Barcelona taxi or Tour from Airport

dabear

We will be flying into Barcelona thru Frankfort arriving 9:30am. Since we doubt our hotel room will be ready and we want to take the 4 hour city tour from Barcelona Day Tours we inquired about the cost of them picking us up , tour and drop us off at the hotel in the Elxample area. The additional cost is 50e pp or about an additional $136 over the cost of the tour from our hotel & sounds like alot of money unless the airport is far from town. Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from the airport to our hotel area? We prefer not to take the train w/luggage etc. thanks

Two years ago we paid about ~35 Euros from Las Ramblas to the airport. There is an extra surcharge per additional passenger and extra luggage to, we had 3-4 people and 3-5 pieces of luggage.

We will be flying into Barcelona thru Frankfort arriving 9:30am. Since we doubt our hotel room will be ready and we want to take the 4 hour city tour from Barcelona Day Tours we inquired about the cost of them picking us up , tour and drop us off at the hotel in the Elxample area. The additional cost is 50e pp or about an additional $136 over the cost of the tour from our hotel & sounds like alot of money unless the airport is far from town. Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from the airport to our hotel area? We prefer not to take the train w/luggage etc. thanks

The bus has worked well for us so have no personal experience but checked http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/barcelona/airport-transfers.htm .

The price they speak of is similar to what chipmaster paid. Hard to tell with surcharges for airport pickup and # of bags. They have a link to a taxi company's web site where the tariff is posted

I was surprised at the huge surcharge you were quoted with your tour. That is almost as much as the four hour tour cost! Coincidently I had a browser window open to their page when I came across your post. I had assumed that when they wrote "pickup anywhere" they really did't care as long as it fits in the 4 hour tour time. I guess I am wrong and that they really will pick up anywhere as long as I'll pay the hefty surcharge. btw I did check another shuttle service vs taxi and they quote ~E38 pp for airport to BCN.

We have Barcelona Day tours booked this Nov, they will pick us up at the airport,

drive us to our hotel (our hotel committed to having our room ready by 9 am at no

charge) where we will secure our luggage and valuables, then take the half day Barcelonea Day tour. Price is 109euro pp for two, if we have four, price is 69 euro pp, for six folks, price is 55 euro pp.

I paid about 40 euros for a cab for 2 adults + 2 children + tons of luggage in Jan. If it were me, I'd probably take a cab, and if my room isn't ready when I arrive, just leave the luggage and take a walk or sit in a cafe - it's a lovely area.

Best,

Mia

dabear,

Wow!?! From what I see can see, the taxi fare from the airport to your hotel should be 35 Euros max. Why don't you just take a taxi from the airport to your hotel, then have the hotel check your luggage. Then have the tour company pick you up at your hotel? Then when you get back, your luggage may already be in your room.

Actually if it were me, I don't know that I would want to do a tour, right after getting off a long flight. But then if your room isn't ready, then you have to do something. I would probably want to just walk around town. Most of the sites seem to be in the central area anyway.

wow. thanks for all the quick and valuable advice. I've emailed the tour company to see if they will do the same as offered to Colonal Wes and posted on our 1/23/11 NCL Jade board to see if anyone wants to join us. Otherwise, it makes sense to take a taxi to the hotel and tour later. While we will have just come off the long flight, we will be too excited to just rest and we also would want to begin adjusting to the time changes.

• 1 month later...
We have Barcelona Day tours booked this Nov, they will pick us up at the airport,

drive us to our hotel (our hotel committed to having our room ready by 9 am at no

charge) where we will secure our luggage and valuables, then take the half day Barcelonea Day tour. Price is 109euro pp for two, if we have four, price is 69 euro pp, for six folks, price is 55 euro pp.

a 9am guarantee from the hotel is great,would you mind sharing where you are staying? thanks Jacqui

Archived