Waitlist only

readytogo2

Can someone tell me what waitlist means on the Princess website? I have a friend that was thinking of booking on the same cruise I am on,which is only 6 days away. When I checked the website every cabin is waitlisted, what exactly does that mean?

Exactly what it says. Right now all cabins are sold out but you can be put on a waitlst for a cabin. There is a deposit involved

Thanks for the reply, I've seen some cabins on a waitlist, but every cabin..wow. I guess we will be touching elbows on board :eek:

Means your cruise is sold out, which is the goal of the CL and usually the case when you are so late in the game. If your friend is serious, they should deposit on the cruise which will be refunded if a cabin does not open up. They can also find out from the CL how many are waitlisted for the same category cabin (in other words, what are their chances of getting a cabin, if 15 people are already waiting, forget it I'd say). Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the reply, I've seen some cabins on a waitlist, but every cabin..wow. I guess we will be touching elbows on board :eek:

That is the cruise line's intent to have every cabin occupied. That doesn't mean you will be touching elbow but the ship will be full.

For your friend to wait that long and expect or hope to get on is a long shot. The only probable chance he / she would have is possibly an off season / late or early season / repo cruise where they are filling cabins with last minute offers.

Most Princess ships are sold out before sailing, this cruise won't be any different than most. Enjoy! :)

Thanks for all your replies..I believe our past cruises were pretty much filled ships too but I couldn't recall seeing every cabin waitlisted before, maybe I was too excited;). Actually, on previous cruises, I never had a reason to check..... btw- I did get a call from my friends..they changed their minds, said it was too late and too iffy .....I said to them..ya think?:rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking at a cruise and the category of cabin I want is waitlisted while others are available. I called Princess to ask if I could be waitlisted for the cabin I want, but be booked in another so I ensure I am on the cruise.

What I was told was that could be done, but that whatever price was showing on the waitlist cabin wouldn't be held should the cabin open up. Should the cabin I want open up, I would have to pay whatever the current pricing on the cabin is at that time. Call me crazy but this makes no sense. Why would anyone go a waitlist route (unless the whole ship is waitlisted and you really want to be on that cruise) without any sort of guarantee as to pricing? I guess this is why most other lines simply show a category as sold out rather than allow you to waitlist.

I like Princess but find this a little odd.

I found the pricing of waitlisted cabins odd as well. But I guess Princess knows how many people are on the waitlist and starts with a price that they think a newly available cabin will sell for. They start at the top of the list and call the people and hope someone will book it.

I'm looking at a cruise and the category of cabin I want is waitlisted while others are available. I called Princess to ask if I could be waitlisted for the cabin I want, but be booked in another so I ensure I am on the cruise.

What I was told was that could be done, but that whatever price was showing on the waitlist cabin wouldn't be held should the cabin open up. Should the cabin I want open up, I would have to pay whatever the current pricing on the cabin is at that time. Call me crazy but this makes no sense. Why would anyone go a waitlist route (unless the whole ship is waitlisted and you really want to be on that cruise) without any sort of guarantee as to pricing? I guess this is why most other lines simply show a category as sold out rather than allow you to waitlist.

You can turn down the cabin that if you have waitlisted if you do not like the price and just keep your original cabin and price. On my current Princess booking, I booked a cabin and waitlisted for a higher category. When the waitlist cleared the price had not changed and I was given the opportunity to keep my original cabin. It does say that the price might be different, but it was the same. I then confirmed the category that I had waitlisted. Nice and easy process for me once I figured out that I needed to book my other choice first and then waitlist for the higher category.

Supply and demand. On many cruises, Princess charges more the closer you get to sailing date... because they can.

Archived