Serenade Goodies

What "goodies" are in the cabins on Serenade? I want to bring as few toiletries as possible. Carnival always includes tooth paste samples, his & hers razors and some Tylenol...what can we expect from RCI?

What "goodies" are in the cabins on Serenade? I want to bring as few toiletries as possible. Carnival always includes tooth paste samples, his & hers razors and some Tylenol...what can we expect from RCI?

Bar soap, and some sort of liquid that can be used as shampoo/shower gel and laundry detergent :D

I bring sample size toiletries, although for my last cruise I bought shampoo & conditioner at Walgreens prior to going to the ship.

Can you ask for items at Guest Services? When I go to hotels, I always head for the front desk and ask for toothpaste, razors, and shaving cream. They always have little packets available. I wonder if ships do the same if you ask.

We usually don't need more luggage than our carry on items, but we always need more than the silly 3oz bottles of toiletry items. Heck, it's probably cheaper to buy the stuff at CVS or Walgreens before heading to the ship and just throwing the remainder away at the end rather than pay for the checked baggage fee!

Thanks, this helps. We, too, need larger than the sample/travel size and I always have that packed. Was just hoping for a few extras, like lotion.

It depends to on your cabin category & C&A status...Jr Suites & higher have little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion & shower jel..the higher suites have a better quality of product...my last JS did not have the bottles but I just asked my cabin steward for some & he brought them, no problem...

It depends to on your cabin category & C&A status...Jr Suites & higher have little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion & shower jel..the higher suites have a better quality of product...my last JS did not have the bottles but I just asked my cabin steward for some & he brought them, no problem...

On Radiance last November, there was no difference in what you received whether you were in a JS or a GS and above. The same held true for our recent cruise on Serenade. It's the Vitality line of toiletries.

On Radiance last November, there was no difference in what you received whether you were in a JS or a GS and above. The same held true for our recent cruise on Serenade. It's the Vitality line of toiletries.

Hmm, more cutbacks perhaps? When we were in a GS on Monarch in Dec. we had the upgraded toiletries..not the Vitality..can't remember the name.. maybe they were just clearing out their stock on hand...:(

Can you ask for items at Guest Services? When I go to hotels, I always head for the front desk and ask for toothpaste, razors, and shaving cream. They always have little packets available. I wonder if ships do the same if you ask.

You can ask, but you won't get. You can PURCHASE all of these items (at greatly inflated prices) in the gift shop, but that's about it. Actually, if you are getting these items from every hotel you stay in, you must have quite a stash already to bring. If 3 oz. isn't enough, then just take 2-3 bottles. Otherwise, hit a CVS before you board.

We were in an aft balcony last week and got nothing but soap and the shampoo in the shower dispenser.

Upgraded amenities are only provided to JS cabins and above as part of the new Suite Enhancements Program.

I believe that when requested they will be provided to D+ pax, but not sure.

Can't believe that this is one area where Carnival actually exceeds RCCL.

I'm not sure Carnival is doing any better. On my Carnival cruises prior to 09 we received the razors, etc, in our bathroom. However, on our March 09 sailing on the Carnival Glory there were no amenities in the bathroom other than the standard shampoo and soap out of a wall dispenser.

Absolutely nothing! We just returned Saturday (wrote review, not yet posted) and that was one of our disappointments. Only bar soap and shower gel/shampoo in a dispenser. No lotions, shower cap, and the room had bare necessities- not even a pad & pen. Worst we've ever seen on a RCCL cruise, and this cruise made us Diamond members.

Absolutely nothing! We just returned Saturday (wrote review, not yet posted) and that was one of our disappointments. Only bar soap and shower gel/shampoo in a dispenser. No lotions, shower cap, and the room had bare necessities- not even a pad & pen. Worst we've ever seen on a RCCL cruise, and this cruise made us Diamond members.

Wow! No note pad or pen? That is pretty bad.

Did you check in the small desk drawer by the vanity? That's where I found our pen & paper hiding on the Majesty last week..:)

There WAS a pen in cabin 7110 in January. I found it in my purse yesterday when I was switching bags. RC probably hasn't replaced it yet. :o I know we didn't have any paper because I needed to leave a note for the cabin steward about separating the beds. Fortunately I brought some sticky notes in my checked bags and they arrived before we went to dinner so it worked out. Beds were separated by the time we returned to the cabin.

Suites get extra amenities like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower gel. Everyone else gets a bar of soap and generic shampoo in the shower dispenser.

Archived