All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

• 4 weeks later...
$49.95 per day per person across the fleet.

A caveat' date=' which I believe is a French hat of some type tipped at a jaunty angle.

All adults in the same stateroom must buy in, so I agree for $50 PP if you are traveling as a single, but a double or triple could make the cost go up significantly especially if #2 @ $100 or #3 @ $150 don't imbibe PD/PP :rolleyes:[/font']

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread!! I'm sailing on Fantasy next year with my BF and have found nothing (or almost nothing) about her on her (or anywhere other than Carnival's website). This is going to be very useful!! :D

Does anyone know if the MDR or room service offers smoothies? My brother is into green smoothies and was wondering if he could get a couple while on our 5 day. Told him I had never heard of it.

I have not heard of this being available on the Fantasy...

The booking engine doesn't show anything for Fantasy out beyond April of 2016. While most other Fantasy-class ships also only show departures through that date, many of the larger ships show cruises well into 2017 (including Sunshine from Charleston).

I wonder if that indicates at least a shuffling of ships and ports for Fantasy and her sisters...

I believe that they are moving the Fantasy out in April 2016 and the Sunshine in her place. I had seen something about it a few weeks ago via Facebook or twitter.

I just booked my boys and I on the May 30 sailing. We just went on her back in October 2014 and had such a great time we are going again. It's the perfect ship for us that is I can drive too (not nearly as far as Florida).

Thanks Bobsfamily. Haven't seen you post in a while. We actually just returned from our cruise yesterday and they did have entertainment in the ATD Celebration dining room. It must have been late the first night but the other nights it was around 7pm. Waiters said it is twice per night. My 9 year old loves it but as it turned out, all the kid camp stuff started at 7 pm, so she would usually finish up her dinner and head out before the entertainment.

By the way, we should hear this week about what is happening in Charleston. Here is my prediction...since I don't think there is any way port of Chas can handle parking for two ships having sailed from there, I am guessing that Fantasy is going into dry dock next May during the 19 days Sunshine is sailing from Chas. (It was scheduled for dry dock this Dec but was cancelled.) Then Fantasy will return to Chas until November when the Sunshine sails for 7 days. During that 7 days, Fantasy will be repositioned to its new port and a different ship will reposition to Chas. I don't have a prediction on what ship, though! I am booked on the November Sunshine sailing. I sure wish they would change that 5 day and 2 day to nowhere to a 7 day. The past 5 days just wasn't long enough!

Thanks Bobsfamily. Haven't seen you post in a while. We actually just returned from our cruise yesterday and they did have entertainment in the ATD Celebration dining room. It must have been late the first night but the other nights it was around 7pm. Waiters said it is twice per night. My 9 year old loves it but as it turned out, all the kid camp stuff started at 7 pm, so she would usually finish up her dinner and head out before the entertainment.

By the way, we should hear this week about what is happening in Charleston. Here is my prediction...since I don't think there is any way port of Chas can handle parking for two ships having sailed from there, I am guessing that Fantasy is going into dry dock next May during the 19 days Sunshine is sailing from Chas. (It was scheduled for dry dock this Dec but was cancelled.) Then Fantasy will return to Chas until November when the Sunshine sails for 7 days. During that 7 days, Fantasy will be repositioned to its new port and a different ship will reposition to Chas. I don't have a prediction on what ship, though! I am booked on the November Sunshine sailing. I sure wish they would change that 5 day and 2 day to nowhere to a 7 day. The past 5 days just wasn't long enough!

Thanks for the update!

I tried ATD once and it really did not suit us so I was not sure.

There have been so many rumors about what is going on but your guess is as good as any. I had thought there was bookings available for the Fantasy thru 2016 but have not checked in the last few days. A "new" ship would be nice, doubt it will be the Sunshine permanently. Maybe something newer than another Fantasy class ship?

Edited by bobsfamily

I kind of doubt there will be anything bigger than fantasy class as long as there is not a permanent terminal. I am not even sure how they are going to handle 50% more passengers with the Sunshine. We actually love Fantasy and have sailed it 5 times, i believe, dating all the way back to 1994. I keep thinking a different ship might be nice but am trying not to think it too hard, as it may be a case of "be careful what you ask for." For example, I dont think Jax got the better end of the deal when they lost Fascination in 2016. I just wonder how much longer Carnival will put up with the pain that is Charleston. Right now, Fantasy sailings are only scheduled through April 2015.

I kind of doubt there will be anything bigger than fantasy class as long as there is not a permanent terminal. I am not even sure how they are going to handle 50% more passengers with the Sunshine. We actually love Fantasy and have sailed it 5 times, i believe, dating all the way back to 1994. I keep thinking a different ship might be nice but am trying not to think it too hard, as it may be a case of "be careful what you ask for." For example, I dont think Jax got the better end of the deal when they lost Fascination in 2016. I just wonder how much longer Carnival will put up with the pain that is Charleston. Right now, Fantasy sailings are only scheduled through April 2015.

Oh, I agree... I enjoy the Fantasy and have been on her 5 (or is it 6?) times also. Just wondering aloud. I sure hope that some ship comes to Charleston as a regular starting in May of 2016... it would be a shame to lose that weekly (sort of) ship in port. I wonder if the Ports Authority is in talks with other lines?