What's the lowest price so far you paid to go on Oasis of the Seas? Last Minute?

Jimbo

While sailing on Holland America's Eurodam earlier this month. Talked to the crew onboard Eurodam and he said he had friends that worked on Oasis of the Seas and that the ship never goes out full.

Both ships sail from Ft. Lauderdale.

Has anyone received a low price by jumping on last minute?

Anyone from Florida getting last minute deals?

Jimbo:)

Goes to show you that crew members don't always know what they're talking about or a little wishful thinking of a HAL crew member ;). We had over 5600 on our January cruise. The ship is considered 100% at 5400. December has been the only month that I know of where she was not at 100%. Someone just came back within the last week and stated that there was over 6000 on their cruise.

and Floridians dont get last minute deals to fill up ships...........at least,I have never heard of one............

And the cheapest price that I see for an interior for April is $899.00 with the exception of next week which is Easter. An interior is over two grand.:)

and Floridians dont get last minute deals to fill up ships...........at least,I have never heard of one............

Actually, there was a Florida resident discount on our recent Indy cruise two weeks out. Unfortunately for us, it wasn't less than what we booked at.

Goes to show you that crew members don't always know what they're talking about or a little wishful thinking of a HAL crew member ;). We had over 5600 on our January cruise. The ship is considered 100% at 5400. December has been the only month that I know of where she was not at 100%. Someone just came back within the last week and stated that there was over 6000 on their cruise.

A friend came back from the March 13 sailing and it had 6003 passengers and they were told that was the most so far since she started to sail.

Actually, there was a Florida resident discount on our recent Indy cruise two weeks out. Unfortunately for us, it wasn't less than what we booked at.

I know about the resident rates...its just some people think we get super dirt cheap rates just to fill up ships...........I wish..........

I recall reading here (sort of like hearing from a friend of a friend of Adam Goldstein:rolleyes:) that RCI isn't going to discount Oasis for the first year, even if it means sailing with empty cabins.

"Full" is an interesting term - 5400 can be "full" if every cabin has 2 passengers in it. But if you start adding 3/4 to the cabins that will hold it, "full" is over 6000.

Although seniors often do, and some might argue that it's the same thing.:D;)

There have been lower fares ofered for the Oasis sailing on May29th sailing....sr. fares and resident discounts were captured for our clients residing in Florida and Ga. in balcony staterooms, not much higher than those $899 rates for inside staterooms quoted above !

So yes... the Oasis has offered lower fares despite what some may have read.

I am also waiting until the "newness" wears off also. The itinerary doesn't look so exciting so like others have said, I will go on other ships in the meantime. I don't want to buy the ship - just stay on it. LOL

I am booked on both the oasis and eurodam in Nov. The price difference is INSANE. I really do not like paying the cost for Oasis and as someone else said - the stops are not the great. But my family REALLY wants to go. I also have us booked on the Eurodam (HAL) for the same week for about 70% less and with much better stops. Between now and Nov I am keeping my eyes out for a price drop.

Kathy

And pricing - we are in a D3 - ocean view balcony, i think it was 1899 for me and my dh and 1099 for my dd. Over 1k for the third person!!! INSANE. On HAL, same room, the 3rd person is 199.

I recall reading here (sort of like hearing from a friend of a friend of Adam Goldstein:rolleyes:) that RCI isn't going to discount Oasis for the first year, even if it means sailing with empty cabins.

Although such comments can be the case, that particular comment was quoted from an interview and published as such.

While he could have been mis-quoted, it didn't sound likely. And of course, it was only a statement of intent (or may even have been to build expectations) but doesn't mean practicality may be different, or change.

Although such comments can be the case, that particular comment was quoted from an interview and published as such.

While he could have been mis-quoted, it didn't sound likely. And of course, it was only a statement of intent (or may even have been to build expectations) but doesn't mean practicality may be different, or change.

Just by the looks of all the ships sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on a Saturday now. One has to wonder how they are filling all those ships and that's just sailing from one port on one day of the week.

We had about 6 or 7 ships sailing out the day we were there.:eek:

Jimbo:)

this coming from someone in the Land of Eternal Youth??;)

Yeah, and only one RCI ship.:(

I didn't remember the source - sounds like it was more reliable than I though!:)

Yes they do on certain lines. NCL sends out notices almost weekly of last minute deals for certain states and Florida is almost always on those deals.

Can't recall seeing that for RCCL and NEVER for the Oasis though.

Yeah, and only one RCI ship.:(

Im sorry...:(:(

Yes they do on certain lines. NCL sends out notices almost weekly of last minute deals for certain states and Florida is almost always on those deals.

Can't recall seeing that for RCCL and NEVER for the Oasis though.

I WAS talking about RCCL............:rolleyes:

We booked the Oasis in Sept, 2008, just a few days after the bookings opened for her, for Sept 18, 2010. We paid $989 per person for a ocean view balcony on Deck 8. The starting price for a balcony now on our particular cruise is $1609 per person :eek: I was shocked to see the prices go up that high (and I've seen them higher for certain dates). It really bites b/c my parents recently decided that they wanted to come with us but when they checked the price, they backed out. I certainly wouldn't pay $1609 per person. Hopefully they come down in price soon, once the newness wears off and the Allure comes out.

I booked the Oasis also in Sept. of 2008 for Oct. 9, 2010 and paid $989 plus tax for a D8 Superior O/V with Balcony. There are none of those available at this point, but last time I looked the price was $1709 per person.

Im sorry...:(:(

I WAS talking about RCCL............:rolleyes:

Actually, RCCL does currently have Florida resident rates for several ships and believe it not, resident rates for one of the Oasis cruises in April.

They also have quite a few senior, military, fire and police discounted rates as well for close in cruises.

Archived