Champaign

Hoon

Can a bottle of Champaign be safely carried in checked airline baggage? Will it explode?

A bottle of Champagne will not explode. The bottle is thicker than the bottle of a regular wine bottle. Having said that, the way luggage is handled behind the scenes, could cause the bottle to crack.

If you are carrying liquor in checked baggage, please take garbage bags and wrap around the bottles. Also you can buy bottle wraps that are like little "wet suit" (like material in dive suits) to help pad them.

If there is breakage, not only your stuff but some other passengers stuff could get soaked.:mad:

PS If you have the black vodka "Blavod" in your liquor stores they have had bottle and the cost includes their own zippered wet suit and can be used on other bottle. 750ml size I believe. Right now they have a pirate type logo.:D

Why not just carry it on?

Colo, AIRLINE is mentioned. ;) Can't carry champagne onboard a flight.

Personally, I would just purchase it onboard instead of taking up valueable space and weight in my luggage with a bottle of champagne. ;)

Depending on where you are flying from, i wait to buy it there and carry on board. Remember champagne bottles are heavy and your weight on bags is limited.but, i have carried many glass bottled in the checked luggage and it has always arrived safely.

Can a bottle of Champaign be safely carried in checked airline baggage? Will it explode?

They do make wineskins, not sure if they make ones large ennough for champagne bottles. Or, you could try some bubblewrap.....:):):)

Bob

Does anyone know if there are any UK restrictions against bringing French champagne into the country from outside the EU? (DH has a favorite that I've been unable to locate in London via online search, so I'd like to be able to bring it from home if possible.)

You mean Champagne??I pack liquor,boxed wine in checked luggage and never had a problem!I usually purchase the bubbles at port and carry on one each pp!

I bought 2 one time use wineskins at a wine shop yesterday. The info on them says

if the bottle breaks they won't leak. After having a suitcase full of clothes and merlot

one, I'm all for not breaking a bottle of wine in transit.

(I couldn't wring enough wine out of my clothes to fill one glass!)

I bought 2 one time use wineskins at a wine shop yesterday. The info on them says

if the bottle breaks they won't leak. After having a suitcase full of clothes and merlot

one, I'm all for not breaking a bottle of wine in transit.

(I couldn't wring enough wine out of my clothes to fill one glass!)

At first,I did the Wineskins.Now I take 4 nice boxed wines (16 bottles) for a two week cruise.Sixteen Wineskins/Wine would require too much luggage and have a much greater chance of breakage!

Archived