Another Upgrade Question

briandama

I need some opinions here and everyone on here seems to be the most opinionated people around;):D.....1st time Princess cruisers wanting to know if its worth the $130pp cost to upgrade from a catagory BB on the Caribe deck to a gaurenteed mini-suite?...unsure of the mini-suite upgrade catagory but just looking for some input here....Thanks a whole lot in advance....

We also prefer the mini.

Keep in mind that although the BB will have a larger balcony 9X9, compared to the 9X7 in the mini suites, the balcony cabin will be more or less just a bedroom with small bathroom with shower only. Where as a mini, as described by Largin, is much larger and has more interior space with an actual sitting area, and a much larger bathroom area.

It's not worth it to me--but, then again, it's usually not worth it to me to upgrade from an obstructed view to a balcony. $130 pp will buy a lot of wine, or a couple's massage, or a better shore excursion.

Not worth it for me -- $130 (or $260 really, I guess) would buy a lot of martinis! Unless it's a long cruise, I wouldn't feel the need for extra interior space. Nor do I see the size of the shower as that big a deal (as in worth over two hundred dollars): as long as there's hot water, I'm good. Unless you're a huuuuuuuuge person, the regular showers aren't all that tiny.

I would say it just depends on your budget. Of course the mini is much nicer, but a balcony is not bad either. Just depends how you like your luxury and to spend your money. Either way....you'll love your cruise.:)

Also consider your balcony. You are likely to get a cabin on Dolphin deck which are totally open. The itinerary makes a difference. If I were floating around the Carib, then yep. I had a similar situation happen to us on our upcoming TA (transatlantic). Decided to keep our aft balcony because the weather might not be as good and wanted some shelter if needed. BUT.....the price is very reasonable.....it's a hard call..

Hey, let us know what you decide..('cause we're all nosy)!!!! Enjoy whatever you decide!!!!!:D:D:D

We had a balcony on the Caribe deck last summer and the balcony can't be beat! It is huge by balcony standasrds. We aren't huge people so we weren't bothered by the shower and if we are in our cabin, we are on the balcony, not in the room watching tv. i wouldn't say it's worth it, but it depends on what you like to do on your vacation.

Archived