Anyone ever bring box wine on RCI?

I have always brought a few bottles of wine on our Princess cruises,not for the DR(we buy theirs) but just for a few drinks on the balcony. I realize RCI charges a corkage fee even if you consume the wine in your own cabin:rolleyes:. I was wondering if they charge a fee if you bring box wine on board,does anyone know?

I have always brought a few bottles of wine on our Princess cruises,not for the DR(we buy theirs) but just for a few drinks on the balcony. I realize RCI charges a corkage fee even if you consume the wine in your own cabin:rolleyes:. I was wondering if they charge a fee if you bring box wine on board,does anyone know?

There is no corking fee since they do not permit you to bring on any wine, even for your own cabin.

Having said that, there are small juice box size wine "boxes" that fit neatly into shoes and jacket pockets - just saying . . . .

There is no corking fee since they do not permit you to bring on any wine, even for your own cabin.

Having said that, there are small juice box size wine "boxes" that fit neatly into shoes and jacket pockets - just saying . . . .

Royal Caribbean does not allow you to bring any type of alcohol on board any of their ships.

Thanks for your replies, I'm sorry I bothered you:o.. I could have sworn I read on one of these boards that you could but..guess not:o

Thanks for your replies, I'm sorry I bothered you:o.. I could have sworn I read on one of these boards that you could but..guess not:o

You didn't bother anyone. Don't worry. You've probably read of "rum runners" that people use to bring stuff on board with them.

It has happened that people have brought alcohol on board with them. It's just a controversial issue on the RCI boards. Don't sweat it. Have fun!

Take it out of the box and put the bladder in a 2 gallon ziplok bag and wrap it in bubble wrap and place it in your checked luggage. I'm just saying.......!;)

You're joking, right. All that hassle and the danger of it spilling and ruining everything in the suitcase.

Sad indeed the lengths smugglers will go through. If you can't afford to buy a glass of wine on board...........

oh well, what's the point?

Before finding out that there are wonderful box wines out there (Black Box) is excellent. I use to pack a couple of bottles. We don't fly so we didn't have that worry. We would also pack a corkscrew and never had a problem.

Now I pack a box of wine. I would not recommend taking it out of the box...that protects the "bladder" contents of the wine when packing. The Black Box is kinda narrow and fit in our suitcase perfectly. Once on board, I then take it out of the box and just put the plastic bag of wine in the fridge so it fits.

Just did this 3 weeks ago with no problem.....

. . . .

I just want to share my experience with corkage fees. I was gifted a bottle of merlot by a RCL sales Rep. The bottle was waiting for me in the cabin. Apparently it is not the kind that is readily available on ship (which I find strange). Anyway, based on a recommendation from my excellent waiter Judy, I took the bottle to the dining room where he attempted to exchange the Merlot for a white. I was told absolutely not by the station head waiter and asked somewhat curtly if I brought the wine on myself. I said that I didn't bring the wine and that it was a gift. He didn't seem to undertand, but did offer to 'waive' the corkage fee (again, I thought this strange). Since we were clearly experiencing a language barrier, I didn't press the issue but I wanted to ask, "How can there be a corkage fee to waive if no wine is allowed to be brought on-board?" I elected to drink instead of inquire. Needless to say, I enjoyed the merlot but am left wondering, in which circumstances could a corkage fee be applied??

Cheryl :)

You're joking, right. All that hassle and the danger of it spilling and ruining everything in the suitcase.

Sad indeed the lengths smugglers will go through. If you can't afford to buy a glass of wine on board...........

oh well, what's the point?

I would not smuggle anything myself , but it is nice to have a few drinks in your own cabin or balcony, as I have in the past. Some do smuggle to save a few bucks. We sure spend enough for drinks in the bars and lounges, my tab at the end of the cruise reflects that :(. I don't think affordability is in question.

I would not smuggle anything myself , but it is nice to have a few drinks in your own cabin or balcony, as I have in the past. Some do smuggle to save a few bucks. We sure spend enough for drinks in the bars and lounges, my tab at the end of the cruise reflects that :(. I don't think affordability is in question.

You don't owe anyone any explanations. No one knows what you pay for what--that's your business!

With the cost of checking luggage these days and the high charges for over weight luggage..... smuggling the weight of a box of wine does not seem to be cost effective. ;-)

True, but I either buy wine at the store by the port or I drive to the port

Archived