P&O drinks

nigkar

Prices are very reasonable and NO 15% gratuities like other lines.

Cocktails of the day good value also. You can also buy Gin Vodka Whisky etc for consumption in your cabin. They also do mixers buy 9 and you 12 I think or something like that.

Prices at the bars are similar to pub prices, a bottle of wine starts at around £13.50 for dinner, but you can buy house wine by the glass, 1/2 litre and litre.

Cocktails of the day are advertised in the daily newpaper delivered the night before in your cabin, and are about £2.50 which is really good. Make sure you say 'cocktail of the day' though as they will try it on and say 'a large one' when you order the cocktail, which is not the cocktail of the day!

Here is a price list from May 08, add 20p or so to prices:

DRINKS PRICE LIST MAY 2008 (Arcadia)

Sailaway Champagne £2.70 a glass

Pimms No1 £2.95

Champagne Cocktail £5.10

Single Gordons Gin £2.10

Sm Tonic Tin ``` £0.75

Sm can Lemonade £0.75

Cocktail of the day £2.50

Non Alc. Cocktail of day £1.70

Glass House White £2.65 175ml

Glass House White £3.65 250 ml

Glass Red Wine £2.80

Glass Chard. Neales £4.60 175ml

Pina Colada £3.95

Stella ½ pint £1.35

Stella pint £2.60

Bottle Grolsch £2.35

Budweiser £2.35

Magners Cider £3.45

Speckled Hen £2.40

Can Boddingtons £2.10

Bottle Pinot Grigio £13.50

Bottle Chardonney £16.50

Cappuccino £1.50 (café Vivo - Arcadia - free danishes/sweets with coffees -just ask)

Filter Coffee £1.00

Having cruised with P&O and Celebrity I can affirm that drinks prices are much more reasonable on P&O than on Celebrity. Sue has given some sample prices; on Celebrity you could almost double some of them (once you've added the compulsory 15% gratuity).

In addition I'll add that P&O follow UK practice and serve standard, and defined, measures - e.g. wine in 175ml and 250ml glasses. On Celebrity it's just 'a glass', and the amount you get depends what the waiter thinks 'a glass' is.

Here is a link to a P&O drinks menu

Drinks Menu

Only been on RCI so far (Azura in May coming up) but the bar prices were extremely high so P&Os prices look positively cheap in comparison. Also, we are looking forward to taking a bottle or two of sherry on board as its my Mum's pre-dinner tipple of choice...

We found ourselves paying $40+ per bottle for not-very-special wine on Solstice; and then that price was +15% for the gratuity. So several of our bottles of wine cost $50 or just over; at last autumn's exchange rate of about $1.60=£1, that came to more than £30 a bottle. I'd expect something pretty good for that much in a restaurant in the UK, but what we were generally getting on Solstice was a typical Californian Cabernet Sauvignon. Yet you feel pushed towards ordering a bottle because of the issue over the uncertain amount if you buy by the glass.

Celebrity often have good prices on their ships, but we've certainly found that our on-board expenditure bill ends up considerably higher than on P&O.

Archived