What's the lowest price so far you paid to go on Oasis of the Seas? Last Minute?

Jimbo

We have 2 rooms for 5 people on 6/5- so very much in season although the next week would have cost us another $500. We originally paid $9067.80 (1839 x's 4 and 1199 x 1 plus taxes) for 2 adjoining central park interiors (balconies supposedly open together as well) 2 weeks ago I came across a residency and/or public service discount (not in FL). Since we'd already paid in full, I was given cabin credit for 860 in one and 760 in the other bringing my new total down to $7447.80, I was completely thrilled. (Although it's only $200 cheaper than our "off season owners suite on Liberty) So expensive yes, but it's very worth checking back often for price breaks. I booked directly through RCCL so it was a breeze to get the credit. Should we not use it all as room credit, we receive a refund at the end of the cruise.

When we booked the Oasis about 6 months ago for May 15 the rate for a CP balcony was about 1650. Then it dropped 100 which I thought was amazing. Before final the senior rate dropped to 1099 and after final it dropped for military rate to 899. So anyone who qualified for military (law enforcement) could have had a drop quite large. I would think at this point already they picked up a lot of cabins on that last drop. Either way I am thrilled I was apply to use that discount.

Good luck everyone who wants to go and hope you get a discount.

When we booked the Oasis about 6 months ago for May 15 the rate for a CP balcony was about 1650. Then it dropped 100 which I thought was amazing. Before final the senior rate dropped to 1099 and after final it dropped for military rate to 899. So anyone who qualified for military (law enforcement) could have had a drop quite large. I would think at this point already they picked up a lot of cabins on that last drop. Either way I am thrilled I was apply to use that discount.

Good luck everyone who wants to go and hope you get a discount.

That clearly shows they are havinga tough time filling the ship. Thanks for the report.

Jimbo:)

It seems that the only cabins left are the interior boardwalk and CP cabins. All the others are going and I don't see any price reductions. I think that RCI has those cabins priced too high anyway plus I have no interest in a cabin with a balcony facing other balcones but bottom line, you won't see Oasis or Allure with $499.00 weekly pricing anytime soon and for that I'm glad.

You also have to ask what did those folks pay when they initially booked. I have seen the BW and CP cabins priced at $1500.00 per person and higher on many cruises. If they drop a couple of hundred dollars, RCI is still getting a good price on those balcony cabins compared to other ships in the fleet.

Just got off the 3/20 cruise. Our rate was $1529. pp d7 deck 11 oceanview balcony. We used our Royal Caribbean Visa points and got $2500 off the stateroom. We also received $100 off for our Crown and Anchor. The balance including taxes, port fees and pre-paid tips was a little over $800 for the 2 of us.

With the Diamond/Platinum discount We paid $899 each for a D1 Cabin for the 5-29-10 sailing.

Good Luck!

Jo Ann

how long ago did you book this?

I see what you did. This is military rate. With discount.

I had booked a inside at $729 when rates first came out .... rates for insides for Sept 2011 are still at $729 with OBC for early booking being offered.

From what I know, the early booking rates are holding up to still be cheaper than close in last minute rates on Oasis .. I had cancelled and rebooked further out. My old date almost doubled that I had originally booked. Seems to me like people are willing to pay the price ... at least once to experience Oasis?

Hopefully they come down in price soon, once the newness wears off and the Allure comes out.

thats what Im wondering ... how having a second huge mammoth ship will affect prices on Oasis. Thats a lot of people to book out of the same port every week!!!

thats what Im wondering ... how having a second huge mammoth ship will affect prices on Oasis. Thats a lot of people to book out of the same port every week!!!

Wouldn't this also indicate falling/bargin prices on other RCCL ships and/or other cruise lines as well?

I've been following the Oasis fares for a while, hoping that a last minute deal would pop up. Since I live about 5 hours away and am retired I could do that. Nothing turned up until mid March when a military discount on an inside cabin for 4/24 popped up at $799 a person. Since I sail solo, I ended up paying about $1400, but that was $1000 less than anything previous, so I took the plunge. Maybe I should have waited until next year, since the Oasis still seems to be having operational issues and things are not running smoothly. Last minute port change was a little annoying. But I am still very excited and intend to make the most of every minute onboard, go with the flow (but not the flowrider).

:) We just booked the Oasis for April 2012 for a family of 4 for a D3 category for $4418 last week, 2 years in advance. A D1 category was going to be $4800 but because my 2 kids wouldn't sleep in the same bed all week we had to go with the D3. I am very happy with the price we got. It will be spring vacation for my kids that week.

Archived