Internet access in full suite - clarification needed please

freddie1974

I have read conflicting reports of internet access being available only on the ship's computers (as per Princess' list of benefits for a full suite) whilst others say Wi-Fi is available FOC.

Has their policy changed recently, and is this ship dependant? We are in a full suite on the Grand in May and it won't be worth taking my laptop if I have to use their PC's for internet access. Last June on the Coral we were told it was their computers only.

Many thanks.

CB last December had free internet in the suite. The cost appears on you ship board account but then a credit appears. I could not believe we could have used $1000 in internet time. The perks in the suites are certainly worth it

Great, thanks. Out of interest does anyone know when this policy changed?

It took a while for Princess to get WiFi available throughout the fleet on all ships, and it seemed to be a rather slow process. Some ships offered it for quite sometime while others did not. I can't remember when they finally finished the WiFi upgrade, but it has now been done on all the ships in the fleet.

Princess just never changed their web page to reflect that is isn't just the ships computers now that have unlimited internet access for full suites, but it is also available for wireless.

I do know that the last two years it has been available on most ships, so it has been around for a while. ;)

I know WiFi was not available on the Coral last September while we were onboard. I believe it was added at the conclusion of our repo. cruise, and was one of the last ships to get it. The entire internet service and cell service was down for our cruise in preparation for the change over (or so they told us).

CB last December had free internet in the suite. The cost appears on you ship board account but then a credit appears. I could not believe we could have used $1000 in internet time. The perks in the suites are certainly worth it

On the Sapphire in December no charge ever appeared - when we logged in, it said something about us being in a suite and having complimentary Wifi.

We had unlimited free internet via wifi in a full suite on the Grand Princess in August of 2008, so it has been available on that ship for quite awhile. Since we didn't discover that you need to log off the wifi network if you leave your laptop on until we had burned through four packages we used quite a lot of internet. It was all charged and then credited back to our account.

we were on star october 09 and had free internet in our suite

we took our mini computer

used something like 1000 minutes on 30 day cruise

isa great perk

free laundry too!!

hava great cruise

IF you don't bring your own laptop - can you still use the INternet Cafe for free if you have a full suite?

Yes, if you are booked in a full suite, all your internet minutes are complimentary, even when using the ships internet cafe.

IF you don't bring your own laptop - can you still use the INternet Cafe for free if you have a full suite?

It is unlimited in the internet cafe as well as wifi and you can mix and match your usage between wifi and the ship's computers.

While we agreed with all the posts about free access using Wi-Fi from full suites, we contacted Princess to get the official word on unlimited internet access in full suites since we are off on a cruise in a few weeks.

Princess response:

Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom)

Interesting!All that money spent for a vacation,and everyone is concerned about internet usage/costs!A $1000 worth of usage?HAH!:rolleyes:

If you think this is something wait until someone brings up the free ice cream again. Some people will base a cruise on that.

Mike:rolleyes:

No, no, and no. Three more good reasons to have your laptop/netbook with you.

Dang it. The laptop is an Alienware 17" and not going to drag that around. Hefty Hefty Hefty. I guess I will use the internet cafe or an I device.

Archived