 above at the left side of the balcony. There's a support beam that comes down between the two verandas. This partition will open, but you have to step up and over.

I have a few photos of our balcony on the Solstice, here.

I noticed you had a cabin aft. We just booked a cabin in the rear of the Century. Can you tell me how you liked being on the back of ship? Also, how was the ride, any excess motion or noise? Pro's and Cons please.

Thanks,

Bob

• 1 month later...
I noticed you had a cabin aft. We just booked a cabin in the rear of the Century. Can you tell me how you liked being on the back of ship? Also, how was the ride, any excess motion or noise? Pro's and Cons please.

Thanks,

Bob

I have had aft facing cabins on several ships and they are so worth it. It is peaceful, the view is very different (you'll see where you have been with no obstructions) and there is very little to no movement or noise if you are higher than deck 6. There is limited sun exposure, you should know, but that is great for naps on your balcony. Also, I have noticed that the glass on the balcony railings doesn't get as fouled up with salt water and film as on the sides, so it is a blessing. I book these when ever possible, they are awesome!

Great photos. We will be in this cabin in April and December of next year, but we could not acquire it for our Xmas cruise this year, but how can you can complain when you are in AQ.

Archived