Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

Dont want to talk to you in 114 days. Why do you take it WAAAAAAAAY over there going to extremes when we are just discussing something?

Are you saying I didnt read it? Are you saying the person that posted it didnt see it? Are you saying it doesnt happen? What exactly are you saying?

I am saying you have no experience, so all your opinions are coming from 2nd hand info and conjecture. I respect your right to have your own opinions and defend them as you see fit, but I believe much of the information you are using to formulate those opinions are skewed, as the info you have is really only other peoples conjecture. I just think you will have a little better bearing on the issues once you have experienced them yourself.

Good question. This issue needs clarification. Can you still order liquor through Guest Services AFTER embarkation? (Maybe it is just BV that is affected? I know some ports already had limitations on BV).

I called the Bon Voyage Department this morning and tried to order a bottle of liquor for our cabin and was told of the new policy. I asked if we could still order a bottle from room service once on board and was told that we could. I then said I didn't mean a drink from room service, but a whole bottle, because I wanted her to state that again, so there was no confusion about what I was asking. And she said she understood and that yes, "a whole bottle could be ordered from room service".

Also, Host Mac, when I commented in an earlier post, about the new policy being discriminatory, I wasn't referring to the big concept of that word. I only meant that Carnival is giving preferential treatment to those who enjoy a merlot on their balcony as opposed to those who enjoy a gin & tonic. The merlot crowd can still have their choice of beverage waiting for them. The gin & tonic crowd cannot.

I called the Bon Voyage Department this morning and tried to order a bottle of liquor for our cabin and was told of the new policy. I asked if we could still order a bottle from room service once on board and was told that we could. I then said I didn't mean a drink from room service, but a whole bottle, because I wanted her to state that again, so there was no confusion about what I was asking. And she said she understood and that yes, "a whole bottle could be ordered from room service".

Also, Host Mac, when I commented in an earlier post, about the new policy being discriminatory, I wasn't referring to the big concept of that word. I only meant that Carnival is giving preferential treatment to those who enjoy a merlot on their balcony as opposed to those who enjoy a gin & tonic. The merlot crowd can still have their choice of beverage waiting for them. The gin & tonic crowd cannot.

So really, the only change is that you have to pay the %15 grat on the bottles, interesting.

I am saying you have no experience, so all your opinions are coming from 2nd hand info and conjecture. I respect your right to have your own opinions and defend them as you see fit, but I believe much of the information you are using to formulate those opinions are skewed, as the info you have is really only other peoples conjecture. I just think you will have a little better bearing on the issues once you have experienced them yourself.

Oh I got ya. It seemed like you were asking me to "go away" until such time that I could provide my own first experience in which I will.. ;)

However what happens (;) ) If I come back with the worse experience ever? It still does not make it the norm correct? Hence the reason I take all the 2nd hand conjecture from everyone and formulate an opinion.

I could come back and say I didn't see anyone drinking anything.... Still doesnt change the fact that other people do.

For one, you release that liability when you sign the terms and conditions of the Carnival contract. And also, if they were concerned about liability issues why would they have bars all over the ship slinging drinks as fast as they can? Have you EVER seen someone get cut off at a onboard bar? I haven't....

I've seen someone have their S and S card frozen for the remainder of the cruise because that person was deemed by the check-in people to be extremely intoxicated upon returning to the ship from an outing in Key West. It was all Irish Kevin's fault! :D

Those liability releases are cute and make people feel good, but truth is, they don't hold up in court very well. It releases them from liability if you do something stupid, but if they don't do something they should do, the liability release doesn't hold up in court at all.

But this is a change in policy...so what they have done in the past is irrelevant. If this is something they are now more concerned about and it is in fact a risk management decision, then I am sure they will begin being more proactive in cutting people off at the bars.

There is also the element that they want the drinking to occur in the open, rather than someone possibly sitting alone in their room, drinking an entire bottle of tequila and then passing out and possibly dying. By putting those people out in the open, it allows for better monitoring.

I wonder if any of this ties in with the seemingly-increasing number of people who are either falling or jumping off the ship in the past year or two. :confused: Could that be alcohol-in-room related?

I hope this is the case. I've seen some conflicting statements about the room service. Lets hope that Carnival will shed some light on it soon.

Interesting. Some of us should call BV and ask the same questions you asked (and the way you asked them) to see if different BV reps will give the same answer. Perhaps, the only issue is the tip that service personnel were not getting when passengers ordered thru Bon Voyage? But, on second thought, since wine is still available thru BV......hmmmm?:confused:

I hope this is the case. I've seen some conflicting statements about the room service. Lets hope that Carnival will shed some light on it soon.

I wouldnt count on anything every coming out confirming this in print or on the website.They have never advertised liquor bottle purchases from BV or from room service, so unlikely they would start now.

Oh I got ya. It seemed like you were asking me to "go away" until such time that I could provide my own first experience in which I will.. ;)

However what happens (;) ) If I come back with the worse experience ever? It still does not make it the norm correct? Hence the reason I take all the 2nd hand conjecture from everyone and formulate an opinion.

I could come back and say I didn't see anyone drinking anything.... Still doesnt change the fact that other people do.

No, deffinetly don't go away:). Hopefully you will have a great cruise, but if you have certain issues you might find some of these threads more interesting. Chair Hogs, DOD's, balconies, hot tub issues, kids, canival pins (?), scrapbooking classes, literally a million different things that either matter or don't matter at all depending what your experiences/interests are......

And if you have a terrible cruise, then you will have TONS of stuff to talk about!

I have cruised for 10 years, I still see threads with peoples issues and think "how can anyone care about that?" Each to their own.....

I just got off the phone with BV and they said yes, you can order a bottle to your room BUT it will be delivered the last night.. It is not for consumption during the cruise...

On the phone with another rep and she is saying not even able to order any bottles of liquor.. ONLY Wine and that is pre cruise.. Can order single drinks through room service.. That is it.. Nothing more, nothing less she said

.......I called the Bon Voyage Department this morning and tried to order a bottle of liquor for our cabin and was told of the new policy. I asked if we could still order a bottle from room service once on board and was told that we could. I then said I didn't mean a drink from room service, but a whole bottle, because I wanted her to state that again, so there was no confusion about what I was asking. And she said she understood and that yes, "a whole bottle could be ordered from room service"........

I just got off the phone with BV dept and you can NOT order a bottle of Liquor through Room Service or through the BV dept anymore.... only drinks

.......I called the Bon Voyage Department this morning and tried to order a bottle of liquor for our cabin and was told of the new policy. I asked if we could still order a bottle from room service once on board and was told that we could. I then said I didn't mean a drink from room service, but a whole bottle, because I wanted her to state that again, so there was no confusion about what I was asking. And she said she understood and that yes, "a whole bottle could be ordered from room service"........

I just got off the phone with BV dept and you can NOT order a bottle of Liquor through Room Service or through the BV dept anymore.... only drinks

The buying of the bottle isn't the issue. You can buy a bottle anytime at the giftshop. Its when you can drink it, i.e. not til the last night on board.....

Interesting. Some of us should call BV and ask the same questions you asked (and the way you asked them) to see if different BV reps will give the same answer. Perhaps, the only issue is the tip that service personnel were not getting when passengers ordered thru Bon Voyage? But, on second thought, since wine is still available thru BV......hmmmm?:confused:

Or they would rather have bottles or liquor show up as onboard purchases rather than precruise purchases.:confused:

This time I got the name of the person I spoke to. I'm not sure about CC rules, so I won't publish her name. She said the first person I talked to was wrong and you cannot order a bottle from room service once onboard, so the first person I talked to lied. And I will use that strong a word because I made her tell me several times that it was OK. So, apparently, she was just trying to tell me something to get me off the phone. And with the first call, I was very polite and friendly and in no way let on I knew anything about all of this. In my second call I probed a bit further, asking who I could contact and was, of course, given the same email address that everyone here has. I said I wanted something else because no one is getting a response from that email address and she said there was no one else to contact.

At the very least, if BV alcohol is gone, I want a legitimate reason for this decision. And not some corporate toe the line BS. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And whoever is responsible for this must have been on vacation during the powerstrip uproar. :rolleyes:

I agree with everyone here that I don't understand this decision at all. Someone somewhere decided that this was best for the company, so they made the change.

Having said that, I'm curious as to what "legitimate" reason you, or anyone else, would accept. I'm not trying to single out TortieGal at all, it just seems that this is the prevailing attitude. I think what everyone is trying to say is that they don't agree with the decision, and the only thing they will accept is reversal. If you are truly vehemently opposed to the decision then there is no reason that you will accept as "legitimate."

It may be a puzzling decision, but I can guarantee someone had their own reasons for implementing it. Let's not pretend that there is any explanation that will be accepted by the general public. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with petitioning Carnival to reverse the policy. :D

This time I got the name of the person I spoke to. I'm not sure about CC rules, so I won't publish her name. She said the first person I talked to was wrong and you cannot order a bottle from room service once onboard, so the first person I talked to lied. And I will use that strong a word because I made her tell me several times that it was OK. So, apparently, she was just trying to tell me something to get me off the phone. And with the first call, I was very polite and friendly and in no way let on I knew anything about all of this. In my second call I probed a bit further, asking who I could contact and was, of course, given the same email address that everyone here has. I said I wanted something else because no one is getting a response from that email address and she said there was no one else to contact.

Usually its a case of incompetence or the person not fully understanding the exact policy. While she could have lied, telling you the truth, if she knew it, wouldnt have taken a second longer.

If you get anything back it will be a form letter, since so many are emailing, I doubt they are going to attempt to address each letter.

This was just posted on the board on the Carnival site - forums, Seeking Carnvial Assistance:

I am still awaiting details on this change and as soon as I have it I will post in the "Policy Update" forum.

In the meantime, please keep in mind that, as I have advised on numerous occasions, I share all of your comments from these boards and others with upper management and have done so in this case as well. There is no need to fan flames. Thank you.

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

So maybe this is the place to voice concerns - I did!

Jeez, I doubt the girl LIED to you. She just probably didnt know better. It seems the rules are changing daily so maybe she's just misinformed.

Exactly, it YOU do something stupid. Like drink too much and fall off the ship. If they see you go over and don't try to rescue you it's THEIR fault, but you falling over because you are drunk is YOUR fault (assuming you are of legal drinking age.)

Right, but what if YOU do all that drinking, fall over a rail and land on top of another guest and seriously injure that guest. That guest will obviously come after you, but they would also have an ability to come after the cruise line.

Similarly, if God forbid you get hit by a drunk driver, there would likely be cause for legal action not only against the driver, but also whomever was serving him/her the alcohol and permitted them to get in the car.

I understand that the potential hole is the enforcement at the bars on the ship, but again, since this is a new policy, are you certain that they aren't also changing the enforcement on the ship?

Jeez, I doubt the girl LIED to you. She just probably didnt know better. It seems the rules are changing daily so maybe she's just misinformed.

I agree, it was a little strong to say the employee knowingly lied to her. But she is entitled to her opinion.

I would think with a policy change this contentious, that the powers that be would have briefed in detail all of their representatives as to the policy.

Archived