Ok, need some LOVE for Summit....please!

JEDIKNIGHT

We were 8 (4 couples) on the Summit at the end of Feb. Our third time sailing her, and for 2 other couples it was the second. Fourth couple has only ever been on one cruise before on Princess. We all loved it, and had a great time. Customer service was especially good.

Read our full review in the Member Reviews secition for Celebrity Summit.

Cheers!

Groupnors

Thanks Crafty Fitzwilly for the added photos and the well wishes on our anniversary. Your photos of that fabulous brunch are fantastic and I need to ask when was that and where? I'm sure it's been spoken of a jillion times somewhere but I've never read about a brunch like that. How fun!! Is that where you get the waffles I've read about?

And to Lois R.....thank you too for your positive comments about this line and this ship. I EXPECT some things to be worn etc but it's nice to hear from people like you both who will bring out the positives to balance out the negatives.....and YES please upload some of your photos too when you get the chance. I love looking and then end up emailing them to my kids who also get more excited about our trip.

We have been on Summit twice. We ignored a few rust spots on outside areas. DUH ocean air and water on metal. A few less than perfect chairs do not matter. What was important was that we were treatly magnificantly. We were spoiled. We ate good food. We had good entertainment. We were together as a family. A vacation is all what you make of it. Yes Summit probably could use some updating,but I like her just the way she is. We liked the Infinity also.

So Jedi, If one does not look for the bad, one will not find it.

Happy Cruising,

Connie

Thanks Crafty Fitzwilly for the added photos and the well wishes on our anniversary. Your photos of that fabulous brunch are fantastic and I need to ask when was that and where? I'm sure it's been spoken of a jillion times somewhere but I've never read about a brunch like that. How fun!! Is that where you get the waffles I've read about?

And to Lois R.....thank you too for your positive comments about this line and this ship. I EXPECT some things to be worn etc but it's nice to hear from people like you both who will bring out the positives to balance out the negatives.....and YES please upload some of your photos too when you get the chance. I love looking and then end up emailing them to my kids who also get more excited about our trip.

Hi, you can click on both sites in my signature if you want:D

Both Webshots and Flickr have plenty of photos on them.:)

Ok, got it.

May 2nd, same cruise.

Joe and Jill whom you met on Mercury.

1st port is 15 mins from their house.

They've offered to be gracious hosts at their home for my parents, and their family members, and are serving all you can eat, authentic New England lobster at their home.

Got it, thanks.

Loved the Summit.

I won't repeat my comments - you'll find them on that video thread denouncing the ship.

I also just posted a few photos in the Photo Gallery.

We were very happy with our Summit experience!

P.S. Also, very friendly, polite and happy staff, even though they work very hard, especially with all of the extra efforts being undertaken to protect the passengers' health.

Thanks so much for the reassuring picutres of Summit! When I read a few negative comments I start to get nervous about my May cruise, but seeing those pictures of the famous waffles makes all the worry melt away (with syrup and butter, of course!)........Some rust on the ship won't bother me........I feel rusty myself at times, but I can still be a lot of fun!!;)

Ok, got it.

May 2nd, same cruise.

Joe and Jill whom you met on Mercury.

1st port is 15 mins from their house.

They've offered to be gracious hosts at their home for my parents, and their family members, and are serving all you can eat, authentic New England lobster at their home.

Got it, thanks.

I think that is a Celebrity sponsered shore excursion. You really should book this cruise now, you know you want to! Jill

Some facts:

• More people recently enjoyed the Summit than those few that didn't. (I have yet to see a website www.getridofthesummit.com :))

• People still choose to sail the Summit from their past experiences either with the ship itself, or with the cruise line.

• The ship has received very high inspection ratings. (a score of 98 from the CDC - 85 is passing)

• As for "dire needs" Celebrity does not feel that an immediate dry-dock is necessary at this time. They've been in the business a long time. I trust they know what they're doing. If not, Celebrity wouldn't be in business, or at least wouldn't receive the high praises that it does from travel magazines and websites.

• I've read tons of recent reviews on this site as well as others about how beautiful and enjoyable the Summit is.

I will say this is a perfect ship and someone will find something to complain about "its too windy on my balcony, the sun isn't shining on my side of the ship" some people just like to complain, hay your on vacation you don't have to cook, clean be happy.:D

Hi letsgoplaces,

You're welcome. The brunch was held on the Sea Day, which was Friday - I believe it was from 10:30 to 1:00, something like that. (Our ship returned to San Juan the next day).

No, the delectable waffles are found every morning at the Waffle Bar in the Waterfall Grill. (They are not available through CC Room Service). There are also some great eggs at the Waffle Bar; Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine, and two or three other varieties. I had the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon. Yummy. :)

Hi letsgoplaces,

You're welcome. The brunch was held on the Sea Day, which was Friday - I believe it was from 10:30 to 1:00, something like that. (Our ship returned to San Juan the next day).

No, the delectable waffles are found every morning at the Waffle Bar in the Waterfall Grill. (They are not available through CC Room Service). There are also some great eggs at the Waffle Bar; Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine, and two or three other varieties. I had the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon. Yummy. :)

Just wanted to add that we had a CC cabin on the Summit and really enjoyed our breakfast on the balcony. We just wrote in waffles on the order form and they were delivered, no problem!! I was hoping they would do this because my husband got really spoiled having the breakfast on the balcony and not having to fight the crowds in the buffet area for breakfast.

I have sailed on 10 cruises, twice on the Summit, she is by far my favorite ship. She is a very friendly, comfortable, hospitable, clean fabulous ship, I compared the other cruise ships to her, which wasn't fair. She is still my special ship.

The specialty restaurants are really good, a must try. I know you and your family will have an amazing time, and remember, it is what you make of it.

Hi Kathy, thanks for the birthday wishes.

I just know when I cruise I always have a great time.:)

Hi Lois, I see you had one of the angle balconies on Summit. We just booked cabin 7080 with an angled balcony on the opposite side of the ship for June 27. How did you like it? Is the balcony as good as it seems on the little diagram of the rooms?

Hi Lois, I see you had one of the angle balconies on Summit. We just booked cabin 7080 with an angled balcony on the opposite side of the ship for June 27. How did you like it? Is the balcony as good as it seems on the little diagram of the rooms?

Hi:) the balcony was nice although my neighbors were not so....so I wasn't out there too much. I mean I did use it but not all the time.

Just an FYI, when you look forward you don't get a good view (if that is important to you). It didn't matter to me. But if you want to see

up to the front of the ship its not the balcony to book.

I had one lounge chair, one regular chair and a table. I don't get

balconies too often so it was nice even with the funky neighbors:rolleyes:

I guess that can happen to anyone.

I had a fantastic cruise though:D and hope you do too:)

Hi Lois and a belated Happy Birthday to you!!!

Jedi, we LOVED the Summit. We cruised her in December and I'm sure you've seen some of my many reviews. We had cabin 7192 which was a concierge class cabin and it was awesome. We had so many price drops from original booking, it ended up being cheaper than a regular balcony cabin which is a big plus. We thought the ship was in great shape and we enjoyed everything about her from the outstanding service to the wonderful food. Normandie was also excellent and should not be missed.

I agree with the other posters, you are going to find people who will make negative comments about anything and always look for some reason to complain. I say any cruise is a good cruise and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to take cruises. Go and enjoy yourself.

When a price drops do all TA's correct the price before your last payment?? Do I need to also contact my TA to inform them of the price difference??

When a price drops do all TA's correct the price before your last payment?? Do I need to also contact my TA to inform them of the price difference??

With most TA's you have to call them as soon as you see the price drop and they will get it adjusted for you. They do not automatically check and adjust for you.

I am also a Summit fan. We have taken 2 New Year's cruises this year and last. You will have a wonderful time. Just be sure and let your parents out of babysitting duty at night so they can listen to the Elk Island trio and do a little dancing. They are wonderful.

Love that Ship!!!!

Is your glass half full or half empty...it is all in how you see it. The Summit is a fine ship with fabulous crew, sailed on her in Jan and doing so again next year. On our sailing in Jan there was group of us who had sailed on her last Jan and all returned to do it again...that says alot:D You and your family will have a great cruise! Our room did not show any wear or tear and it was clean including the showers. I work in the hospitality trade and am very critical when it comes to cleanliness. Booked for next Jan.

Beerrun : I agree with the Elk Island Trio...they rock the ship. Best band I have ever listened to on the high seas. They will be on the Summit until August 2010. In January they did not have a home base and played in different venues...my favourite was the last night at sea in Michae''s Club.

Island Pat just curious what kind of room did you have on the Summit? Inside, balcony, CC etc? and could you comment on your impressions and the location etc wondering about feeling more motion than the norm if you were up front or in the rear of the ship.

With most TA's you have to call them as soon as you see the price drop and they will get it adjusted for you. They do not automatically check and adjust for you.

My AAA TA checks contantly and will inform us of any price drops. TAs have access to programs that do the monitoring for them, so there is no reason they can't provide price drop information when it happens.

Archived