Taking a cake onboard?

I've searched on this topic but didn't find anything. We are having a speciality cake made for our arrival in New York (from Carlos Bakery -- "The Cake Boss"). If we have extra cake, not that we will have a shortage of cake on board, but if we have extra cake, are we allowed to pack it and bring it onboard? I know you can't bring food on at ports of call (or take food off). But . . . . .

I know, weird question, but when you spend so much for a cake, it would be nice to enjoy it more than one time :-)

Thanks in advance.

Yes,we had brought a cake on board to celebrate a birthday at lunch on embarkation day. The waitress took it to the kitchen and when were ready came out with candles and the every popular Happy Birsary" song sang by fellow servers.:)

OK.. think of the movie "A Christmas Story" when they are at the chinese restaurant and everyone is singing Tis the season to be holly, FA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA.. instead of Tis the season to be jolly, Fa LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.........get it :rolleyes:

OK, must ask...what does this mean? Happy Birzday? I don't get it. What a great idea to celebrate w/a cake boss cake. I hope you ordered it in advance...i'm assuming you did of course. enjoy!

Because the crew is foreign born, they sing with an accent that we've all become accustomed to.

The poor waiters can't keep track of all the birthdays and anniversaries so they just combine birthday with anniversary - hence, birsary. Makes it a lot easier if you only have to sing one song. :)

Ed-zachary!:D

Even better with the accents and I mean that in loving way!:)

I hope you ordered it in advance...i'm assuming you did of course. enjoy!

I most certainly did and am prepared to stand in an hour long wait line to pick it up. My girls going on the cruise with me don't know about the cake. They know we are going to Carlos Bakery and really are excited about seeing the place. So when we finally get inside I'll be able to pick up the cake I preordered for them, it will be so exciting for them.

My sister in law is chinese. she cannot say L's , th, ch, etc, especially if they are in the middle or end of a word... I think that is where the Birzday-they just can't say birTHday and she speaks fluent English and is very very smart.;) You should of heard my SIL try to pronounce vanilla-we all laughed, including her.

My sister in law is chinese. she cannot say L's , th, ch, etc, especially if they are in the middle or end of a word... I think that is where the Birzday-they just can't say birTHday and she speaks fluent English and is very very smart.;) You should of heard my SIL try to pronounce vanilla-we all laughed, including her.

My boyfriend is Japanese and has the same problem. It became "basuday." He also can't say V's, so "vanilla" becomes "banira." I think it's hilariously cute.

My daughter has lived in Hoboken for several years. We started going to Carlos when it was just another bakery, before "The Cake Boss." Prices have jumped dramatically, but you can get a really good, family sized caked for $35-40 (not made to order - from the bakery shelves). The line on week-ends can be unbelievably long, even around the block, so get there early. We won't stand on a long line (people actually show up with cameras!), so we go very early or pre-order and have been able to pick up w/o standing on the outside line. Once you are inside though, the line can still take quite a while. Again, early is your best bet. By the way, the cakes not only look good, they taste good, too. And oh, the Italian pastries. They've got a great cannoli filling.

Archived