Crown Traditional DR

My DW is a scooter user and cannot use the stairs. How much time should we leave to get an elevator - both before and after dinner? In either direction: she:ll often "go up to go down."

My DW is a scooter user and cannot use the stairs. How much time should we leave to get an elevator - both before and after dinner? In either direction: she:ll often "go up to go down."

On the Ruby in April I could not believe how well the elevators worked.

It seemed everytime we pressed the button it was there no matter what time of day or where we were going.

We used the elevator to deck 6 at dinner time and had no problem.

Used it to deck 18 for Skywalkers with no problem either.

Maybe all the posts about how slow and non existant the elevators are have paid off with Princess taking care of the issues?

On most other cruises this was not the case, it seemed like they would never come. To get down to deck 6 was a major issue. :(

The aft elevators situation on the Crown-class ships is not that bad: there are four available to get you down to the traditional DR, and you can catch one pretty easily. On the Grand-class ships, it's much worse, as there's only two elevators to access the traditional DR, so there's always a long wait for them.

I am going to disagree. I have a parent who is disabled and using the stairs is not that practical.

We were often 15-20 minutes late for dinner because it took forever to get elevators (aft) that went down. We were on Dolphin deck and every time an elevator came, it was full. We were not the only ones who were severely late going to dinner. On the other end, if we were very early, we felt crammed as that area where you wait fills up very quickly and people were accidently stepping on other people.

Though - on this sailing, most of those who had Traditional, did eat in the Traditional dining room and whenever we walked by the other restaurants (Crown Grill), they were very empty.

The aft elevators situation on the Crown-class ships is not that bad: there are four available to get you down to the traditional DR, and you can catch one pretty easily. On the Grand-class ships, it's much worse, as there's only two elevators to access the traditional DR, so there's always a long wait for them.
Thanks - and thanks Colo. Since our next two cruises are on the Crown, we won't worry about other class ships for a while.

Shalom, Andy.

Thanks - and thanks Colo. Since our next two cruises are on the Crown, we won't worry about other class ships for a while.

Shalom, Andy.

I wouldn't stop worrying. We had far more problems on the Crown and Ruby Princess compared to the other ships. We ran into the same problems as Coral as we were routinuely late for dinner due to the crowding of elevators.

We also ran into a lot of crowding and waiting for elevators on the Crown Princess. We found we had to leave about 20 minutes before dinner and wait downstairs or else we were late to dinner. They really need to address this issue on these ships in new builds.

I am surprised people said they didn't have problems. This was a huge complaint on our cruises amongst those with Traditional Dining.

We were on Aloha on Emerald, and didn't have a problem getting on an elevator. The

biggest problem as far as I was concerned was with the large number of people who

piled up in that very small space in front of the doors. There is no place to go but up

the stairs. I'd rather be a few minutes late than get in that mob again. Joanne's being

on a scooter will at least give her a little personal space!

Joanne's being

on a scooter will at least give her a little personal space!

You think so Mimi? My God, they SIT on her!!! The one thing she has developed since she started a-scootin' is a sense of humor. You should see what goes on in our malls... remember, this is a country where God has given people the right to always be first. Or so they think. :D:D

Happy Mothers; Day, hon.

And happy Mother's Day to Joanne.

I have a problem standing very long....next time I'll look for a friendly scooter to

sit on!

I used on at Epcot once, and people kept cutting me off. I'll bet Joanne has that problem.

The Disney ones don't go very fast, and no brakes, you just take your foot off the

accelerator. I don't know how private ones are. I finally ran into a woman with a baby

in a stroller who cut in front of me with a couple of inches to spare. That baby learned

a lot of new words from its mother that day.

The scooters (I have two a large rascal and a small travelscoot) don't stop instantly that is for sure. No matter how careful I am to leave plenty of stopping room I can't stop people from crossing directly in front of me. I don't think they even see a person below eye level. I have not had problems with the elevator but I am willing to get on whenever an empty elevator shows up so I frequently go up to go down. I hope that makes sense.

Archived