Carnival Magic Transatlantic?

karmavacations

I have searched Carnival's website looking for a Transatlantic crossing of the Magic...It is nowhere to be found!

I know that it is scheduled to cruise Europe before home-porting in Florida.

Is Carnival not planning to sell this as regular sailing?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched Carnival's website looking for a Transatlantic crossing of the Magic...It is nowhere to be found!

I know not even my PVP knows this ... so maybe you misunderstood.

This is the info that 1000 (probably more) are dying to know .. where Magic will home port. If Carnival told us where the TA ends at ... we would know the home port. voila.

This is the info that 1000 (probably more) are dying to know .. where Magic will home port. If Carnival told us where the TA ends at ... we would know the home port. voila.

ouch fire!!!!! besides, I thought allen was miss understood???? lol

Not necessarily...Remember, Carnival Dream TA ended in NYC, and she is not homeported there...EM

Not necessarily...Remember, Carnival Dream TA ended in NYC, and she is not homeported there...EM

But her home port was known before then. The Magic doesn't start sailing for another 15 months and won't be going out of US ports for a year and a half from now. So we'll just have to "suffer" until they start bookings for over here.

I seem to remember though that the Dream did some cruises out of NY and then moved to Florida.

If Magic did something like this then host randy's CC cruise would still know where it was out of.

I know the Dream did a few cruises out of New York....but didn't her TA actually end in Port Canaveral and then it went up to NY or did the TA end in New York????

Thanks, I could not remember, since we did not sail on her until she was ported in PC.

I'm really not sure of the strategy for why the TA ended up in NY other than for marketing reasons.

With a season of European cruises for Magic, I doubt they will wait until New Orleans for the actual naming ceremony. ;)

We asked about this at the Future Cruise desk just last week on Pride. They had no info. btw -- the Carnival future cruise staffer was also COMPLETELY unhelpful. Made no effort to sell us a cruise. His loss cuz we probably would have bought, even if the transatlantic weren't available yet.

• 5 weeks later...
I know the Dream did a few cruises out of New York....but didn't her TA actually end in Port Canaveral and then it went up to NY or did the TA end in New York????

I was lucky enough to be on the Dream TA and it ended in NYC (much too soon!!). Once the ship was christened (that afternoon) they ran a short excursion (to nowhere) for the press and travel agent people from NYC. Then the Dream sailed from NYC to Port Canaveral where it lives. :D

If I remember right the Dream sailed to Port Canaveral from New York empty. I don't think the Magic will stop in New York after all the problems last year. Not a good start for a new Ship. I think they will just send the Magic straight to NO and have a huge party when it gets there:) Really though I just wish they would open up the TA for booking so I could start dreaming of where we are going. What a way to ruin a girls day dreaming:mad:

I was lucky enough to be on the Dream TA and it ended in NYC (much too soon!!). Once the ship was christened (that afternoon) they ran a short excursion (to nowhere) for the press and travel agent people from NYC. Then the Dream sailed from NYC to Port Canaveral where it lives. :D

Thanks...we were on the first sailing (the 9 day) from Port Canaveral.

I think the whole ending in Manhattan was to do with who the Godmother was and her relationship to St Judes Children's Hospital (which all the activities centered around).

• 1 year later...

Hello Cruise Critic:

My wife Andrea and I are booked on the Carnival Magic 10/28/11 Transatlantic sailing. This is my first post on Cruise Critic and don’t know exactly how to do this or if this is the correct message board to ask the following:

1. Is anyone know of a good tour in our ports of call?

2. Is there any Cruise Critic get together aboard the Magic on the Transatlantic Cruise?

John

Archived