DO NOT bring an iron!!!!

New Hampshire

[quote name='80sramfan']Why would anyone pack one to begin with??? Some people just aren't good guests. End of story[/QUOTE]

I agree. The nerve of some people not to read every piece of paper the cruise line provides. Thank god there are people on these boards to point out their audacity and stupidity. Afterall, that is the purpose of the forums, isn't it.

The OP's friend probably had gallons of hootch in rumrunners also. Hopefully they discovered that there was no tux in the suitcase also and threw them off the ship.

At least they gave us the opportunity to prove how superior we are since that is also the purpose of the boards....right????

[quote name='Ron AKA']I found this thread when I did a search on whether or not Celebrity provides irons in the staterooms. We do AI in Mexico and an iron is considered a must. This is a first cruise for us, and today the better half asked me if there would be irons and ironing boards in our balcony stateroom.

I was grasping for straws, as this was a last minute booking kind of thing. So I responded that I will have to check into that. And added based on an earlier similar question, that I did find out that all staterooms have safes. And, the only part I was not sure of was whether or not they were big enough for me. Yeah, that got me a lot of mileage...

In any case I've not seen a decisive answer in the thread, except for the thought that I'm an idiot for thinking there might be an iron on a cruise ship.

All considered this may be our first and last cruise...[/QUOTE]

In addition to Phil's links here is a link to the guest conduct policy which has the ban on irons included. I can certainly understand your not knowing about the ban, there are probably other things you won't know about until on board but that is the case with any land vacation or just a stay at a hotel....I hope you enjoy your cruise, don't be down on it.

[url]http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=00007VU8bqDSW5SqRrgxdwHsJOp:12hdebdrn?pagename=guest_conduct_policy[/url]

[quote name='lawgeek']I agree. The nerve of some people not to read every piece of paper the cruise line provides. Thank god there are people on these boards to point out their audacity and stupidity. Afterall, that is the purpose of the forums, isn't it.

The OP's friend probably had gallons of hootch in rumrunners also. Hopefully they discovered that there was no tux in the suitcase also and threw them off the ship.

At least they gave us the opportunity to prove how superior we are since that is also the purpose of the boards....right????[/quote]

Back in the old days before our nanny state had grown into what it is today. There used to be two now strange and foreign concepts called critical thining and common sense. Perhaps people should give that a try again.

I pack all my good tops between white tissue paper and have never had a wrinkle. I also took 3 "crinkle" skirts, white, black and a gorgeous lime green one which are very fashionable at the moment. Just twist and pack; all worked out beautifully. I also brought a small bottle of "wrinkle releaser" but didn't need it. [quote name='Kathie44']I can't imagine giving up cruising for lack of an iron. :eek: I'm glad X doesn't permit them--much safer for us on board.[/quote]

[quote name='Ron AKA']I found this thread when I did a search on whether or not Celebrity provides irons in the staterooms. We do AI in Mexico and an iron is considered a must. This is a first cruise for us, and today the better half asked me if there would be irons and ironing boards in our balcony stateroom.

I was grasping for straws, as this was a last minute booking kind of thing. So I responded that I will have to check into that. And added based on an earlier similar question, that I did find out that all staterooms have safes. And, the only part I was not sure of was whether or not they were big enough for me. Yeah, that got me a lot of mileage...

In any case I've not seen a decisive answer in the thread, except for the thought that I'm an idiot for thinking there might be an iron on a cruise ship.

All considered this may be our first and last cruise...[/quote]

Sorry, but the actual answer was posted on page #1. And it's also on Celebrity's website. No you can't bring an iron. Sorry I don't know what AI stands for so I can't help you out there with any other suggestions.

The rest of the posts were mainly made up of people accusing the OP of trying to get away with something. They seem to be perfect and have never missed seeing something in the rules and regulations before.

So read the rules and regs carefully because if you make a mistake, try to come back to this board and actually try to warn others from making the same mistake, you will be accused of many crimes including being stupid.

I do believe you can send things out to be ironed for a fee.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

[quote name='dcronin']Can you bring a small steamer onboard?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EasyTraveler']Are travel steamers allowed on board? We will be sailing in June on the Celebrity Constellation.
Thanks,
EasyTraveler[/QUOTE]

Travel steamers or small steamers are also NOT allowed.
From Celebrity's website FAQ's - Ship and Stateroom Details:

[QUOTE]Are steamers allowed onboard?
Subject: Ship and Stateroom Details

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.[/QUOTE]

Every time I've made a travel blunder, it's been because I forgot or didn't know. I don't think many people expect to get away with bringing an iron onboard. It's kind of hard to smuggle that sort of thing in. And I think people who have a sense of entitlement would be also feel entitled to have their clothing ironed for them rather than stooping to muggling.

Archived