25th anniversary suggestions

My DW and I are doing 14 days for our 25th anniversary and doing a back2back. Our only concern has been the older demographic on longer cruises. We are 44 and 46. We have been on RCCL, NCL, Princess and Carnival when we were younger. Total of 8 cruises. We like NCL and RCCL most, with Princess close behind. Don't like Carnival as much because of the "hairy chest" stuff. We will be doing 14 days to enjoy each other. Back 2 back or 14 days straight will be good. Read a post on here recently that someone doesn't do 8 + days on any line because of the different demographic. Any recomendations for a nice romantic 2 week cruise? I will post on a few other boards to compare. Thanks in advance.

We did a 10 nighter...there were older folks, but not enough to make us feel like we were in an "old folks home"... (and you do know that RCI has a "sexy legs" contest..for the men!!!)...

A cruise is what YOU make of it....do as much or as little as you like. Participate, or not...

Since you're doing a B2B and NOT a 14 nighter, there will be a younger clientele...don't worry! You'll have plenty of folks in your age group! (And don't discount those who are a bit older than you....they have LOTS of practice at partying....and they do it well!)

My DW and I are doing 14 days for our 25th anniversary and doing a back2back. Our only concern has been the older demographic on longer cruises. We are 44 and 46. We have been on RCCL, NCL, Princess and Carnival when we were younger. Total of 8 cruises. We like NCL and RCCL most, with Princess close behind. Don't like Carnival as much because of the "hairy chest" stuff. We will be doing 14 days to enjoy each other. Back 2 back or 14 days straight will be good. Read a post on here recently that someone doesn't do 8 + days on any line because of the different demographic. Any recomendations for a nice romantic 2 week cruise? I will post on a few other boards to compare. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on 25 years! DH and I celebrated 25 years 3 weeks ago, but the big celebration will be on the AOS in 6 days! We are taking our kids with us this time so we won't get as much "us" time as our 20th.

For our 20th, we celebrated in the specialty restaurant on the Celebrity Constellation. We got all dressed up and splurged! I've never spent $70 on a GLASS of champagne before! We went dancing after wards. If was very nice spending time together just the 2 of us.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary 4 years ago while on a RCI cruise. Our travel agent notified the ship and the night of our anniversary we were presented a cake and the waiters all came to the table to sing to us. The next night others who were at our table brought cards.

The cabin steward made two towel swans looking at each other. Our TA sent us wine for the sail away and she also arranged for us to have special champagne breakfast delivered to the cabin.

It turned out to be a wonderful cruise with so many different people helping make it special.

The champagne breakfast was just terrific-try it if they still have it available.

Happy anniversary!!!!!!!!

We are doing our 25th in October with a 12 day Med cruise. We are 47 and 50. My husbands sister and her husband are also going to celebrate their 25th and they are 46 and 51. I'm not concerned about the ages of my fellow travelers. I have friends that are 30 and friends that are 60. I can get along with anyone.:)

Our hubbies wanted to go to Alaska but we talked them into the Mediterannean - much more romantic. Hope you have a wonderful trip with whatever you choose.

We are doing our 25th in October with a 12 day Med cruise. We are 47 and 50. My husbands sister and her husband are also going to celebrate their 25th and they are 46 and 51. I'm not concerned about the ages of my fellow travelers. I have friends that are 30 and friends that are 60. I can get along with anyone.:)

Our hubbies wanted to go to Alaska but we talked them into the Mediterannean - much more romantic. Hope you have a wonderful trip with whatever you choose.

We just did the Med on the Brilliance in Oct for our 25th, it was WONDERFUL!!!

You won't have to worry about the older demographic on the B2B because it is not actually 14 day cruise. It is 2 separate 7 day cruises. While YOU will be on the ship for 14 days, most of the passengers will be on there for only 7 days.

It's like vacation cruise "camp" and all of your new friends will be gone after the first week:(:p...and you will have to make new ones for the second week.:D <jk> We are looking at the same sort of schedule on a B2B on Serenade. :)

Sounds awful that we are worried about the demographic...but honestly, we were ready to come home after 6 days on a certain ship because of the boredom. The pools during the day were QUIET.. except when the band was there. The Mariner was great and so was the Monarch and Majesty, but we are talking 14 days. Just got off the phone with the Crown and Anchor rep and she suggested a back to back on the Serenade after the Adventure changes iten, or the Freedom for a back2back out of Canaveral. Good thing about Canaveral is the low airfare. Any thoughts?

You will have a complete range of ages on Freedom and most of the faces will change after 7 days. Freedom is an amazing ship and Port Canaveral is my favorite to cruise from. So easy to get in and out of there. Congrats on the 25 years and enjoy whichever cruise you pick. Jim

Archived