Has this ever happened to you?

cruisecrazyk

I called NCL to change my cruise and they told me there was a travel agency attached to my reservation! I have dealt with NCL only and called them over the phone and made all the reservations. I paid them the deposit and this agency I have never heard of is attached to my account! They are going to have a supervisor call them and call me back. I am a little scared that somehow there is some agency getting names and attaching themselves to reservations. It is an agency in Florida. I just hope this is some weird mistake. Now I cannot do anything until I hear back from NCL!:mad:

I called NCL to change my cruise and they told me there was a travel agency attached to my reservation! I have dealt with NCL only and called them over the phone and made all the reservations. I paid them the deposit and this agency I have never heard of is attached to my account! They are going to have a supervisor call them and call me back. I am a little scared that somehow there is some agency getting names and attaching themselves to reservations. It is an agency in Florida. I just hope this is some weird mistake. Now I cannot do anything until I hear back from NCL!:mad:

Yikes! I never heard of that happening. Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

Are you 100% positive you dealt with NCL, vs an agency that looked like they were NCL?

For someone to attach to your reservation, they would need certain information that not just anybody would have.

Another possibility is that somebody was doing a legit switch and the customer service rep hit the wrong account maybe?

Did NCL send you a confirmation of the original booking via email? We always get one right away.

I have an email confirmation from NCL and proof I paid them. This so called agency sent a fax in 10 days later and got attached to my reservation. Still waiting on a call back. I have never had this happen before so I am hoping this is just an error somehow. It is a little scary though because I wonder what and how they got my info.

OP keep us posted.. This is very interesting. I would bet NCL somehow made a mistake rather than an agency just attaching themselves to your reservation. The only way I can think of they would have enough info to do that is if they hacked NCL's computers, which is possible I guess. Can't wait to find out whats going on.

Twice I've called for quote from an internet-based agency then have found a lower price and tried to book a cruise to find out that the "other" agency had placed a cabin hold on my accountwithout my consideration or approval. It wasn't fun, because I couldn't book the cruise at the price I wanted for the cabin I wanted until the other agency released the hold. NCL wouldn't even let me cancel it. But I guess that is a different scenario than the one the OP is talking about.

I wonder if we surf a website and plug in information for a cruise if that can be tracked?

I'm anxious to hear back from OP.....

Another possibility is that somebody was doing a legit switch and the customer service rep hit the wrong account maybe?

It looks more like a computer eror by someone, I would say don't swaet it till you hear from them.

Everyone is missing the most important point. If NCL tells you that there is an agency attached to your reservation, find out who it is. They have to know who made the reservation. For example, after I booked my reservation through NCL, American Express wanted to make me an offer to take over the reservation. NCL said that would be ok but they needed a letter from me stating I was giving them the reservatoin. I declined the offer. I find it hard to believe that that they say you are booked with someone else but they dont know who.

It seems you are leaving out that part of of the story or dont realize you booked with an agent. Unless you booked directly on the NCL site or on the phone with an NCL representative, you booked through an travel agent.

Some people do not realize that one downside of booking with a travel agent is that you cant deal directly with the cruise line.

This is why I only book directly with NCL.

Have you ever booked an NCL crusie through that agency? If you have that likely explains how it happened. It was in your profile and they just associated it with your current booking.

Have you ever booked an NCL crusie through that agency? If you have that likely explains how it happened. It was in your profile and they just associated it with your current booking.

This would seem to me like a very possible reason. I know it happens on carnival.com at times, can't say i have specific experience on NCL. If you perviously booked with a travel agency and created a "myncl" account at that time, it may have that agency's phone number attached to your account.

I totally agree with the above posts - no idea how a TA could attach - i booked with an NCL rep and have such touched base with him and changed a couple of things and when i went into my account he totally changed the reservation in live time. Worked really well - and i have used TA in the past...not with NCL tho - only RC...

OP, please, please come back and tell us how this ends up. I really don't care whose mistake it was, as long as it is resolved correctly, and some agency isn't doing something illegal or even questionable. That would harm my faith in the NCL booking system, which I have always found to be very good.

Al

wow, this is really something; I don't blame you for being concerned. I am sure how something like this could even happen. Keep us posted. I will add one thing to this, even though you do have an invoice from NCL that does not mean you didn't book with an agent or that somehow, as someone said an agent from the past didn't get put on the reservation some how. As an agent we do get invoices directly from NCL that we often send on to our clients.

Nita

Everyone is missing the most important point. If NCL tells you that there is an agency attached to your reservation, find out who it is. They have to know who made the reservation. For example, after I booked my reservation through NCL, American Express wanted to make me an offer to take over the reservation. NCL said that would be ok but they needed a letter from me stating I was giving them the reservatoin. I declined the offer. I find it hard to believe that that they say you are booked with someone else but they dont know who.

It seems you are leaving out that part of of the story or dont realize you booked with an agent. Unless you booked directly on the NCL site or on the phone with an NCL representative, you booked through an travel agent.

Some people do not realize that one downside of booking with a travel agent is that you cant deal directly with the cruise line.

It sounds like they know who it is- "it is an agency in Florida", but they aren't naming names so they don't run afoul of Cruise Critics rules.

OP, I will also add my well wishes and wait for an update.

Dealing with a cruise line isn't always a pleasant experience LOL, which is why I usually book through a reputable TA. LOL!!

OP, please keep us updated. This is very bizarre.

It sounds like they know who it is- "it is an agency in Florida", but they aren't naming names so they don't run afoul of Cruise Critics rules.

OP, I will also add my well wishes and wait for an update.

You must be kidding? I am trying to help someone and you make a smart remark towards me? I know the process as I was explaining what also happened to me. NCL like any cruise line KNOWS WHO MADE THE RESERVATION for a passenger. The passenger not only made the reservation but made payment to this agency. Even if it was a mistake by NCL, they still would be able to correct it with telling the passenger who to contact to correct things.

So saying this part is missing from the complaint, sparks says I am violating cruise critic rules. What a joke.

So much for trying to help someone from someone that went through the process.

THANKS Sparks, your contribution really helped! Before you rant why dont you call NCL and ask them this. It is impossible for NCL to take a reservation from an agency without knowing who the agency is.

Before you throw stones sparks, make sure you dont live in a glass house ;)

There are lots of passengers who book through agents that think they booked directly with a cruise line. If NCL told me that I was booked through an agency, they would have to know who booked them with NCL. They would tell you but if they did not, I would cancel the reservation immediately.

It is a sad day in English communication when trying to point out the obvious, trying to help someone, or inform someone is compared to a violation such as name calling, cyber stalking, etc.

You must be kidding? I am trying to help someone and you make a smart remark towards me? I know the process as I was explaining what also happened to me. NCL like any cruise line KNOWS WHO MADE THE RESERVATION for a passenger. The passenger not only made the reservation but made payment to this agency. Even if it was a mistake by NCL, they still would be able to correct it with telling the passenger who to contact to correct things.

So saying this part is missing from the complaint, sparks says I am violating cruise critic rules. What a joke.

THANKS Sparks, your contribution really helped! Before you rant why dont you call NCL and ask them this. It is impossible for NCL to make a reservation from an agency without knowing who the agency is.

I didn't mean to rattle your cage and don't know what I said that got you so upset, I was merely pointing out that the OP had stated they knew who the travel agency was as they had evidently received the info from NCL. As for the remark about Cruise Critic rules I was again referring to the OP who didn't name the agency involved, my reference had nothing to do with your post.

THANKS Sparks, your contribution really helped! Before you rant why dont you call NCL and ask them this. It is impossible for NCL to take a reservation from an agency without knowing who the agency is.

There are lots of passengers who book through agents that think they booked directly with a cruise line. If NCL told me that I was booked through an agency, they would have to know who booked them with NCL. They would tell you but if they did not, I would cancel the reservation immediately.

It is a sad day in English communication when trying to point out the obvious, trying to help someone, or inform someone is compared to a violation such as name calling, cyber stalking, etc.

HOLY CRAP! You totally misunderstood that now didn't you???

The OP cannot name travel agents on this board according to CC rules.

Yes, a sad day in English communication LOL!!!!!!! Especially when something is so obvious.

{whooops. I see Sparks already corrected you}

This is getting way over blown

This can be solved so simple

All the passenger has to do is show proof of payment to NCL. If what she says is true, it will be corrected. Having went through a similiar experience (in reverse), it is common for people to book through agents and THINK they booked directly with NCL.

If her credit card receipt says NCL, then it will be corrected. If it says otherwise, she will have to cancel or switch the reservation with NCL. Remember that NCL and all cruise lines are hooked into travel agents. I find it odd that this mistake could happen but I am not sure how.

It is extremely common for passengers to think they are booked directly with the cruise line. That is what I was trying to say. But saying that got me into trouble. I am still confused why saying this got the response that it did.

Last month I was on the phone with NCL and thought about switching my reservation to American Express and the NCL employee told me the difference and how common it is for passengers to think they are booked with NCL.

There are many cruise offers from cards and agencies with codes that automaticly make you book with them. It is misleading but sharing this experience seems to have upset some here (not sure why).

:confused:

Your experience upset no one.

I have no idea why you seem to be so confused.

I didn't mean to rattle your cage and don't know what I said that got you so upset, I was merely pointing out that the OP had stated they knew who the travel agency was as they had evidently received the info from NCL. As for the remark about Cruise Critic rules I was again referring to the OP who didn't name the agency involved, my reference had nothing to do with your post.

I am sorry, I thought your comment was to me since you quoted me

I will delete the rest

Archived