Where to eat at Port of Miami?

My DH and I are leaving for Miami in 8 days to go on our five year anniversary cruise on Majesty of the Seas. We are flying in the day before and staying at the Port of Miama Holiday Inn. We are not going to rent a car. Does anyone have any recommendations for nearby restaurants for the evening meal? We traditionally go to Emeril's in South Beach, but we want to try something different by the hotel this time......:rolleyes:

Bayside is a fine way to spend the evening....after you eat, you can stroll thru the shopping area....just to kill a bit of time before heading to bed. Or, walk over to the Intercontinental...they have a lovely bar area. (It's a Holiday Inn property, too!)

I know this isn't near bayside but the last time we were in Miami a friend recommended a restaurant called, "Dolores but you can call me Lolita"

Honest, that's what it is called.

We had a really good meal and a few drinks, it was a lot of fun.

Just thought I'd throw it out there as an option.

http://www.doloreslolita.com/

Have fun!

I know this isn't near bayside but the last time we were in Miami a friend recommended a restaurant called, "Dolores but you can call me Lolita"

Honest, that's what it is called.

We had a really good meal and a few drinks, it was a lot of fun.

Just thought I'd throw it out there as an option.

http://www.doloreslolita.com/

Have fun!

Just checked out their menu. Looks delicious! Next time I'm in Miami, I'll have to check that out.

My organization has a field office a few blocks from where you're staying. I agree that the chain restaurants at Bayside are, well, chain restaurants. But there are a couple of independent that our guys like a lot.

There's a Brazilian steakhouse called The Knife that's good. It's a fixed price place, around $25 for dinner if memory serves. By the way, that includes a bottle of wine per person,

There's also a Nicaraguan steakhouse in the mall, called Los Ranchos. There are a few in the Miami area, and it's locally owned. The marinated meats are a specialty, and they also have some excellent desserts (but those do come with a bunch of calories at no extra charge!)

Alan

Archived