Serenade of the Seas Cabins 8088/8102

Booked 8102 on the Radiance for ALaska and loved it so much we booked way early for our upcoming caribbean cruise so we made sure to get it again, this time on the Serenade. No elevator noise at all.....the elevator is more in line with the balcony then the cabin. Because you are the first cabin in the hallway, we did get a little noise from the lobby, and from people (1 night only) coming back late laughing. By no means did it really bother us. The other thing I was concerned about was that I would feel like I was in a cave. I had seen pictures and they just don't do it justice. We LOVE the extra room and if the weather was cool and windy (as in Alaska) we could still be out there enjoying the outdoors. Hopefully we will like it as well when the weather is warm. I am going to see if I can come up with a picture for you.

• 1 month later...
From the picture of cabin 8102 -it looks like it is all covered -is there any open space to sit in the sun?

Both 8088 and 8102 are completely covered. Very little sun on the balcony

thanks for that information-on deck 8 are all the cabins covered any suggestions on cabins I don't mind some cover but I would like to sit in the sun alittle-any information would be helful planning a cruise

Which sailing do you have these on hold for? I hope it's not the 5th or 12th :eek: ?

I hope it's not the 19th as 8102 is my cabin. :eek:

Back to your original question Sue, I stayed in 8102 on the Radiance and originally was concerned about noise. As others have stated, no noise from the elevator.

I have another question-----my husband are non smokers- what is the smoking policy for smoking in the cabins and balconies, we just got off a celebrity cruise and it was restricted in cabins, which was nice for a non smoker but smokers did have certain places to smoke

8102 and 8088 do get some sun but you have to be all the way out at the railing. Since there are usually two lounge chairs, two reg. chairs and a table, there is plenty of room to move a lounger into the sun.

How about the aft cabins? They also have the huge balconies and are full sun. It's a longer walk but people love them.

I have another question-----my husband are non smokers- what is the smoking policy for smoking in the cabins and balconies, we just got off a celebrity cruise and it was restricted in cabins, which was nice for a non smoker but smokers did have certain places to smoke

Smoking is permitted on the balcony but not in the cabin.

From the picture of cabin 8102 -it looks like it is all covered -is there any open space to sit in the sun?

To add to what others have said...you also will get sun either at the start of the day or as the sun goes down, depending on which way you are facing....but not too good for sunbathing. However, when we were in Alaska, it was enough to sit out there and get the warmth of the sun every afternoon. We loved that. I also like it because I like to be able to sit out there at those time of days and be able to get "out" of the direct sun when it is so hot. I guess it is all what your pleasure is. ;) Enjoy.

Edited by choozin' cruzin'

Shhhhhh.....don't be telling everyone about these cabins!! :eek: They should remain a secret so that they are always available for those of us who love them so much. We have had these cabins on numerous cruises and have 8102 booked for the Jewel repo this fall. They are the BOMB! That said however, I have had a cruise ruined by neighbors smoking constantly on their balcony, so this is always a risk. Good luck!

I hope it's not the 19th as 8102 is my cabin. :eek:

Back to your original question Sue, I stayed in 8102 on the Radiance and originally was concerned about noise. As others have stated, no noise from the elevator.

LOL was I surprised to see this resurrected! :) Looks like we have the month covered! We will be there on the 26th sailing! Glad to hear you do get a little sun on the balcony. From the pic it looks like the balcony is long. Does it make the cabin darker????

Sue

• 3 years later...
Shhhhhh.....don't be telling everyone about these cabins!! :eek: They should remain a secret so that they are always available for those of us who love them so much. We have had these cabins on numerous cruises and have 8102 booked for the Jewel repo this fall. They are the BOMB! That said however, I have had a cruise ruined by neighbors smoking constantly on their balcony, so this is always a risk. Good luck!

My turn to dredge up an old thread:D We just booked 8088 on Serenade for next winter - sounds like a great cabin!!:)

I think you will enjoy it. Best of both worlds.

We always like being near the elevators etc mid-ship. The large balcony sounds great, should be nice having that benefit in that location and not being a long ways off in an aft:)

My turn to dredge up an old thread:D We just booked 8088 on Serenade for next winter - sounds like a great cabin!!:)

Recently spent two weeks (B2B) in that cabin. Very large balcony with two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a table. The balcony is like a cavern and your voice echoes loudly.

As for noise, with the Centrum stuff going on you can definately hear it in the cabin. Most evenings the the big hallway door was closed to block some of the sound. No elevator noise.

Not a huge deal and would book the cabin again. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...

I'm glad you liked it! We just booked it on Brilliance of the Seas.

Had 8088 on Serenade last March and loved it. Huge balcony and no noise from the elevator, but oh so convenient to them. Grab it!

• 1 year later...