Forward Facing Rooms 7000-7003 on Infinity

Ocala Cruisers

Thinking of booking one of these rooms on the Infinity for Alaska. Have never stayed in a forward facing room. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms on the Infinity or one of the other Millennium style ships? Anyone know how many windows in 7002 or 7003 (Vista Deck)?

If you can swing it, go for a balcony on the Alaska cruise. We were on Infinity last summer in a CC cabin. We booked early and caught a price drop and moved up to CC for less money. We loved the balcony and spent more time out on it than we expected. Its great to be able to watch the world go by. Oh also try to get on the right side of the ship. Not sure what the nautical term is for that side. Almost all the cruise we could see land off our balcony and when the ship docked, we faced the shore. It was great for photos and just relaxing.

Wow, you were fast, ADPMOM! Thank you for the link. This will be our 41st cruise, so we're pretty experienced at finding comfortable cabins. But I always feel better when I find positive info/pics about these "different" layouts, which those four cabins certainly have. I appreciate your quick response. This is why I love these boards.

RCMarr, this will be our second trip to Alaska. Our first trip was in July of '99, and it was so chilly on our balcony that my husband wouldn't even go out there except for just a few minutes at a time. I was often pretty uncomfortable myself. These four rooms look interesting to me not only because of the size and forward view, but also because there is an outside area across the front of the ship with easy access of these forward cabins. I am aware that it could be very windy out there; but after seeing the pictures from the link ADPMOM sent me, I am definitely going to chance it. We usually book balcony cabins, aft facing if available and we have been in CC aft balconies on Celebrity; but I do not want one of those cabins this trip. But thank you very kindly for your input!

If anyone else has information about these four cabins on the M class ships, please do share.

Hi Ocala! I understand about the balcony - you're from Florida!

We had a forward facing cabin last year on the Amsterdam. I can't help you specifically with the Infinity - but we LOVED our forward cabin windows. Waking up the second morning to see the mountains along the inside passage was the 2nd best part of the cruise - it was like Christmas morning!

The best part of the cruise was getting up close to the Hubbard Glacier and seeing it calve, in case you were wondering. We also had a large outside deck forward near our cabin - and that is where we did all our glacier viewing from.

Enjoy your cruise!

The deckplan online shows a passageway between cabins 7000 and 7001 to an outside area. I called Celebrity this morning, and was told that the passageway is there so that crew can have access to wash the windows for those cabins, but that it was not supposed to be used by the passengers. Needless to say, I was disappointed to hear that. I was looking forward to standing out there while cruising slowly through the glaciers.

I was able to confirm that those cabins have 4' porthole windows.

• 3 years later...
The deckplan online shows a passageway between cabins 7000 and 7001 to an outside area. I called Celebrity this morning, and was told that the passageway is there so that crew can have access to wash the windows for those cabins, but that it was not supposed to be used by the passengers.

Have just stayed in 7000 on Celebrity Infinity. The passageway mentioned has staircase to other levels. There is NO outside access for crew or anyone else at this point.

• 2 years later...
Thinking of booking one of these rooms on the Infinity for Alaska. Have never stayed in a forward facing room. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms on the Infinity or one of the other Millennium style ships? Anyone know how many windows in 7002 or 7003 (Vista Deck)?

My son stayed in one of those rooms and they are huge. My two granddaughters, 16 and 22, laid blankets and pillows in the part that slopes and had the best view ever. My son said that he could hear the anchor whenever it was raised or lowered, but he is super picky about noise.

Tried to find pictures but don't know where I put them, if I find them, I'll post them.

StartrainDD was n a different ship. No such access on Infinity

That sounds like Coral Princess, which has several public viewing areas forward and aft. To my knowledge, Coral is pretty much unique in that layout [even her sister Island has been changed so that the entire aft of the ship is now high-rent balcony cabins]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau