All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Thanks for all the feedback. We booked guarantee, but are looking at changing to U165. It looks like it is right in front of the door as you exit from the elevator/stairwell? What do you previous Fantasy cruisers think?

We had U164, which is the same room on the port side. It was a great location! Right out the door and up the stairs/elevator to go anywhere!

Thanks! We were assigned U222 which is all the way to the aft, but not aft facing. The prices have dropped since we booked so I may try to make that change.

My cousin was in U165 last October and no problems at all. I was surprised there was no noise from elevator. We were in U159 and I would not recommend it. It is directly across from a door to a crew area. I am not sure what goes on in that area, perhaps they make the room service meals in there. But it was loud kitchen-like noises from there and the door started opening and slamming at 6am every morning.

My cousin was in U165 last October and no problems at all. I was surprised there was no noise from elevator. We were in U159 and I would not recommend it. It is directly across from a door to a crew area. I am not sure what goes on in that area, perhaps they make the room service meals in there. But it was loud kitchen-like noises from there and the door started opening and slamming at 6am every morning.

Thank you for the reassurance! We did make the change to U165. We have sailed in aft-facing balcony cabins and LOVED those. However, it is a long walk to the aft and not worth the trip for a regular OV (Just my opinion!)

I am considering upgrading from the main to the empress deck, however the two rooms (E26 & E34) that are available are directly underneath the Universe Main Show Lounge, therefore I am a bit concerned about noise that may disturb my young daughter at night. Can anyone offer me feedback on the cabins in this area?

I am considering upgrading from the main to the empress deck, however the two rooms (E26 & E34) that are available are directly underneath the Universe Main Show Lounge, therefore I am a bit concerned about noise that may disturb my young daughter at night. Can anyone offer me feedback on the cabins in this area?

I wouldn't think it would be an issue. The only time it is used most likely you wouldn't be in your room.

I cant remember since we sailed in December (and without reading the entire thread) can anyone tell me if handicap parking is free or same as regular cars

thanks

Free in Charleston, the one it is issued to must be present.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Forums mobile app

For the first time we used the parking garage in Charleston this past May. We had about 20 going on a cruise and another couple who lived close had a HC sticker so were going to park and we tagged along. No one asked who was the HC person, they saw the placard hanging from the mirror and that was it. Great parking area, easy to shuttle and easy back to the car.

Hello, Fantasy experts. Just posted areview of our 7/12 sailing http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=259281

Thanks to all of you post and reply here - it was so helpful - we had a wonderful time on our cruise.

Thanks for your review. I like that the positives and negatives were in,cured and it was very well written!

Thank you. I should have also mentioned thar we loved the spa...very reasonably priced considering it was a ship. DH actually let himself be treated to a shave...he loved it. I guess that is a great thing about cruises. You do things you would never experience in your everyday life.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I should have also mentioned thar we loved the spa...very reasonably priced considering it was a ship. DH actually let himself be treated to a shave...he loved it. I guess that is a great thing about cruises. You do things you would never experience in your everyday life.

Now that sounds like something I just might be able to get my husband to go for! Do you mind if I ask how much that was? Thanks.

I don't mind at all, but I'm afraid I don't remember. I recall there were 3 levels, basic, basic with skin care, and the top level with skin care and massage. I made the appointments for him. He liked the first basic one so much he asked me to arrange a second one for him. I was surprised but happy because he never does anything nice for himself like that. So for the last one I loaded it up with the extras. His report afterwards..."That was great!"

I don't mind at all, but I'm afraid I don't remember. I recall there were 3 levels, basic, basic with skin care, and the top level with skin care and massage. I made the appointments for him. He liked the first basic one so much he asked me to arrange a second one for him. I was surprised but happy because he never does anything nice for himself like that. So for the last one I loaded it up with the extras. His report afterwards..."That was great!"

No worries! Lol. Thanks for the review. I didn't even know that this was something they offered. I think I'll book one for my husband! :)

Hi, just booked pack and go rate late last night and just got my room assigment, M126. Is this a good room/location? This will be our first cruise and I have no idea what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, just booked pack and go rate late last night and just got my room assigment, M126. Is this a good room/location? This will be our first cruise and I have no idea what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, it is mid ship with cabins above and below it. That is a good location to me.

The Fantasy is smaller, so it is easier to navigate. The main thing to remember is that the dining rooms are on Deck 8 so you can't walk all the way through on that deck.

You will find most of the action on Decks 8 (forward), 9, and 10.

Here is a great site for exploring deck plans:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Fantasy

If you have any specific questions, just post them. Have a great cruise!

Edited by Cruise, J.D.