Water Package

We ordered a case and it was right at $100.00. At little bit pricey I might add!! PS bring your own bottle the ships water is great!!

Happy Sailing

Earl

Wow! That's really pricey!! When I went on Disney Cruise Line, it was only $40 with tax and tip and I thought that was bad. I really would prefer bottled water, but it seems crazily expensive.

If you must have bottled water, why not just bring your own?
Because we are flying in and would be hard to pack a case of water. There is a fee for extra bags and for overweight luggage.

We ordered two cases (a total of 24 - 1 liter bottles) of Evian on the Oasis and the total was around $75.00.
Well that price sounds more reasonable than $100 for 1 case. So then I guess maybe 1 case would be only around $38.

Because we are flying in and would be hard to pack a case of water. There is a fee for extra bags and for overweight luggage.

Once you get off the ship is it possible to ask your driver to stop someplace to buy a case of water? I can understand if he doesn't stop at a large box store like Walmart but surely for a few extra dollars in his tip he can stop at a Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy or even a service station.

We shopped at Target before we arrived at port and bought a case of water ($3.99) put one of our extra luggage tags on it and the porter at the port took it with our luggage and it arrived save and sound in our room later that day!

I just checked through our upcoming reservation, and if we wanted to order bottled water, these would be the prices for Explorer in June (and I am assuming any ship):

8 bottles: $28.45

12 bottles - $40.30

16 bottles - $50.55

24 bottles - $71.10

Plus a 15% gratuity

At well over $3 per bottle, I will drink the ship's water.

Doesn't the ships water have to meet certain testing standards? I know anyone can bottle water and sell it. So...in theory I think I feel better drinking the ships water.

I remember seeing a show on Dasani bottled water. Turns out it is the town water for a local town outside of Boston. They use the towns water supply, slap a label on it and resell it at a HUGE profit. It's not filtered any extra or anything. Big marketing thing actually.

Once you get off the ship is it possible to ask your driver to stop someplace to buy a case of water? I can understand if he doesn't stop at a large box store like Walmart but surely for a few extra dollars in his tip he can stop at a Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy or even a service station.

Bingo!

Bring a refillable bottle...the ship's water is fine and good!

Where on the ship can you refill the water bottles?

We are flying in the morning of the cruise, so probably won't have time to stop. We were thinking of taking RC transportation.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We may look into buying a small water package, or refilling water bottles.

How much is the water package for the case of water delivered to your room?

My last cruise is now a year old, but it seemed to me to average about $3 US a bottle. Not a great deal, but delivered to your room in the middle of the ocean isn't too bad. Its also Evian, while technically no better than other water, does seem to cost more in stores.

We found it a conveinance more than a value. Last year was our first cruise after both of us had weight loss surgery and having the water with us helped out quite a bit.

Archived