Bringin own coke

Usually there isn't a problem bringing coke/water..however some on this board have recently spoke of a problem..tends to vary though from ship to ship and the crew involved..I would try..not much to loose since you're only talking about a sixpack some bring on a case.. I would have to say you'll probably do fine...Enjoy your cruise !!!

Generally not a problem to bring sodas in suitcase. Remember two things: put it in ziploc bags in case of leakage, and that it's best to purchase it at the embarkation city since airplane cargo holds are not always heated/pressurized. Have a great trip!

it's best to purchase it at the embarkation city since airplane cargo holds are not always heated/pressurized. Have a great trip!

Well, since I can now DRIVE to the dock, no worries about that! It's great living near the ports!!! Thanks everyone for the input.

Well, since I can now DRIVE to the dock, no worries about that! It's great living near the ports!!! Thanks everyone for the input.

It is wonderful to live near the ports! In less than 6 hours, I can be to Tampa, Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Port of Miami:D

I always pick up a case of diet coke before we go to the ship. Have it done on every cruise so far and we are diamond. I like having a diet coke with breakfast and its sometimes hard to get them that early on the ship. Its great when you can drive to the port dont have to worry about the weight!

I always bring a collapsable cooler with diet coke and bottled water. I slap a luggage tag on it and have never had a problem.

I thought I had read on the boards a couple months ago that people were having problems and getting water confiscated...haven't been on boards in month or so...

so glad to hear back to normal....we always bring water/pop:)

Incorrect. You can bring non-alcoholic beverages on board. That would include bottled water.

Techincally you can't bring ANYTHING onboard alcoholic or non-alcoholic that would also include water. I was reading the do's and dont's. There was something I did read where if you have a medical doctor give you a note then its ok. Someone was caffine sensitive(like me) and was wanting to take diet coke onboard. I may have to see if this is allowed :)

Techincally you can't bring ANYTHING onboard alcoholic or non-alcoholic that would also include water. I was reading the do's and dont's. There was something I did read where if you have a medical doctor give you a note then its ok. Someone was caffine sensitive(like me) and was wanting to take diet coke onboard. I may have to see if this is allowed :)

I couldn't find what you're referring to here: the "do's and dont's". Nor could I find anything stating you couldn't bring anything non-alcoholic on-board. I did see, in the FAQs, that they may inspect water bottles, soda bottles, etc. for alcohol.

As for the caffeine sensitivity, you might like to know that Diet Coke contains caffeine.

- J

• 3 weeks later...
I couldn't find what you're referring to here: the "do's and dont's". Nor could I find anything stating you couldn't bring anything non-alcoholic on-board. I did see, in the FAQs, that they may inspect water bottles, soda bottles, etc. for alcohol.

As for the caffeine sensitivity, you might like to know that Diet Coke contains caffeine.

- J

I'd read this point of view many times so took it as the truth. There may have been a change of policy but the FAQ now say..

Q: Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000_Nysos1rpDZQm57_P2bTyZd:13dlld2p2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Drink&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

I'm sure this will not be good news to many people...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Because you can buy a six pack for fifty cents.............:rolleyes:
Well, let's do the math:

I never buy six-packs, but I can buy a twelve-pack for $3 any day of the week (I stock up when I find them for $2.50), but at $3, that's .25 per soda. In all fairness, I also need an extra-large ziplock and some duct tape to secure the drinks against in-transit problems.

Buying them onboard by the can is about $2.50/can . . . so those twelve sodas would cost $30, or ten times as much as my twelve pack. That's a savings of $27 on every twelve drinks.

I'm not saying that the cruise line is over-charging, though they're certainly making a pretty good profit. They have to buy their sodas in bulk, transport them to the ship, store them, move them to a bar area and keep them chilled. They have to provide a glass and ice, and they have to have someone to serve them.

But to save $27 on every twelve drinks, I'm perfectly willing to do that work myself.

Diet Coke, my soda of choice, comes in about six different varieties: Plain Diet Coke (silver package), Caffeine-free Diet Coke (gold package), Diet Coke made with Splenda (yellow package), Diet Coke with Lime (package with green stripe), Vanilla Diet Coke, Black Cherry Diet Coke (actually, I haven't seen those last two lately) . . . and that's just what I can name right now.

Personally, I like the Splenda type, but it's kind of hard to find.

Archived