Tour for Kusadasi

We had excellent service from Ekol Tours in Kusadasi. They were very flexible and arranged things the way we wanted to. Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/blacksea2.html

The beach? Well, everybody has their own preferences. But frankly, Kusadasi offers sooooo many wonderful things to do that the beach would be very low on my personal list.

Have a GREAT cruise!

I'd be one to second EKOL. Ask for the guide Ali, he was great!!

Good luck!

Any suggestion for private tour company in Kusadasi to see the sights and to take us to the beach.

I'll add another very strong recommendation for Ekol, and also throw in my two cents of advice that if you haven't been to Ephesus, it beats a beach any day.... Lots of beaches in the world, not too many Greco/Roman ruins like this....

Whatever you choose, have a great trip!

I'll add another very strong recommendation for Ekol, and also throw in my two cents of advice that if you haven't been to Ephesus, it beats a beach any day.... Lots of beaches in the world, not too many Greco/Roman ruins like this....

And to think it is only 13% excavated ! I sometimes wonder since we went, what it will be like when they have it 100% excavated !!!!!

Hello to all:

Has anyone who did this site have any input on Magnesia. We are looking at one of the two longer tours and one stops there and the other does not.

If you know anything.... let me know.

Thank you.

Fran

It seems Ekol is the way to go any recommendation on drivers.

Our Ekol guide was Yelda (there was a driver as well) and she was fantastic. Made the ancient city of Ephesus "come alive" for us. Easily the most enjoyable single day of our 12-day Med cruise.

One thing that seems to be the case, though, with many if not most private tour operators, is that they'll let you request a guide by name, but won't guarantee that person. (I think a lot of the guides are freelancers, not employees.)

We used Ekol for our day and had Emre (Em-ray) for our guide. We also had a driver too and did the 4X4 jeep tour. Amazing day ! One I will not soon forget.

Our guide told us that most of the guides do work for themselves and will do tours for other companies and freelance etc. But he did tell us that it is good when a specific guide is requested...... so I would go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to Kusadasi in May. We have booked an excursion for Ephesus for the morning and plan on going to the beach in the afternoon.

There are several nice beaches in Kusadasi that I have read about. Ladies beach is a favorite but I guess it is very crowded. Another beach is Long Beach. Either beach you can take the bus/dolmus there and back. There is a beach in town but doesn't seem to be one people recommend. There are other beaches but a little further away.

I am looking into the Hello Ephesus tours. We're thinking of going with the 3 1/2 hour which includes:

Ancient City of Ephesus

Rates Included: - The tour includes the professional licensed tour guide, all entrance fees, private air-conditioned transportation and VAT.

- Approximate time to reach to Ephesus is 20 minutes.

- As the number of participant increases the certain amount of discount will be applied.

- Please contact us for your group requests.

- Children 0-6 ages are free.

- The price is valid during the year 2010.

The price for our group is:

Min.5 - 8 Pax 40 USD Per Person

The Ephesus & The House of Virgin Mary Tour seems to be the same tour with a stop at the House of the Virgin Mary for 30 minutes (4 hour tour) for $10 more per person.

Question... is the House of the Virgin Mary "worth it"... I know this is in the eye of the beholder, but if its nothing much to see, we'd skip it and get back to the ship earlier.

I don't want to overload my family on full day tours since we'll have Athens the next day (going to do a full day there).

I am looking into the Hello Ephesus tours. We're thinking of going with the 3 1/2 hour which includes:

Ancient City of Ephesus

Rates Included: - The tour includes the professional licensed tour guide, all entrance fees, private air-conditioned transportation and VAT.

- Approximate time to reach to Ephesus is 20 minutes.

- As the number of participant increases the certain amount of discount will be applied.

- Please contact us for your group requests.

- Children 0-6 ages are free.

- The price is valid during the year 2010.

The price for our group is:

Min.5 - 8 Pax 40 USD Per Person

The Ephesus & The House of Virgin Mary Tour seems to be the same tour with a stop at the House of the Virgin Mary for 30 minutes (4 hour tour) for $10 more per person.

Question... is the House of the Virgin Mary "worth it"... I know this is in the eye of the beholder, but if its nothing much to see, we'd skip it and get back to the ship earlier.

I don't want to overload my family on full day tours since we'll have Athens the next day (going to do a full day there).

Unless it is a point of faith for you, I would skip the Virgin Mary house.

However, I don't believe the tour you mention includes seeing the Terrace Houses at Ephesus -- which are the "WOW" must-see at an already great site. Since you will already be at Ephesus, do not miss seeing these wonderfully preserved villas that are still under restoration.

Has anyone heard of/dealt with Tat Tours Turkey? We are just checking into what they offer out of Kusadasi. Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis are of interest to us - they offer this private tour. Pick up/drop off right at the Port, it is a 3-1/2 - 4 hr tour.

Archived