Critical things to bring

carolinesmom

We're flying out Sunday morning for Ft Lauderdale. We're cruising from POM Monday. Today and tomorrow I will be packing. We've never cruised before. I'm worried about the critical things we'll need. Is there anything besides passports, cruise documents, insurance papers as far as documents go? It is me, DH, and 4 children ages 6-14. Thanks!

We'll be taking our first cruise in August and like you I was concerned about items that we would need that aren't exactly thought of when you're a first time cruiser.

I found an excellent list by another member here at CC, Janet Foster, and it's a life saver if there ever was one. Here's the link:

Janet Foster's Ultimate Packing List for Newbies

Hope that helps and thanks Janet!!

We're flying out Sunday morning for Ft Lauderdale. We're cruising from POM Monday. Today and tomorrow I will be packing. We've never cruised before. I'm worried about the critical things we'll need. Is there anything besides passports, cruise documents, insurance papers as far as documents go? It is me, DH, and 4 children ages 6-14. Thanks!

Your kids will need some picture ID. If they don't have passports, run down and get them ID's at the DOL. :)

I use my cell phone to input lots of confirmation numbers. I'm not likely to lose my phone, and it's a space-saving way to store lots of information:

Input confirmation numbers for your cruise

Enter your passport numbers (without explaination of what they are -- no one who looked at your phone would ever figure it out) into each family member's birthday.

Input confirmation number for your pre-cruise hotel

Input confirmation number for flights or any other transportation you've reserved

Input confirmation numbers for any shore excursions you've reserved

Input information about insurance

If you leave your car in the terminal parking lot, input its location

As for clothing, etc., don't over-pack. The ship provides most everything you need, and you'll have little space in your room.

sunscreen, dollars, fives, and 10s, are helpful for tips on and off ship and for small purchases off ship. (dollar bills for room service) Your fun pass... another picture ID of some kind for both you and hubby .. drivers license will do. Document wise, I can't think of anything unless one of the children are step children.. then you have to have a notarized statement from theother parent saying they give permission to you to take them out of the country.

We'll be taking our first cruise in August and like you I was concerned about items that we would need that aren't exactly thought of when you're a first time cruiser.

I found an excellent list by another member here at CC, Janet Foster, and it's a life saver if there ever was one. Here's the link:

Janet Foster's Ultimate Packing List for Newbies

Hope that helps and thanks Janet!!

You are so "sweet" Sweet_Tea.. thanks for the mention!

Archived