No More Bon Voyage Liqure

AZchieffan

However something had to have happened to facilitate this change.. Especially since they have cut out room delivery (bottle) all together. Now you dont have to be a rocket scientist to assume it was something bad. Either bottom line money wise, someone being hurt (or a close call), or someone being the innocent bystander. The reason couldnt have been everyone was enjoying themselves in an orderly manner taking advantage of the bar drinks and or tended bar environment.

Did this something had to have happened recently? Not the big one but something that "broke the camels back". Maybe it was part of a 3 month study of all incidents in general.

Dont know, however someone high up the food chain decided based on something it was a good idea at the time.

Sorry, but your reasoning is illogical. If I have read through this thread correctly, you can still get champagne, wine and beer through BV.....just not hard liquor. And trust and believe when I say that those other alcohols can make you get just as "stupid" when consumed in excessive quantities as liquor can. :eek:

And your point is? Does it make my views or expressions any less valid? I haven't seen the inside of a crocodiles mouth yet I know I dont want to.

I can "assume" all I want based on what I read. Is there something constructive you wanted to bring to the conversation?

Yes, it does make your views less valid. If you have never used this service and never cruised is it difficult to lend as much weight to your views as someone who has cruised dozens of times. I don't go to a Harley chatroom and talk Hogs, because I don't own one.

Yes, it does make your views less valid. If you have never used this service and never cruised is it difficult to lend as much weight to your views as someone who has cruised dozens of times. I don't go to a Harley chatroom and talk Hogs, because I don't own one.

My views however are just that. Mine. Im not telling you "THIS HAPPENED", im not saying anywhere what I type is fact or you should read it as such.

Im offereing a different view and one not skewed by the experience of it. Im an outsider looking in.

So you can still have an interest in buying one and want to know can you get this and what happens if this happens and hey if they make them in Japan you would never buy one. And you still dont have to have one.

And your point is? Does it make my views or expressions any less valid? I haven't seen the inside of a crocodiles mouth yet I know I dont want to.

I can "assume" all I want based on what I read. Is there something constructive you wanted to bring to the conversation?

I guess you come across as throwing fuel on the fire. For you to get so involved in a discussion that does matter to many repeat cruisers and your arguements are all based on heresay, makes you appear as one who likes to stir the coals.

Pat

Sorry, but your reasoning is illogical. If I have read through this thread correctly, you can still get champagne, wine and beer through BV.....just not hard liquor. And trust and believe when I say that those other alcohols can make you get just as "stupid" when consumed in excessive quantities as liquor can. :eek:

I believe and would need clarification once (on an equally weighted person) the hard stuff will get you plastered faster using same size comparisons?

Meaning it takes one shot to get you to .1 and there are 20 shots to a bottle as opposed to one glass gets you to .1 and there are only 2 glasses in a bottle. (Just estimating and giving an example please do not overly analyze my figures)

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Power Strips,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't plugging in a lot of stuff.

THEN THEY CAME for the Hair Irons,

and I didn't speak up because I didnt have hair to straighten out.

THEN THEY CAME for the Bon Voyage Liqour,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't planning on buying that alcohol anyways.

THEN THEY CAME for me

and by that time no one was left to speak up."

I guess you come across as throwing fuel on the fire. For you to get so involved in a discussion that does matter to many repeat cruisers and your arguements are all based on heresay, makes you appear as one who likes to stir the coals.

Pat

How so? Where have I said Great idea you guys shouldn't be drinking? Please feel free to search my past posts on this subject.

I even said I would like to know the reason why. Especially after they removed the ability to even order a bottle after the cruise starts.....

Seems extreme so now we are discussing why/how they may have came to that decision. Ive also stated (another thread) it may be better to cordially formulate responses instead of all the "I will leave if this is not changed"...

Sorry no stoaking coals here.

How so? Where have I said Great idea you guys shouldn't be drinking? Please feel free to search my past posts on this subject.

I even said I would like to know the reason why. Especially after they removed the ability to even order a bottle after the cruise starts.....

Seems extreme so now we are discussing why/how they may have came to that decision. Ive also stated (another thread) it may be better to cordially formulate responses instead of all the "I will leave if this is not changed"...

Sorry no stoaking coals here.

I do agree with you about the cordial email. I sent an email, but no need to be nasty about it. Honestly, if this no BV holds up I will be pissed, but I will still sail Carnival.......

Why don't all of the ships have them? What are they stocked with?

The Fantasy class (the oldest class of ships that Carnival has now) was made before it was fashionable to have a min frig in the rooms. On this class only the suites have them (there are a couple of other ships that do not as well). It was a kind of after a point in time type of thing.

You will really tax my memory on what is in them, first off they are small and more of a cooler in that they don't get really cold. There is wine (small individual size), couple of beers, soda, some mixers, to be honest....I can't really remember what hard booze there was....:o

Well, this is a bit of a bummer. We just returned from 9 nights on the Destiny where we had purchased 4 bottles from Bon Voyage. This was our first experience with this, as I never knew it was available, and I guess it was also our last. Its probably no coincidence that our S&S bill at the end was the smallest it has ever been, probably because I was making my own drinks instead of paying Carnival for theirs...

Despite all the theories as to why the change, to me the only one that carries any weight is dollars and cents.

I believe and would need clarification once (on an equally weighted person) the hard stuff will get you plastered faster using same size comparisons?

Meaning it takes one shot to get you to .1 and there are 20 shots to a bottle as opposed to one glass gets you to .1 and there are only 2 glasses in a bottle. (Just estimating and giving an example please do not overly analyze my figures)

Well, I took on this challenge so here goes......

12 ounces of beer (350 ml) , 5 ounces of wine (150 ml) , and 1.5 ounces of liquor (44 ml) all contain the same amount of alcohol which is 13.6 grams. Those are the U.S. standard sizes. So no.....based on standard size comparisons, the hard stuff does not get you plastered faster. And gender plays a role due to the fact that men actually are comprised of more water weight than women are. 150 pound male can consume 2 standard size drinks and their BAC is 0.054. Female of the same weight would have a BAC of 0.066.

I do agree with you about the cordial email. I sent an email, but no need to be nasty about it. Honestly, if this no BV holds up I will be pissed, but I will still sail Carnival.......

And I agree as well. I've never stated I would not sail Carnival again-I love the cruising lifestyle which is why i have achieved platinum status with Carnival and working on milestone. I also feel this is a dollars and cents issue but wish Carnival would take into consideration how many cruisers enjoy having cocktails in there room. I guess they better be ready to step-up the room service dept. as more and more people will be ordering drinks from room service. If you take one service away, they better be ready to enhance another one to replace that service.

Pat

To supplement my point about this being a dollars and cents issue, I'm not sure why they didnt just raise the price from BV. I would have gladly paid $50-60 a bottle instead of $40. Then again, this seems to be an easy solution for Carnival, which makes me think maybe there is more to the decision than just money...

Well, I took on this challenge so here goes......

12 ounces of beer (350 ml) , 5 ounces of wine (150 ml) , and 1.5 ounces of liquor (44 ml) all contain the same amount of alcohol which is 13.6 grams. Those are the U.S. standard sizes. So no.....based on standard size comparisons, the hard stuff does not get you plastered faster. And gender plays a role due to the fact that men actually are comprised of more water weight than women are. 150 pound male can consume 2 standard size drinks and their BAC is 0.054. Female of the same weight would have a BAC of 0.066.

Im sorry bunny and I was probably not as clear as I could have been.

"Meaning it takes one shot to get you to .1 and there are 20 shots to a bottle as opposed to one glass gets you to .1 and there are only 2 glasses in a bottle. (Just estimating and giving an example please do not overly analyze my figures)"

So with a full bottle of wine as opposed to a full bottle of bourbon. How many servings is in the beer provided as is in the wine provided as was in the hard stuff provided.

Ounce for ounce it will.... meaning if you are alotted to drink 100 ounces of beer or 100 ounces of bourbon which would have an effect on you faster/easier?

Sorry I wasnt as clear as I meant to be.

The Fantasy class (the oldest class of ships that Carnival has now) was made before it was fashionable to have a min frig in the rooms. On this class only the suites have them (there are a couple of other ships that do not as well). It was a kind of after a point in time type of thing.

You will really tax my memory on what is in them, first off they are small and more of a cooler in that they don't get really cold. There is wine (small individual size), couple of beers, soda, some mixers, to be honest....I can't really remember what hard booze there was....:o

I had a suite on the Imagination and it didn't have a mini bar.

So you have a problem with a company located in a country known for it's free market economy trying to maximize their profits?

That is quite insane.

I'm just saying....

Andy

:cool::confused:

What are you just saying? I have a problem when these companies go so far to maximize profits that they start to nickel and dime their customers to the extremes. Even loyal customers get fed up after awhile. You can make money without constantly devising schemes to squeeze more money out of loyal patrons. Carnival is not the only cruiseline...they do not have a monopoly on cruising. And, a know many people are addicted to cruising but many aren't so those that aren't would choose to explore other vacation options if they feel like the cruise industry is getting too greedy for the services rendered! Not everyone that says they will explore options are blowing smoke. I just think if you're going to discontinue such a popular service you really need to provide some kind of warning. And yes, they do have the right to make changes but some changes will cause more of an outcry than others...this is a major change.

If you don't drink and don't understand the uproar that's fine. No need to pat yourself on the back because you aren't upset over this. Just know that many people ARE upset over this and if enough chose to bail out of cruising Carnival in the future it will affect your cruise rates. This is a big deal!

Im sorry bunny and I was probably not as clear as I could have been.

"Meaning it takes one shot to get you to .1 and there are 20 shots to a bottle as opposed to one glass gets you to .1 and there are only 2 glasses in a bottle. (Just estimating and giving an example please do not overly analyze my figures)"

So with a full bottle of wine as opposed to a full bottle of bourbon. How many servings is in the beer provided as is in the wine provided as was in the hard stuff provided.

Ounce for ounce it will.... meaning if you are alotted to drink 100 ounces of beer or 100 ounces of bourbon which would have an effect on you faster/easier?

Sorry I wasnt as clear as I meant to be.

100 ounces of beer is approximately 8 beers...... 100 ounces of liquor is 4 FIFTHS. At that point it would be moot as you would probably be dead.

Archived