Favorite vacation cruise drink

gtouch

I love Kiss on the Lips. Does anybody knows whats in it???

Put 1T of grenadine in glass, blend frozen mango (I buy mango juice or nectar and freeze it in ice cube trays) with peach schnapps and pour over grenadine. That's how I make it anyway.

Morning - A lot of coffee and pastries in cabin, then off to find a Mimosa

Drink before dinner - Crown and Coke

Dinner - Wine

Nighty nighttime - Decaf coffee and Bailey's

Rest of the day - lots of club soda and bottled water

None of this is very original, but it's a cruising tradition for me!

My favorite drink is a frozen Midori sour. Carnival makes them perfectly. I have yet to find anyone who makes them even close to as good as Carnival does it. At about $8 a drink, there is definately no bang for your buck there. But I'm on vacation, I don't worry about it.

My absolute favorite "cruise" drink of all time was the Funky Monkey but none of the bartenders on the last two cruises we've taken have known how to make it. :confused:

I know it has chocolate liquor, banana liquor, vodka, and some other stuff (maybe malibu?) mixed with ice cream/ half & half but haven't remembered to look up a recipe and take it with us yet.

My DH and I had these when we were in Jamaica for our honeymoon and I had to know how to make them. So, I share the bartender's recipe from The Caves, in Negril, Jamaica:

1 shot Rum(they used Mt Gay)

1 shot creme de banane

3/4 shot creme de cacao

3 oz coconut milk

1 banana

blend with ice until smooth, float 1/2 shot on top of shake, and enjoy:D

Morning - A lot of coffee and pastries in cabin, then off to find a Mimosa

Drink before dinner - Crown and Coke

Dinner - Wine

Nighty nighttime - Decaf coffee and Bailey's

Rest of the day - lots of club soda and bottled water

None of this is very original, but it's a cruising tradition for me!

I love Mimosa's or any type of champagne cocktail.

Do you think I'll be able to get a Mimosa at the lobby bar on Dream? It looks very convenient to our room location (deck 2) :D

Mine was the POG and Stoli and Screwdrivers we were making in our our cabin each morning. Damn if that isn't the way to start a day. Not sure why I always forget about the Long Island's. It may be my brain going into self-preservation mode. They can be dangerous.

Only drink on cruises and then very moderately these days.

Love Dos Equis or Bud Light . . . makes no sense, I agree, but an ice cold beer with the condensation streaming down the side of the bottle on a hot humid Caribbean day just does it for me. :)

. . . throw in the beautiful view and aroma of the sea . . . ah, tho Paradise were enow. :D

I love Mimosa's or any type of champagne cocktail.

Do you think I'll be able to get a Mimosa at the lobby bar on Dream? It looks very convenient to our room location (deck 2) :D

Sure you will, and on CCL ships, Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's are on special every day until noon for $4.95 (that is unless the price has gone up since I sailed in January).:D

My absolute favorite "cruise" drink of all time was the Funky Monkey but none of the bartenders on the last two cruises we've taken have known how to make it. :confused:

I know it has chocolate liquor, banana liquor, vodka, and some other stuff (maybe malibu?) mixed with ice cream/ half & half but haven't remembered to look up a recipe and take it with us yet.

That sounds very similar to the ingredients of my favorite cruise drink the Dirty Banana. Mmmm, so good. I would suggest you try one on your next cruise.

As for a more powerful drink, I love an ice cold apple martini.

Archived