DO NOT bring an iron!!!!

New Hampshire

I know people like that too. When I went on a cruise to Asia in March 09, there were people who brought just t's and shorts thinking it would be warm.. They did no research whatsoever and were horrified to find it was freezing in China.

As one of the posters above wrote - people are still turning up at airports with liquids etc

All blissfully ignorant!:rolleyes: (or should I just say stupid?:rolleyes:)

Having said that, I do wish Celebrity would plan in passenger laundry rooms, but I can understand why they don't, it's all about making money for some cruise lines.

It's all about making money for ALL cruise lines, that is why it is called a business not a charity.

I've actually heard people say that they were going to bring irons on board regardless of the what the cruiseline says. They must feel that the rules don't apply to them.

Ah, yes, the 'sense of entitlement' crowd. :p

I packed my tuxe in my roller board bag, hung it up when I got to my cabin, and it was wrinkle free by the time I needed it. Maybe we just packed well, but we didn't need to have anything ironed.

We took a hand held steamer, but didn't need it.

It's all about making money for ALL cruise lines, that is why it is called a business not a charity.

Perhaps with the irons it's all about not starting a fire. Ironing on a bed and accidentally leaving the iron on is different from ironing on a board and accidentally leaving the iron on.

I wish they had a designated ironing room. Sometimes at 5:30 I realise what I want to wear to dinner could stand a pressing. Guess I'll try the wrinkle free spray.

Smuggle booze, not irons!!!:D

We were on a cruise on the Yangtzee River and I brought a travel iron (no, it did not say that irons were prohibited). I was touching up a dress for a formal night and I knocked the iron off the edge of the bed as I was turnig the dress and it landed hot side down on the carpet. With all the synthetic fibers, it scorched the rug in a couple seconds. It could have been worse - like starting a fire. It left a burn on the carpet and I felt really awful about it. I never bring an iron now!!! You can see why. Accidents are those things that you don't plan to happen!

I bring an empty spray bottle with a dryer sheet rolled inside the bottle, then fill it with water onboard- just spray on clothes and smooth with hand. It works perfectly - who needs an iron!! Plus clothes smell good after.:)

It amazes me that anyone still irons regularly these days. :eek: I used to touch up my late DH's dress shirts until he retired permanently. Since then, only time I touch the iron is if I leave something in the dryer too long and need it right away. Otherwise I wet it down and put it back in the dryer for a few minutes. I can't even remember the last time I ironed anything.

On cruises I bring a wrinkle reducer spray, which works great. Life and cruises are too short to waste time ironing, lol. :)

Are you kidding - I even iron my pillowcases. :D They feel wonderful when ironed. But I would never worry about something on a cruise - just send it out to be pressed.

Are you kidding - I even iron my pillowcases. :D They feel wonderful when ironed. But I would never worry about something on a cruise - just send it out to be pressed.

I can't get my wife to iron my underwear much less my pillowcases. :eek:

[quote name='Romco']I bring an empty spray bottle with a dryer sheet rolled inside the bottle, then fill it with water onboard- just spray on clothes and smooth with hand. It works perfectly - who needs an iron!! Plus clothes smell good after.:)[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding Ding!!! Brilliant answer (since I do the same thing!) [I][B]Never[/B][/I] leave home without a "spritz" bottle... unpack on the first day, spritz everything (lightly), hang in closet and be done.

Spritz bottle (lightweight, plastic) then goes in my beach bag for "H2O body spritzing whilst on a hot beach". :)

I found this thread when I did a search on whether or not Celebrity provides irons in the staterooms. We do AI in Mexico and an iron is considered a must. This is a first cruise for us, and today the better half asked me if there would be irons and ironing boards in our balcony stateroom.

I was grasping for straws, as this was a last minute booking kind of thing. So I responded that I will have to check into that. And added based on an earlier similar question, that I did find out that all staterooms have safes. And, the only part I was not sure of was whether or not they were big enough for me. Yeah, that got me a lot of mileage...

In any case I've not seen a decisive answer in the thread, except for the thought that I'm an idiot for thinking there might be an iron on a cruise ship.

All considered this may be our first and last cruise...

The definitive answer from the Celebrity website:

[url]http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000RZr9ck3gr0u01TIGF-u-1As:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&pagename=faq_answers[/url]

This is the link to prices for onboard laundry service and the prices are very reasonable. I've always been pleased with the results:

[url]http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000ctdnqn_5n0EyoEibcWe3AQ4:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers[/url]

Difficult to compare it to an all inclusive resort as the rooms are (usually) more cramped on a cruise ship and subject to movement that might topple an iron;)

Phil

Don't think about giving up on cruising! Many ships have self-service laundries that include iron and boards. I know that Holland Ameroca has them. You will be able to survive without an iron - just have a great time.

[quote name='Ron AKA']I found this thread when I did a search on whether or not Celebrity provides irons in the staterooms. We do AI in Mexico and an iron is considered a must. This is a first cruise for us, and today the better half asked me if there would be irons and ironing boards in our balcony stateroom.

I was grasping for straws, as this was a last minute booking kind of thing. So I responded that I will have to check into that. And added based on an earlier similar question, that I did find out that all staterooms have safes. And, the only part I was not sure of was whether or not they were big enough for me. Yeah, that got me a lot of mileage...

In any case I've not seen a decisive answer in the thread, except for the thought that I'm an idiot for thinking there might be an iron on a cruise ship.

All considered this may be our first and last cruise...[/quote]

I've done at least 25 weeks in Mexican AI's and I have never needed an iron for any reason. With the humidity down there everything unwrinkles once you hang it. Second, they have laundry and press services on board so that will take care of that.

Archived