Pics of D5 balcony at the end of hump?

I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a D5 balcony at the end of the hump? (For example, room 8190 or 8590) I know they are slightly larger but was curious as to the exact size. Also, if you have stayed in one of these rooms are there any pros or cons to them.

Thanks so much!!

We just got off the ship on Sat and had cabin 8200 which is in the middle of the hump, the balcony was about double the width of a normal balcony; our Room Attendant was kind enough to get us a lounge chair that fit very nicely with the two other chairs and table.

Hope this helps a little.

DSC00580.jpg.ad3a701a1781ed6602812e917b942f7d.jpg

Langley Cruisers: Thank you for posting that picture. I do appreciate it, however I believe you were in a category D1 and the picture I am looking for is actually of a D5- specifically the very last "hump" room. According to the RCL website rendering and what other posters have said, this particular D5 has a slightly larger balcony than others (but smaller than the D1 you were in). I was just hoping to see exactly how it looks.

We just got off the ship on Sat and had cabin 8200 which is in the middle of the hump, the balcony was about double the width of a normal balcony; our Room Attendant was kind enough to get us a lounge chair that fit very nicely with the two other chairs and table.

When you looked down from your balcony, could you see the life boat? Did it obstruct your view of the ocean looking straight down? Also, we have 4 people traveling in that cabin, was the sofa-bed by the balcony door? I know it will be crowded, but less expensive than 2 balconies.

Also, would you mind adding your information on this cabin to the following thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1093515

Edited by sunnyv

Langley Cruisers: Thank you for posting that picture. I do appreciate it, however I believe you were in a category D1 and the picture I am looking for is actually of a D5- specifically the very last "hump" room. According to the RCL website rendering and what other posters have said, this particular D5 has a slightly larger balcony than others (but smaller than the D1 you were in). I was just hoping to see exactly how it looks.

I've got 8590 booked for same reason but still have a year to wait before seeing it. Have only been able to confirm the balcony is "angled" as it opens out to the D1's behind it - apparently, no one that frequents these boards has stayed in one of them. And I thought it was at the beginning of the hump, not the end...

Hi Vicki,

The lifeboats could be seen but certainly did not block much. We also had four people in our cabin, the main beds equalled a Kingsize and the sofabed equalled a Queen and was next to the balcony. Although it was tight when both were being used I never had any problems getting to the balcony.

I've got 8590 booked for same reason but still have a year to wait before seeing it. Have only been able to confirm the balcony is "angled" as it opens out to the D1's behind it - apparently, no one that frequents these boards has stayed in one of them. And I thought it was at the beginning of the hump, not the end...

I am beginning to get the same impression that perhaps none of the Cruise Critic regulars have booked this room. Oh well, like you said we shall just have to wait and see! Just adds to the excitement of it all. Heck, after having an oceanview cabin on my last cruise (Monarch) any room with a balcony will do!

(and I think you might be right, the room is at the beginning and not the end of the hump! my error :o)

I am beginning to get the same impression that perhaps none of the Cruise Critic regulars have booked this room. Oh well, like you said we shall just have to wait and see! Just adds to the excitement of it all. Heck, after having an oceanview cabin on my last cruise (Monarch) any room with a balcony will do!

(and I think you might be right, the room is at the beginning and not the end of the hump! my error :o)

A CC friend had 9190 on Oasis and yes, it is larger than standard. This is also noted in the Oasis cabin sticky thread.

Due to her recommendations we have booked 8190 on Allure for that reason (and a lower price than adjacent D1s doesn't hurt either). ;)

You're in luck! My wife and I are booked in cabin 10190 for the June 12th, 2010 sailing. I will post pics for you when I return

That would be great! Thanks so much and hope you and your wife have a fabulous time on your upcoming cruise :)

Hey neighbor, small world . We were right next door on the May 8th sailing in 8198:D

This past february we were in a d5. The balcony is slightly bigger as I booked this one thinking I would get all the benefits of a d1 at a d5 price. But to be honest, it felt like the angle was an optical illusion and the extra space gained was minimal. I could see into the d1 next to me and I felt our sizes were nearly identical. I think we were on deck 10 and we had great views. We were on the starboard side. My guess is the d1 next to them was slightly larger. We booked years ago when a d5 was 1400 a person. By sail date a d5 was 2500 so we were happy either way. I think d5 is the way to go if you can't get a d1 at a reasonable price..

Ken

Edited by ken987

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

My DH and I are booked in 10190 on Allure this summer (2017). Was wondering if anyone who has stayed in one of the starting or ending hump rooms has any pictures of the "extra room." If no pictures than what was your impression. The RCI agent made it sound like it was a real find to have one of these hump rooms (btw it is now a D6). Its a little more forward than I usually like so was wondering if I should switch. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are booked in 10206 (D6) on Harmony in April, with my brother and I across the hall in 10207 (C2). From what I've heard, the hump-end cabins have angled balconies, so slightly larger than the others but not as big as a D1. However, if I'm right, I think it's safe to say they're in the same general category as the D2-8's. In our case, 10206 will have a view angled more aft, as it is the aft-most cabin on the forward hump, port side. I myself am anxious to see exactly this looks like.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My family and I were on Harmony in April, and stayed on Deck 10. While my brother and I were in in a category C2 Central Park Balcony (10207), our parents were directly across the hall in 10206, which is the last cabin on the forward hump, port side. I believe this particular cabin was a D6 category, but it is the exact same layout as the D5's in this same location on other decks. The balcony was slightly angled and gave great views towards the aft of the ship. Overall a good cabin selection. Here are some pictures from the balcony of 10206. My trip report in my signature has several pictures from the interior and balcony of both 10206 and 10207, as well as the ship itself. BTW - 10206 has the bed by the balcony, and upon research, I believe its counterpart 10190 on the forward end of the port side hump does as well. Therefore, 10590 and 10606 on the starboard side have the bed by the closet (Oasis/Allure) or bed by the bathroom on Harmony due to the fact that Harmony's cabins have 2 small closets on the wall with the bed and couch (one on either side of whichever one is closest to the door, as rotating in each cabin), as opposed to one large one on the wall facing the bathroom. I think it is safe to assume this setup is the same for the cabins ending in -90 and -06 on the other decks as well. I hope this helps anyone who may be on the fence about booking one of these cabins!

74c2d89c3075cd8ac7c3e265d75bb873.jpgc04265e4c8eb413bf397a6b17a557b40.jpgcecf12de07db1ec3efcc6474530719d4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by CreativeCruiser119