Things to do/not to do when Oasis is fully booked

Dear Cruise Critics,

I just found out that my Oasis Cruise (05/15) is almost fully booked, only some JS and a few Crown Lofts are still vacant. ANYTHING else is gone... :eek:

What are the things to do / not to do on the Oasis when being fully booked ?

I.e. if you are aiming a sunlounger on the pool deck, don't show up after xAM on a sea day etc.

How crowded does the sheep 'feel' ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers

Christian

PS I feel like on the 2nd advent getting closer and closer to Christmas Eve :D

My boyfriend and i will be on the same cruise the 15th! we were a little worried about that too but after reading all of the reviews of everyone else who have sailed on the Oasis at full capacity it doesnt seem to be a problem. i doubt RC would build a ship to the point where it couldnt give the guests a great vacation due to being overcrowded. the gust capacity was most likely taken into great consideration during planning. im sure you will rarely feel crowded except normal times exiting shows or at the windjammer. there has never been one ship ive been on that didnt have a lunch-crowded windjammer so i accept that as normal lol. have you booked any excursions? i was watching a youtube video of the rollercoaster at labadee it looks hilarious. we have been counting down to this cruise im sure you have too:D

We had 5600 on our January cruise and the ship never once felt crowded. If you visit certain areas like the Windjammer at peak dining times then you will more than likely hit some crowds but overall the design of the ship did a great job on spreading guest throughout the ship.

Our cruise on 5/22 is sold out. Not one cabin has been available all week.

We were sold out on March 27. The only time we felt crowded was on the pool decks on sea days. We were also there on spring break so had a huge number of kids which didnt help. Suggestion is to book things like spa for those days. Spa is great, the sauna/steam/thermal lounge is fabulous. It was never crowded. Solarium is great too for crowded days, also give a thumbs up to afternoon room service on your balcony if you have one, get the cheese plate, some cookies, etc. Only other crowded feel was elevators after the shows so dont rush out and you wont even notice. Also great, breakfst and lunch at park cafe. We were there every am with our cruise compass for breakfast at the bagel bar and lattes, always quiet, made you feel really really relaxed every morning. I wish I was there RIGHT NOW...... Enjoy!

Please keep in mind that Oasis class ships are 40% larger than Freedom class ships. I sailed on Liberty of the Seas in July 2008 and there were 4,400 people (according to the captain) onboard (way over double capacity) presumably because there was a large quinceanera group from Mexico celebrating onboard. The ship never once felt crowded and we all had a wonderful time.

Since Oasis class ships are again 40% larger than the Freedom class, almost half again as big, a few extra thousand guests shouldn't make that much of a difference. Although reviews on this are both good and bad. Guests who are used to the large ships say Oasis doesn't feel crowded at all. But guests who have normally sailed on smaller ships that sail on Oasis probably aren't used to the 6,200 people onboard and may say the ships are crowded.

There are times while being onboard where it seems alot of people will be in one single place at one time, making it seem like there might be a crowding issue. The pool deck on a sea day, the entrance to the main theater when a show is letting out, dining room entry ways will no doubt be crowded at peak times. This is obviously normal. The designers did a good job of spreading out the neighborhoods and restaurants to limit crowding.

Most importantly enjoy your cruise onboard Oasis of the Seas and when you're back write a review for everyone to read!

Christian,

As cruisingator2 stated our cruise on May 22nd is obviously fully booked! So we´ll see how it is working out! We had a full ship on the Liberty last year and we never felt crowded except for one event on the Royal Promenade. We even found loungers in the shade on a sea day for all three of us.

steamboats

Lass das Schiff ganz!;):D

We were on April 17th was pretty full there were chairs and lounges available, sometimes not together but there was always something available somewhere. Never had a problem getting something near where the kids were swimming. I was really surprised as this has not been the case in any of our other cruises.

A crew member pointed this out to us on our last cruise on the Freedom, and it made sense to us. You should be happy when there are a lot of kids on board (of course you don't want them running wild.) If there are a lot of kids, they are probably not going to be where you are. They will be in the kids area, not in many of the other common areas. On our cruise almost 1/2 of the guests were kids and we often commented..."Where are all of the people!?" We were on a spring break cruise.

How can you find out how full your cruise is?

Don't know, but when I saw that ALL categories except 2 luxury ones are gone, I was assuming that the ship would be packed. ;)

As of in this second few other categories are available again, guess due to cancellations.

Would be interesting to know if any of you knows a more detailed way

Lass das Schiff ganz!

/ Steamboats:

Ganz schon, aber ob ich was vom Essen über lasse ...

I won't wreck the ship, but can't promise if I will spare some food :D

PS My RCCL shares (to obtain the $100 on board) are also going up along the full ships ... like it :D

D

Ganz schon, aber ob ich was vom Essen über lasse ...

I won't wreck the ship, but can't promise if I will spare some food :D

Puhh, I don´t worry about the later as I know they do restock every Saturday :D:D!

steamboats

We're on the 5/15 sailing as well. We'll have a different perspective as this is going to be our first RC cruise, we usually sail much smaller ships (Regent). I have a "slight" concern about the number of people on board...but I take the approach that everything will be as you make it to be. We will be prepared for crowds and will do our best to avoid them :). I booked this for my son as there isn't much for him to do on the smaller ships, but he loves it anyway. Thsi time he will have endless choices. We also have a suite for a bit more space. I'm going into this with a completely positive attitude....we're going to have a blast. We'll decide after if we prefer small ships or HUGE ships. I have a feeling it will be the latter....

Big things to do right away are:

- get WOW phones right away if you want any. They go in about 2 hours. They were well worth having!

- Book a cupcake decorating class. Too few classes for too many people

- sign up for your zip line time so you don't get stuck with a bad day/time or miss it completely. Only 3000 times and 6000+ passengers

- get to bingo early if you want a machine. It looked like most winners (not all) had machines since it plays 30 games at a time). Again too few machines for too many people.

- We were on the March 27th cruise with 6128 passengers and never felt crowded even at the pools.

- Go early for a seat at the Love and Marraige show and don't miss it.

- Book your shows, excusions, specialty restaraunts and spa treatments ahead of time.

Archived