Need to find a hotel in Miami close to the port

Hi this is going to be my first cruise that everythings not done for me. Where is a nice Hotel in Miami that is easy to get to the ship. Were going on Liberty of the Seas May 23-30 and were going a day early just to be safe. Anyone know of a place. Thanks! :)

Hi this is going to be my first cruise that everythings not done for me. Where is a nice Hotel in Miami that is easy to get to the ship. Were going on Liberty of the Seas May 23-30 and were going a day early just to be safe. Anyone know of a place. Thanks! :)

Stayed at the Holiday Inn at the port of Miami many times. Love it! You can walk to the mall for some dinner and people watching. Pool is nice and breakfast was good too.

Kathy

Intercontinental is a nice, upscale hotel...Holiday Inn is right across the street and is, well, a Holiday Inn! Both are within viewing distance of port and within walking distance of Bayside Marketplace!

We also stayed at the Intercontinental which was very nice. Good location too for the reasons stated above! We got it on hotwire for a great price.

Good luck.

Hi

We are staying at the laQuinta mostly because it is reasonably priced, I'm on a tight budget, and offers a free shuttlte to the port. We will be there on March 27th and the room is only $109 plus tax. Very reasonable and since all LaQuintas have recently been redone it should be a fairly decent place to stay.

Shelli

Hi

We are staying at the laQuinta mostly because it is reasonably priced, I'm on a tight budget, and offers a free shuttlte to the port. We will be there on March 27th and the room is only $109 plus tax. Very reasonable and since all LaQuintas have recently been redone it should be a fairly decent place to stay.

Shelli

The La Quinta East at MIA is just o.k. Not bad, but not as good as lots of of other airport hotels that are similarly priced. Virtually nothing within walking distance. Only reasons to stay there are free parking while on cruise and free shuttle to the port. Other, nicer hotels offer low-cost shuttle or $25 cab ride (can be split among several people) to the port. In my personal opinion, the La Quinta is not a great choice.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn at the port of Miami many times. Love it! You can walk to the mall for some dinner and people watching. Pool is nice and breakfast was good too.

Kathy

Second this! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for our precruise night last June. It was great. Had a room facing the Port and saw Liberty as she was coming back in. Bayside is right across the street with lots of shopping and eating options. And two blocks to the right (as you walk out of the Holiday Inn) is a Walgrens for last minute necessities.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in November and loved it. We booked on LastMinuteTravel. On these boards it was suggested that if you put in a 4 star, downtown (I think that is what it was), the Intercontinental would be what you got, and it worked. We only paid about $80. When we got there I asked for a room with a view and we were upgraded for free. We walked through a park to Bayside Mall and spent the evening people watching, drinking, and eating. It was a wonderful way to start out our vacation.

Many thanks for the tip. I've just gone on to lastminute.com and done what was said and have got the Intercontinetal for 2 nights in November 2010 for £130! If I had gone direct to the hotel if would have been $566!!! Great savings to be had if you take the chance.

I am looking for a miami hotel post cruise - just for one night. I would like a nice hotel near enough to south beach. There seem to be so many hotels on south beach. Has anyone got any recommendations, budget bout 200-250$.

Thanks

Hi bean. We'll be on that LOS cruise with you on May 23-30 and have booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for the night before the cruise. It's close to the port and Bayside and we won our rooms for $55 + tax/fees on Priceline.

We also loved the Intercontinental & rec'd a free upgrade without even asking. We had a wonderful view of the cruise port and enjoyed walking around downtown Miami. We walked over to the mall and ate dinner at the American Latin Cafe right on the water. Yachts pulled up & we had a great time "people watching." Prices are moderate. The next morning, we went back for a full breakfast for $4.99 - eggs, bacon and the most wonderful Cuban bread toast. By the way, you can check the location of downtown Miami hotels by going to http://www.hotelsbythepier.com and check hotel ratings at http://www.tripadvisor.com Hope you have as much fun as we did!

We stayed at the Intercontinental 3 years ago. Due to snowstorms, our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the hotel until 10:00 p.m. When we were checking in they asked me if I wanted to upgrade to a port view room for an additional $25. I said no thank you. After they got us all checked in the front desk clerk said "I went ahead and upgraded you free of charge". I told my husband when we got to the room that the port view rooms were probably all they had left and they were trying to sell it to us as an upgrade. LOL.

With that being said, it was a very nice hotel and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any good deals there for our April cruise. We ended up getting the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $55 on priceline. :D

Archived