NCL Sun - Owner's Suite

We will be travelling in an owner's suite on the Sun in January 2011. Does anyone know anything about them. I have tried to figure out what it entails, but the photos on the NCL website don't tell me if they are actual photos of the Sun.

And good, bad or ugly information regarding the suite?

Thanks so much

Oh, I totally know what you are talking about. It is so hard to find the exact layouts on that website.

Here is where you can see one version:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/staterooms.html?shipCode=SUN

There are 360 degree photos here:

http://iceportal.com/brochures/ice/brochure.aspx?did=1814&brochureid=ICE4783&mtype=4280&type=vr

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23993055

http://www.cruiseweb.com/NCL-SUN-PHOTO-GALLERY-09.HTM

There are videos of some of the NCL Owner's Suites on Youtube, but not of the one from the Sun, unfortunately.

Oh, I totally know what you are talking about. It is so hard to find the exact layouts on that website.

Here is where you can see one version:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/staterooms.html?shipCode=SUN

There are 360 degree photos here:

http://iceportal.com/brochures/ice/brochure.aspx?did=1814&brochureid=ICE4783&mtype=4280&type=vr

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23993055

http://www.cruiseweb.com/NCL-SUN-PHOTO-GALLERY-09.HTM

There are videos of some of the NCL Owner's Suites on Youtube, but not of the one from the Sun, unfortunately.

Thank you so much you are awesome. I spent over an hour trying to google NCL Sun+suites, etc. and got nothing.

The OS on the Sun is decorated in shades of blue and I thought it looked very soothing. It has the Lavazza coffee maker. The hot tub is pretty shallow and you receive some complimentary liquor, I believe.

We will be travelling in an owner's suite on the Sun in January 2011. Does anyone know anything about them. I have tried to figure out what it entails, but the photos on the NCL website don't tell me if they are actual photos of the Sun.

And good, bad or ugly information regarding the suite?

Thanks so much

Hi, Nancy.

We were in an owner's suite - category AC - 1203 - on an 11 night cruise from San Francisco to Mexico in October 2009, and booked the exact same cabin for a back-to-back Eastern and Western Caribbean cruise in December 2010.

Prepare to be pampared and spoiled. You will love it.

I see you have taken a number of cruises...having a concierge and butler will definitely spoil you...

Feel free to ask any questions you may have

Hi, Nancy.

We were in an owner's suite - category AC - 1203 - on an 11 night cruise from San Francisco to Mexico in October 2009, and booked the exact same cabin for a back-to-back Eastern and Western Caribbean cruise in December 2010.

Prepare to be pampared and spoiled. You will love it.

I see you have taken a number of cruises...having a concierge and butler will definitely spoil you...

Feel free to ask any questions you may have

Thanks. We are in an AA and I can't seem to find too much about that particular one. It is at the bow of the ship on deck 11 and my husband is a little nervous about its location. We have travelled in owner's suites on NCL before on the Majesty, Crown, Wind, & Dream. Unfortunately, all of these ships have left the fleet. They were small ships and weren't built for freestyle, so I am looking forward to a new experience on a bigger ship with NCL. We are excited too because the ship is leaving from Port Canaveral which is only about 3/4 of an hour from our home here in FL.

I appreciate your offer and will definitely ask if I can think of anything to ask.

Thanks. We are in an AA and I can't seem to find too much about that particular one. It is at the bow of the ship on deck 11 and my husband is a little nervous about its location. We have travelled in owner's suites on NCL before on the Majesty, Crown, Wind, & Dream. Unfortunately, all of these ships have left the fleet. They were small ships and weren't built for freestyle, so I am looking forward to a new experience on a bigger ship with NCL. We are excited too because the ship is leaving from Port Canaveral which is only about 3/4 of an hour from our home here in FL.

I appreciate your offer and will definitely ask if I can think of anything to ask.

About the only negative I could come up with after 11 days was that sometimes it was a little windy....that's about it

The bathroom was awesome...there are lots of places to sit and watch the world go by...our butler, Orlando, and concierge, Karen were awesome. The breakfasts and lunches in Cagney's were excellent - we were responsible for them running out of shrimp and scallops LOL.

PS - To edit my prior post, we were in a Category AA, not AC

We're going back on the same ship, came cabin...what else can I say?

About the only negative I could come up with after 11 days was that sometimes it was a little windy....that's about it

The bathroom was awesome...there are lots of places to sit and watch the world go by...our butler, Orlando, and concierge, Karen were awesome. The breakfasts and lunches in Cagney's were excellent - we were responsible for them running out of shrimp and scallops LOL.

We're going back on the same ship, came cabin...what else can I say?

I just reread your first post. We are also in 1203!!!!!

• 11 months later...
Does the owners suite (SB) on the Sun have a 2nd bedroom like cat (AB) does?

It is almost impossible to find info on the layout of this cabin.

No second bedroom (and actually, neither does the AB on that particular ship). The layout on the NCL website is very accurate. Did you look under "Learn About Our Cruises", then "Ships", then "NCL Sun", then "Staterooms"? Under the picture for the suite, click on "Floorplan" and you can see an accurate layout of the suite. There is a door between the living room and the bedroom.

Robin

No second bedroom (and actually, neither does the AB on that particular ship). The layout on the NCL website is very accurate. Did you look under "Learn About Our Cruises", then "Ships", then "NCL Sun", then "Staterooms"? Under the picture for the suite, click on "Floorplan" and you can see an accurate layout of the suite. There is a door between the living room and the bedroom.

Robin

Yes I did that but it was so small it was hard to tell. They need a bigger suite on that ship with 2 bedrooms. :( Darnit

Does the owners suite (SB) on the Sun have a 2nd bedroom like cat (AB) does?

It is almost impossible to find info on the layout of this cabin.

There is one bedroom with the master bath right next to it.

Then, in the living room/dining area, there is a sofa bed...and there is a door in between the living room and bedroom that can be kept open or closed for privacy.

Yes I did that but it was so small it was hard to tell. They need a bigger suite on that ship with 2 bedrooms. :( Darnit

I have been struggling to print my photos of our owners suite on the NCL Sun, but I am not succeeding. I can email them to you if you want to send me your email address.

Sorry I am still a little bit computer dumb!

Nancy,

Thanks SO much for posting the pictures. We will be doing a B2B next January on the Sun, celebrating our 35th. The pix are great and really give you a clear picture of the balcony and room set up. You are the best!

Thanks again,

Gym2

You are all very welcome. We were very curious before our cruise so we made sure we took pictures for anyone travelling in the future. I noticed that the one thing that isn't shown is the closet. it is in between the bedroom and the bathroom with a vanity. That is where the safe is as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived