Silhoutte is larger than the current S-class. Anyone else notice?

marinearchit

That's what I originally thought. Unless they are widening the cabins slightly.

Assuming the pax capacity is double occupancy, this means they are adding 18 cabins. So, nine on each side, roughly between 10 and 12 feet wide. Seems like this info could be correct.

I just realized that in my last post I assumed they were all on the same deck.:D Not sure why I did that.

Anyway, if there are only two additional cabins on each deck, the length may be a slight typo. Unless, however, they are widening the existing cabins as well.

I just realized that in my last post I assumed they were all on the same deck.:D Not sure why I did that.

Anyway, if there are only two additional cabins on each deck, the length may be a slight typo. Unless, however, they are widening the existing cabins as well.

Ah - this is correct, Grasshopper. I was about to post to correct what you said before and explain that the extra length would be extra for all decks.

Or instead of widening the cabins, they could be widening the elevator areas and the Midship Centrum areas - where the cardroom, library, lounge etc. are)

But really, the Continental Deck (where the bow is) could be the only one that is longer. Then what you originally said (18 cabins or 9 on each side) could be right.

Hope This Helps.

Hello! Noticed you were on the thread for a Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Equinox for 28 Feb 2011. I tracked you down here because there has been no recent activity on that thread. Are you still planning on doing that cruise? If so, there is another active thread for that cruise and you are welcome to come join us there.

Georgia

Comparing the deck plans of Silhouette with Equinox, there are at least 14 additional cabins on the newest ship; two near the stern on each deck that has balcony cabins.

....This was because I had a problem with booking my cabin of choice (2152) the day Captain's Club bookings opened for Silhouette. The Celebrity agent kept telling me that the cabin was an S2, when on the other S-class ships it is a C1. When the deck plans finally came online, it was quite noticeable that 2 additional cabins had been added in the aft section of the ship behind the rear hump, causing the cabins to be renumbered.

And these were my thoughts two days ago on perhaps why they are changing Silhouette.....

Host Andy, it shall be interesting to see what effect, if any, the lengthening of Silhouette will have other than to add more cabins. I was hoping that somehow they were working on a solution to fix the problem the S-class ships have had from the beginning with the aft cabins below the Resort Deck not having any coverage. This would go a long way IMO, in making the S-class more attractive in the Caribbean (and other warm weather locations). If this is what they are trying to accomplish, it would make sense to send Solstice back to Europe and Silhouette to the Caribbean. Silhouette's new configuration might possibly become the blueprint for the rest of the new builds. Just my speculation of course.. :)

That seems like a logical prediction.

No doubt the lengthening is a result of issues with the first S-class ships being remedied and a way to comfortably squeeze in a little more revenue.

I think the most exciting thing about this is the evidence that Silhouette is indeed a little different, and hopefully will have some uniquely redesigned interiors as well.

Also, the new length will, IMO, perfect the profile of the ship. I love the look of these ships, but from certain angles they are a bit squat. A hundred or so feet will really help.

That seems like a logical prediction.

No doubt the lengthening is a result of issues with the first S-class ships being remedied and a way to comfortably squeeze in a little more revenue.

I think the most exciting thing about this is the evidence that Silhouette is indeed a little different, and hopefully will have some uniquely redesigned interiors as well.

Also, the new length will, IMO, perfect the profile of the ship. I love the look of these ships, but from certain angles they are a bit squat. A hundred or so feet will really help.

Yes, the extra revenue issue did come to mind also. ;)

I have been extremely pleased with some of the new interior designs of Eclipse and have high hopes that Slhouette will be just as beautiful.

Archived