Century Hawaii 2011-2012

califgary

I see that the Century is doing Hawaii in 2011 and 2012 - in checking prices when you get to the point where you select what type of cabin you want pricing for, the Celebrity website says the deck plans are unavailable.

Anyone know why this is happening??

any info appreciated.

Back to the timeshare in Hawaii

We're thinking of taking the NCL 'round the islands trip before our T/S week (Maui) next year.

We try and extend the T/S week to get more use out of those expensive plane tickets by renting a condo or something but the NCL route is rather appealing too, we'll see:)

My bucket list has the 30 day HAL Hawaii & Polynesia circuit on it . . . .

Everyone else does 14 days and 4 ports (Holland and Princess) why is this 15 with only four ports. (Cruising the Volcano doesn’t count)

We've skipped Kauai before - but we got 2 days in Maui -- (we prefer that)

Are they just going to slow the ship down to make 15 days?

We already booked and hadn't noticed this. I wonder if they're still tweaking the itinerary :confused::confused::confused:

This might have some bearing:

In the past they only had to stop in Ensenada for an hour. Now they are scheduled for five hours. Maybe that and the fact that the Century can't go as fast as the M's effects the overall timetable.

Our last two 15 day Hawaii cruises - (Holland and Celebrity both in 2009) had the 5 or 6 hour stops in Ensenada - we still had 5 port days in the islands.

It use to be a "technical call" for an hour 11:00 or so at night - they have worked it in like a "real" port call.

Still wondering - is a money saving move - slower speed across the Pacific = less fuel.

Holland went from 15 to 14 days - they knocked off Kona and kept their pricing the same but kept Kauai (so does Princess)

We're booked and going, but we would be way happier with one of the traditional itineraries. Either add Kauai or give us two days in Maui – please :)

p.s. - two of our last three were on the Mercury which has the same listed cruising speed of 21.5 knots as the Century

We were on the Mercury March 2009 for a 15 day Hawaii cruise. We were in a deluxe ocean view cabin (deck 8), which Century replaced swith verandas during refurbish.

We paid $3400 for both of us, which included taxes and insurance. We were excited Celebrity was going to Hawaii again, but not anymore with the new prices. We also spent a night in Mauii. Great cruise!

This is a lot more than we've paid in the past also, but balcony cabins seem to be pretty much in line with HAL and Princess. This is for our 30th anniversary so we're going for it.

We're still really curious about the 4 port/15 day itinerary. We have or fingers crossed for a second day in Maui :)

Everyone else does 14 days and 4 ports (Holland and Princess) why is this 15 with only four ports. (Cruising the Volcano doesn’t count)

We've skipped Kauai before - but we got 2 days in Maui -- (we prefer that)

Are they just going to slow the ship down to make 15 days?

We already booked and hadn't noticed this. I wonder if they're still tweaking the itinerary :confused::confused::confused:

I know the reason:

The Century isn't able to go as fast as other ships which are going to Hawaii. The Century needs 15 nights to visit these ports. So the Hawaii cruises in 2007 on Infinity and Summit were 14 nights with 4 Hawaii ports. They needed 4 days at sea to go from Hawaii to Ensenada because the Millennium class ships are faster than the Century. The Century needs 5 days to go to Ensenada from Hawaii (arrival in the evening --> nearly 6 days at sea). And there's no overnight stay in any port.

I am very very very angry that CENTURY is going to Hawaii and not the MILLENNIUM-CLASS-SHIPS!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

We are happy with the Century as well - we still don't understand how our last two Mercury cruises had 5 ports in 15 days* and the Century which has the same cruising speed of 21.5 knots has one less port.

*actually one of them turned into a 16 day - we had to turn around and return to Hilo for medical evacuation - 6 ports :confused: - no we were just there for an hour or so.

Hi!

I'm not sure if any of you would be interested, but we were looking for Hawaii and found RCI Radiance of the Seas is going in both 2011 and 2012.

We chose the April 22, 2012, cruise. We think it has a wonderful itinerary. It leaves from Honolulu and overnights there prior to leaving. You visit Kauai, Hilo, Kona and overnight in Maui and then have 5 sea days back to Vancouver.

We thought the price to be very reasonable. :D

Hi!

I'm not sure if any of you would be interested, but we were looking for Hawaii and found RCI Radiance of the Seas is going in both 2011 and 2012.

We chose the April 22, 2012, cruise. We think it has a wonderful itinerary. It leaves from Honolulu and overnights there prior to leaving. You visit Kauai, Hilo, Kona and overnight in Maui and then have 5 sea days back to Vancouver.

We thought the price to be very reasonable. :D

My wife, Susan, and our 4 friends are pretty positive we will book the Century 10/02/11 sailing and hope the current price goes down and Celebrity adds another port.

We looked at Radiance as well and we figure that when you add airfare cost from US to Honolulu and from Vancouver back to the US the price is close to the same as Century and you get 4 more cruise days to boot!! Airfares within the US mainland are less costly. Since we live in San Jose we can fly Southwest to and from San Diego for ~$49pp + tax each way.

Bob

Hi Susan and Bob - We were planning to do the 12 day Honolulu to Ensenada -- It's not out yet, but it's usually less than the Century. We did the math also and since we don't have to fly at all (we live in S.D.) the Century came out on top. The $ would have been very close.

If you book - please join our Roll Call!

Aloha!

Archived