Wine in the Cabin

My DH and I like to have a glass of wine (or 2) in our cabin. Can you order wine for your room (by the bottle)? Plus we ordered the wine package for dinner, do they allow you to bring the rest of the bottle to your room if you dont finish at dinner? Does anyone have a room service menu with it on. Also, do they have stocked bars in the rooms. We will be sailing on the Explorer on 5/27 and have booked a GS.

Thanks for all your help, it has been 4 years since our last cruise so I am sure things changed. When we went we packed a couple of bottles but now it seems almost impossible to do,, lol.

Sharon;)

My DH and I like to have a glass of wine (or 2) in our cabin. Can you order wine for your room (by the bottle)?

Plus we ordered the wine package for dinner, do they allow you to bring the rest of the bottle to your room if you dont finish at dinner? YES - you can take the rest of the bottle anywher on the ship you like.

Does anyone have a room service menu with it on.

Also, do they have stocked bars in the rooms. NO.

We will be sailing on the Explorer on 5/27 and have booked a GS.

Thanks for all your help, it has been 4 years since our last cruise so I am sure things changed. When we went we packed a couple of bottles but now it seems almost impossible to do,, lol.

Sharon;)

hope this helps.

I'm new to RCCL also, but I've read on another thread that you can take the bottle of wine you ordered for dinner with you to your cabin or anywhere else on the ship. And, I'm still planning on attempting to "smuggle" a small box of wine, if they confiscate, so be it. I just like having wine in my cabin too!

My DH and I like to have a glass of wine (or 2) in our cabin. Can you order wine for your room (by the bottle)? Plus we ordered the wine package for dinner, do they allow you to bring the rest of the bottle to your room if you dont finish at dinner? Does anyone have a room service menu with it on. Also, do they have stocked bars in the rooms. We will be sailing on the Explorer on 5/27 and have booked a GS.

Sharon;)

I ordered wine thru the Gifts N Gear and had it all delivered to the room. DH and I sipped on it for 7 days and still brought home 1 bottle. Of course we were also in an OS and had access to the Concierge Lounge so we were able to drink more there for free otherwise we may have finished that last bottle.:)

We have also always been able to order a bottle of wine for our cabin and have it count towards our wine package we always buy. Room service has always just punched our card and it counts as one of our bottles. It has been a couple of years since we cruised on RC, but unless it has changed, the wine package we have bought in the past isn't just for dinner.

We ordered the Wine & Dine package on the Radiance and the Adventure. On the Radiance we asked for a bottle of wine at the Windjammer to take back to the room with no problem. On the Adventure, we tried to get a bottle in one of the bars, but they don't have access to the wine package info, so we went back to the room and had it delivered there via room service. Then we took it to the bar!

This past weekend we took a bottle of my boyfriend's favorite wine since it was his birthday. No problems -- it was in chcked luggage.

We had a wine package on Mariner of the Seas a couple of years ago, and room service said they could not deliver a bottle to our room. We also couldn't get one from the bar. We ended up ordering two bottles at dinner and taking the second one back to our cabin.

Some bartenders are more cooperative than others when it comes to buying wine by the bottle. I don't see why they won't do it - we've found that their by the glass pours are generous enough that there's no $$ advantage to the bottle over by the glass.

I never pre-order wine. I've had them subsitute less expensive wine, with no refund offered, and had to squawk at the Concierge to get what I ordered (ALWAYS bring your receipt if you do order ahead of time).

As for room service & wine packages, some ships work with them and others don't. I've found that you can get the wine in the Windjammer as well - they may have to go get it from the wine cellar, but they often have the bottles in stock.

Thanks all may try sneaking a bottle or 2. I ordered the wine package but they did not ask what wine we wanted is that something you do when you get on the ship? I had a choice of 3 different packages and I found a wine we drink on the middle package. How do they know how much of what kind to bring? Thanks again it has been 4 years since our last cruise and they always change the rules, lol.

Sharon

Thanks all may try sneaking a bottle or 2. I ordered the wine package but they did not ask what wine we wanted is that something you do when you get on the ship? I had a choice of 3 different packages and I found a wine we drink on the middle package. How do they know how much of what kind to bring? Thanks again it has been 4 years since our last cruise and they always change the rules, lol.

Sharon

Yes, you will pick your wine once you board. Just order a bottle at a time. They have inventory management programs that tell them how much of each wine to order. Sometimes they do run out, though.

Has anyone ever brought the little airport bottles of liquir on the ship in the suitcases? I think they sell them at the store so I was thinking bringing some with us.:confused:

No, but in Barcelona port there was a duty free shop after checking in and you could buy there and go straight on board with no further checks, it was great and not really smuggling. Better off using rum runners for liquor in checked cases, they can detect bottles easier.

Some bartenders are more cooperative than others when it comes to buying wine by the bottle. I don't see why they won't do it - we've found that their by the glass pours are generous enough that there's no $$ advantage to the bottle over by the glass.

I never pre-order wine. I've had them subsitute less expensive wine, with no refund offered, and had to squawk at the Concierge to get what I ordered (ALWAYS bring your receipt if you do order ahead of time).

As for room service & wine packages, some ships work with them and others don't. I've found that you can get the wine in the Windjammer as well - they may have to go get it from the wine cellar, but they often have the bottles in stock.

We found this out to be true on our last cruise. It took 3 days before we finally got in touch with the bar manager to change it out. The tried to pass of a wine (La Terre -sp) that I knew was the cheapest on the menu and we had paid around $10 more for our ordered wine.

We have a couple bottles ordered for the cabin again for next week, I definitely have the receipt with me this time.

Edit to add, smuggling a bottle of wine is not easily accomplished, they do x-ray bags.

Archived