Have you had nice weather in the Western Carribean in mid December?

We are thinking of taking a cruise to The Western Carribean . We have gone there twice before and have not had good weather. Last day at sea was impossible to sit outside as it was too windy. Has anybody had good weather or is it just that time of the year?

Did a 7 day Eastern cruise with CC in the second week of December 08'. We went to San Juan, La Romana, USVI, and Nassau. It rain a little in San Juan (not the whole time either) and that is where we ziplined and for us that just heightened our senses. The other ports was nice hot and dry. Rained once day at sea. We are planning our first RCCL cruise this December as well. I am very much taking a liking to cruising in the first couple of weeks of December. Not a lot of kids, cheap air and cruise fare and hotel price is also lower. I don't think I will ever cruise any other time of the year now. lol

I dont even think mother nature can guarantee weather, lol. The last day of a December cruise (in our 3 past Dec cruises) were not 'sitting out' weather. Twice we left from Bayonne, once from Florida. It is our favorite time to cruise! If it rains inport it doesnt last long or interfere with enjoyment.

I'm glad you asked. (As in, I'll enjoy reading the responses) Watching the news, us northerners have seen the unusual late winter you Floridians had this year. We normally cruise in May, but have booked an early Dec, out and back to Labadee cruise and will be gambling on at least one nice day at Labadee,.

My husband and I did a Western Caribbean cruise in mid-December a few years ago. Ports were Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya.

Weather was beautiful - sunny, hot (but not too hot). We had those little 5 minutes showers in Grand Cayman but they were more of a nice refreshing cooldown

I've done mid-January once and the weather was awesome. Ports were Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Galveston was chilly when we left. I called a friend in Houston from the balcony as we were approaching Key West. The weather was sunny and 78 deg in Key West. It was sleeting and 26 in Houston that day. :D Grand Cayman was also gorgeous - sunny & low 80s. For Cozumel we took the Tulum ruins tour. That was a little too hot. It was humid and low 90s that day.

We did a Western on NCL this past December (12/13). Had intermittent rain on 2 of the port days and one day was perfect. 1 sea day was beautiful, but towards the end it got bad. Last sea day was awful and our last port (private island) was cancelled due to high winds.

It's really a crap shoot any time of the year. I'm hoping my upcoming one in 11 days is better!

The weather in December is usually great. Temps are not as hot as they can be in the summer and fall and there is no risk of tropical storms. The one exception was sailing out of Galveston. Fog delayed our departure until day three of the cruise and that whole first day leaving Galveston was too chilly to enjoy the pool or outside decks. But, once we arrived in the ports, the weather was quite pleasant.

Enjoy your cruise!

Everyday was good for us, we went on Dec. 20 - 26 and had good weather. We did leave out of Houston and the first sea day was cool and the last sea day coming home was cool, but that's to be expected :)

Archived