**Clarification Regarding Le Club Voyage & Captain's Club Issues

LauraS

Whatever level you have on Celebrity or RCI will transfer to Azamara. (You will be Discoverer.) Any cruises on Celebrity or RCI after the deadline will not count on Azamara. Azamara will have a separately loyalty program. You will will start with whatever you have at the time of the deadline.

My question about Le Club Voyage is:

If a passenger that is a member of Captain's Club sails with Azamara will said passenger receive Le Club Voyage benefits on the first Azamara voyage?

I thought I had the answer pinned down as Yes. However, the statement,

"all Captains Club members who have completed an Azamara Club Cruises vacation will be automatically enrolled into Le Club Voyage."

seems to indicate that maybe one must complete one Azamara cruise prior to being enrolled in Le Club Voyage, which I guess might mean that benefits would not be available for that first cruise.

I guess I'll know for sure when I actually sail in September.

I am certain this post will either confuse or assist some...but here it goes:o. I am a classic member with Celebrity and when I arrived on my first Azamara cruise three weeks ago I was not provided any actual benefits until the second week of our back to back where I was given adventurer status. I was tickled as I got @40 minutes of free interenet which was just enough for the last day at sea. I was invited to the coctail parties as an honor as a captain's club member(they said). so, there it is...:rolleyes:

Whatever level you have on Celebrity or RCI will transfer to Azamara. (You will be Discoverer.) Any cruises on Celebrity or RCI after the deadline will not count on Azamara. Azamara will have a separately loyalty program. You will will start with whatever you have at the time of the deadline.

This is the answer I am hoping for.

This is the answer I simply want them to confirm to me in writing....!

I still have a niggling gut feeling though that as I will not sail with them till 2011 that I will not have any benefits at all and will start at the bottom rung.

Very interesting; I booked another Azamara cruise last week direct with Az UK and was told I needed to phone UK Captains Club to get a new number to go into the system to record set up our loyalty club through Azamara. Phone the special number, very nice lady, very helpful but she basically said they know nothing about the Azamara new arrangements, have not been briefed on it and have no software available to them to enrol people. She indicated it is not live yet, there were legal issues (??) being sorted out.

This might explain why Little Britain is getting these evasive answers

As our trip is not until January I can wait and call back later, lady was very helpful but said she thought I would find out more info on the website that she had been given.

Come on Azamara - do not leave your UK special Captains Club team in the dark like that as it does not look good for them or the customer when they get queries

This was my understanding after speaking with the Club Voyage hostess on the Journey in April.

We had 17 Captains Club points at the beginning of the cruise. (she pulled the info up on her computer).Therefore we started LCV with 17 points. At the end of the 14 night cruise we had 19 LCV points and 19 CC points. (programs are still together).

When we finish our 14 night cruise on Quest next April, we will have 21 points on Azamara and still only 19 points on Celebrity.(Programs will have separated)

Any points that you earn after January 2011 will count only for either Azamara or Celebrity. I have never sailed on RCI so am no sure how that works.

Hope this helps.

Vivian

My question about Le Club Voyage is:

If a passenger that is a member of Captain's Club sails with Azamara will said passenger receive Le Club Voyage benefits on the first Azamara voyage?

I thought I had the answer pinned down as Yes. However, the statement,

"all Captains Club members who have completed an Azamara Club Cruises vacation will be automatically enrolled into Le Club Voyage."

seems to indicate that maybe one must complete one Azamara cruise prior to being enrolled in Le Club Voyage, which I guess might mean that benefits would not be available for that first cruise.

I guess I'll know for sure when I actually sail in September.

Hi Seatrial !

Yes, it's all somewhat confusing, and the above paragraph does not not help the situation, but I asked a similar question to yours a few months ago, and was told if you are currently a Captains Club Member, you would recieve Azamara benefits on your first Azamara Cruise.

I suggest calling Azamara, and see if you can get a definitive answer. Enjoy your Cruise !

This was my understanding after speaking with the Club Voyage hostess on the Journey in April.

We had 17 Captains Club points at the beginning of the cruise. (she pulled the info up on her computer).Therefore we started LCV with 17 points. At the end of the 14 night cruise we had 19 LCV points and 19 CC points. (programs are still together).

When we finish our 14 night cruise on Quest next April, we will have 21 points on Azamara and still only 19 points on Celebrity.(Programs will have separated)

Any points that you earn after January 2011 will count only for either Azamara or Celebrity. I have never sailed on RCI so am no sure how that works.

Hope this helps.

Vivian

Hi Vivian !

Thank you for your post. That's how I understand it as well.... but I agree with everyone, that Azamara should make this entire process far more simplified. It should not be as complicated as it currently stands. Either they should simplify the conversion process, or make the conversion process crystal clear. I strongly feel this must be a priority for Azamara, and I hope they will get to it soon !

While we are on the subject, I'm hoping that Azamara reads this, and I am urging them to update their website. There are a number of areas that are out of date, or unclear, and it needs their attention. This would go a long way towards resolving confusion such as this.

I continue to be astonished that something which is basically simple ( you have cruised a certain number of times with either Celebrity, Azamara, or both, which should give you the number of points and hence define your status), is essentially still confused and unresolved to everyone's understanding at this point.

Azamara, it is time for the act to come together, this really should not be "rocket science".

I continue to be astonished that something which is basically simple ( you have cruised a certain number of times with either Celebrity, Azamara, or both, which should give you the number of points and hence define your status), is essentially still confused and unresolved to everyone's understanding at this point.

Azamara, it is time for the act to come together, this really should not be "rocket science".

It is only confusing if you have never been on Azamara and not going on a cruise with them until next year.

The several posts immediately above would suggest otherwise. I know what my status is, it's on my profile on the Azamara website and my understanding is that that is not going to change.

But there does seem to be a lot of confusion, none the less.

I know what my status is, it's on my profile on the Azamara website ...

My status is also shown on Azamara's website, but still the old Celebrity one (Select) even though we've cruised with Azamara. I guess it will be updated to the correct name after our next Azamara cruise?

And if you are from the UK your status does not show on your profile at all so we do not know what we have or have not got!!

It is things like this that are particularly hard to understand if Azamara are targetting European cruisers as they have claimed.

Sue

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your recent email.

We apologize for any confusion regarding the loyalty programs.

"We are Elite with CaptClub, please advise what status we will be with ACC when we cruise with them for the first time in Feb2011?"

If no Azamara Club Cruise is taken before January 2011, you will not be automaticaly (sic)enrolled

in Le Club Voyage. However, because of your "Elite" status level with

Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises will recognize your loyalty and

offer equivalent recognition benefits in our loyalty program at the

"Discoverer" status level with Azamara Club Cruises. The separate

enrollment option will be available after November 2010.

*If you were to

take an Azamara voyage before January 2011, you would be automatically

enroll in Le Club Voyage.

Thank you for contacting Le Club Voyage.

Sincerely,

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your recent email.

We apologize for any confusion regarding the loyalty programs.

"We are Elite with CaptClub, please advise what status we will be with ACC when we cruise with them for the first time in Feb2011?"

If no Azamara Club Cruise is taken before January 2011, you will not be automaticaly (sic)enrolled

in Le Club Voyage. However, because of your "Elite" status level with

Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises will recognize your loyalty and

offer equivalent recognition benefits in our loyalty program at the

"Discoverer" status level with Azamara Club Cruises. The separate

enrollment option will be available after November 2010.

*If you were to

take an Azamara voyage before January 2011, you would be automatically

enroll in Le Club Voyage.

Sincerely,

Great, Finally.

Actually, this is what I understood and posted regarding anyone who was already Elite with Celebrity and not cruising on Azamara until 2011. They will be grandfathered to the top Azamara status.

What I thought needed to be clarified, and what I understand is that the only people who have been on Celebrity before and would lose out somewhat with the change would be those who have 1-9 points on Celebrity and not cruising on Azamara until 2011, since those points would not count towards the next tier as they would if they cruised this year.

Those with 1-4 points on Celebrity but not going on Azamara until 2011 would be at the first level but would be starting at the bottom to get to the second Azamara tier...

Those with 5-9 points on Celebrity but not going on Azamara until 2011 would be at the second tier but would be starting at the bottom to get to the third Azamara tier.

My read is that someone could have 9 points on Celebrity, and grandfathered at the second tier, BUT in order to make it to the top level will still need to start at the bottom with Azamara and get 10 points.

I think Azamara should clarify this on their web page, but this is what they are saying they are doing otherwise points would still be combined in 2011.

Dear xxxx,

You will be eligible to sign up for Le Club Voyage in January 2011, even

without have ever sailed on Azamara Club Cruises. Once you are enrolled

in Le Club Voyage, you will be at the Discoverer level (brand recognition

based on your Celebrity Captains Club level).

Archived