Ok, need some LOVE for Summit....please!

JEDIKNIGHT

I'm almost a done deal on a Summit cruise in may.

Convinced parents to go along for family togetherness reasons, and.....it's nice to have a trusted babysitter for 23 month DD so DW and I can go to dinner and excursions on our own ;) Also, an Uncle and Aunt are booking a room too!

Seems to be some negative comments on Summit, recently.

Mind you I was on Mercury in January and while it was an old ship I LOVED it.

So I ask from any and all.... please tell me about your POSITIVE recent experience on Summit.

I'm hoping I didn't convince 4 adult family members to go on a ratty cruise.

:confused:

Hi. Just off the Summitt a week ago - great cruise and we had a wonderful time. All is well - ship in great shape, good food (don't miss the halibut and grandma's pork chop), Murano's was fantastic. Make sure you see the production shows - they were really great considering they are on a small stage. Constantly cleaning and repairing. I think that some people just look for things to complain about in life. Have a great cruise!

Jedi,

Anytime I have a doubt about Celebrity I read a post by Lois R and all of my worries disappear......I have never sailed Celebrtiy but will be sailing the Summit on May 9th out of Cape Liberty....I am confident I will have a great time on that ship....from my experience it is mostly the attitude of the cruiser that has an affect on the trip (with rare exceptions such as illness etc.)

I have observed in the last couple of months that there are many loyal Celebrity passengers that appear to love the line and love the Summit....and they seem like a great group of people.....

I hope to be accepted into the pack after I complete my first X cruise.....

Oh and I read it was her birthday the other day so wish her happy birthday when she defends the lovely Summit!!!

Just go for it....

I think that some people just look for things to complain about in life.

Or got caught smoking on their balcony, or had their smuggled booze confiscated, or got turned away from the MDR for wearing jeans and a backwards baseball cap on formal night, or had their saved loungechair taken away from them because they hadn't used it in hours, or ...

What I suspect is that a person who complains the loudest and is the most critical has a bone to pick with the cruiseline and is trying to vent, or is "punishing" the cruiseline by trying to convince people to give their business elsewhere.

Or got caught smoking on their balcony, or had their smuggled booze confiscated, or got turned away from the MDR for wearing jeans and a backwards baseball cap on formal night, or had their saved loungechair taken away from them because they hadn't used it in hours, or ...

What I suspect is that a person who complains the loudest and is the most critical has a bone to pick with the cruiseline and is trying to vent, or is "punishing" the cruiseline by trying to convince people to give their business elsewhere.

I think it's as simple as some people are used to a sanitized world and can't accept anything less than perfect. So, their worldview is that if it's not to their standards, then it must not be any good to anyone else. After reading these boards for the past few weeks, I understand that though the ship is ten years old, it looks pretty good for a ten year old ship and the people generally have a blast.

I think for those people who demand a perfect ship, they need to cruise higher level cruise lines or only sail on ships 2 years or younger.

I sailed SUMMIT on Jan 16th so its just been 2 months ago.

Where has the time gone?:confused:

I had cabin 7049..balcony on an angle. Cabin and bathroom were

clean and I had a really good cabin attendant too. The one negative

were my neighbors but the ship had nothing to do with them:rolleyes:

I went with 2 sets of friends I had met on previous sailings and it

was wonderful cruising with them again:D

I know everyone has their own opinions. You see, I know what

is important to me might not be the same thing that is important to

someone else. And for some reason, I just don't always notice

wear and tear..call me nuts. Everytime I sail I end up having a great time:)

I thought the ship was in fine shape and am going back on her again

in May:)....2 months from now!

Hi Lois and a belated Happy Birthday to you!!!

Jedi, we LOVED the Summit. We cruised her in December and I'm sure you've seen some of my many reviews. We had cabin 7192 which was a concierge class cabin and it was awesome. We had so many price drops from original booking, it ended up being cheaper than a regular balcony cabin which is a big plus. We thought the ship was in great shape and we enjoyed everything about her from the outstanding service to the wonderful food. Normandie was also excellent and should not be missed.

I agree with the other posters, you are going to find people who will make negative comments about anything and always look for some reason to complain. I say any cruise is a good cruise and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to take cruises. Go and enjoy yourself.

I feel so punished.

Hi Lois and a belated Happy Birthday to you!!!

Jedi, we LOVED the Summit. We cruised her in December and I'm sure you've seen some of my many reviews. We had cabin 7192 which was a concierge class cabin and it was awesome. We had so many price drops from original booking, it ended up being cheaper than a regular balcony cabin which is a big plus. We thought the ship was in great shape and we enjoyed everything about her from the outstanding service to the wonderful food. Normandie was also excellent and should not be missed.

I agree with the other posters, you are going to find people who will make negative comments about anything and always look for some reason to complain. I say any cruise is a good cruise and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to take cruises. Go and enjoy yourself.

Hi Kathy, thanks for the birthday wishes.

I just know when I cruise I always have a great time.:)

Summit Love..

Well I am not in Summit , New Jersey where our Ex One Term Gov. (d-NJ) Jon ( TAX to death MAN ):mad: Corzine lived before he divorced.

The SUMMIT of Celebrity is an elder ship now ..some things with more age do better. It does have the blasted Azo-Pods in Propulsion systems ..but as we as cruisers shall see that form will go the way of the 28,000 Ton Cruise Ships...

Who is the Godmother of the Summit?

I am getting so interested I am even thinking of booking a few cabins to see her ( Summit ) aboard soon .

When Cruising I do as I am an EUROPEAN AMERICAN of my Flandarian/Dutch Past did... wanting the best cost-basis always ...

Each cruise is different even though it may be to the same ports of call etc... a unique opportunity each time for gain in many facets/ways.....

As in love , life and cruising it is what we make of it...;)

Also as the BOYS SCOUTS of AMERICA has its MOTTO too:

BE PREPARED!;)

Another Summit fan! A lovely ship , nice crew , wonderful speciality restaurant. What is not to like?

You and you family will have a wonderful cruise. When I booked the Summit , I had the same problem as you. I had read all kinds of negative comments and felt some stabs of apprehension.

All were unfounded. We had a fantastic time on the Summit and would sail her again in a heartbeat.

Kim

I'm almost a done deal on a Summit cruise in may.

Convinced parents to go along for family togetherness reasons, and.....it's nice to have a trusted babysitter for 23 month DD so DW and I can go to dinner and excursions on our own ;) Also, an Uncle and Aunt are booking a room too!

Seems to be some negative comments on Summit, recently.

Mind you I was on Mercury in January and while it was an old ship I LOVED it.

So I ask from any and all.... please tell me about your POSITIVE recent experience on Summit.

I'm hoping I didn't convince 4 adult family members to go on a ratty cruise.

:confused:

Jediknight, tell your parents Jill and Joe are booked on that cruise. We sat with them on the Jan Mercury cruise. Loved that hot sauce!

I was on Summit last February 2009 for a 7 day Southern Carribean Cruise and will be back on her April 17th for an 8 day repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne NJ. Summit is wonderful and you will really enjoy your vacation. I'm not one of those people who wastes my hard earned vacation time and dollars searching out tiny outside rust spots, itty bitty worn carpet areas, or soft spots near table "number whatever" in the main dining room. For gosh sakes, your going to be cruising on a giant ship in the middle of the ocean, in beautiful weather, eating fabulous food, (which btw would NEVER come out of my kitchen with my hectic schedule) and visiting exotic islands. And what...all for about $500 for an inside cabin?

Last year my husband and I were sitting at the outside aft bar enjoying some wonderful tropical drink as the ship was sailing away from Dominica. The sun was just starting to set over the mountains of the Island. I looked at my husband and said, "I think this is paradise". I was right. Summit had taken me to paradise and none of her wear and tear matter a hoot.

Enjoy every minute of your vacation!

Just off Summit last week. We had a great time and would like to send some love to the Elk Island Trio. Check them out, they rock! We prefered the sets with piano/vocals rather than saxophone. Enjoy your cruise!

Summit was built in 2001. Nine years ago. That's old?:confused:

You know plenty of ships have sailed for 30 years or more offering people great vacations at a great value. Could it be that some folks have gotten a little spoiled with all the new builds lately?

Personally, the best cruise experience I have had to date was on Century in 2004. She's an excellent, smaller ship that was built in 1995, so at that time was also nine years old.

Don't worry. Have a great cruise!

Loved the Summit.

I won't repeat my comments - you'll find them on that video thread denouncing the ship.

I also just posted a few photos in the Photo Gallery.

We were very happy with our Summit experience!

P.S. Also, very friendly, polite and happy staff, even though they work very hard, especially with all of the extra efforts being undertaken to protect the passengers' health.

To Crafty Fitzwilly

Thanks so much for the positive words about the Summit. My husband and myself along with our children and their spouses will be sailing on this ship 10 months from now(celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary) and it really is nice to hear positive things especially since this will be our first trip in two years and with the economy being what it is we all want to get a quality product for what those dollars buy. I read all your posts tonight and looked at your photos and I'm very pleased with both. I know we'll have a great time. Older ships don't scare me at all. Thankfully no-one in our family is unduly concerned with the little things in life or on a ship for that matter. Again thanks for your review and photos!!! It adds to the excitement of taking our next trip!:)

JEDKNIGHT,

TNX as he is swell, so very correct and blunt.

Your's is quite well too.

My G U in Downtown Powhatan there is 33rd degree and eldest ever in VA..etc..You may know him from his many hectares as well..;)

AAA........

Here you loud and clear re the certain one-termer.

I'm jealous of who you have now.... Mr C ;)

Thank you, "Letsgoplaces", for letting me know that you enjoyed the photos. You (and that lousy Summit Youtube video) inspired me to post a few more.

I have no doubt that you and your family will enjoy your cruise. I am looking forward to one day taking my son and his future family on a cruise. What a wonderful way to make cherished memories! That is better than leaving that cruise money in the bank. Here's to a wonderful family celebration on your 35th wedding anniversary!

Loved the Summit.

I won't repeat my comments - you'll find them on that video thread denouncing the ship.

I also just posted a few photos in the Photo Gallery.

We were very happy with our Summit experience!

P.S. Also, very friendly, polite and happy staff, even though they work very hard, especially with all of the extra efforts being undertaken to protect the passengers' health.

Hi, thanks so much for the pictures:) I keep forgetting about that

photo gallery! Maybe I should post some of mine over there as well:D

Glad you had a great time too:)

Archived