Drink of the Day

warmwinds

Do they still offer them at quite reasonable prices? I always loved finding my old favorites and trying some new things, too.

They offer a drink of the day for $5.00. Many were not standard type drinks.

Do they still offer them at quite reasonable prices? I always loved finding my old favorites and trying some new things, too.

Yes.

We were recently on the Summit and they had them at 5.50 I think all day, 3 different drinks every day of the week. I tried something new every day and loved every drink.

Hi

Just wondered if they are weaker than the normal drinks ?

No point in getting them just becasue they are cheaper if they are nto as good as the full price ones.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

I wondered the same but because I'm not a big drinker, it didn't bother me if they weren't a strong. I didn't feel a difference compared to regular drinks we had (not from the specials), but again I am no expert. :)

Yes, a lot were islandy-type drinks...that's how I tried my first caiphirania (and I KNOW I butchered that spelling).

The reason the drink of the day is a island-type of drink is so "X" can disguise the shortage of booze in the drink!:D

The drinks of the day were wonderful -- not watered down and some were huge -- like the Frozen Margarita. My favorite is the Mudslide, but it must be made with chocolate syrup down the inside of the glass, whipped cream on the top and cherry. Yummmmmy!!! I once got a no-frills mudslide -- no chocolate, whipped cream or cherry -- I sent it back; they got it right after that.... Also, have a "Bahama Mama" -- no shortage of booze in there...

Enjoy...:)

We try a number of the Dailies - fun to try something new unless I Know I dont like that type.

As to the comment about reduced liquor/disgusing the reduction....I don't think so. I'm not an expert, but I've had a daily and then the same drink later in the cruise and it was the same. So if it's 'watered down', its done for all occasions. but I bet not. they aren't something such as a Gin Martini or a straight shot/all liquor drinks because many don't drink those.

Always enjoy a least a few of them.

Denny

The drinks of the day were wonderful -- not watered down and some were huge -- like the Frozen Margarita. My favorite is the Mudslide, but it must be made with chocolate syrup down the inside of the glass, whipped cream on the top and cherry. Yummmmmy!!! I once got a no-frills mudslide -- no chocolate, whipped cream or cherry -- I sent it back; they got it right after that.... Also, have a "Bahama Mama" -- no shortage of booze in there...

Enjoy...:)

LOL, this one was my favorite too, like a 2nd dessert. :)

LOL, this one was my favorite too, like a 2nd dessert. :)

You can also get the Martini version at the Martini Bar (the sophisticated evening version) --:p

Two shots grey goose; one shot Khalua; one shot Bailey's Irish Ceam - shake gently...Yummmy...:) This is known as the "Milky Way Martini"

If the drink of the day is a martini, it's served in a smaller glass so I will give up the special for a full size:D I haven't tried the Milky Way yet so that will have to wait for October. Other than the downsized martinis we never noticed a difference with the drinks of the day.

Sue

Archived