Just back from the Journey May 16-23 sailing

lkmamom

I admit, I love cruising and this was my 11th. I have to say, it was by far our family's best yet. We found Azamara to be a fabulous cruise line in every single way. I plan to write a review but just wanted to say thanks to all that helped with my many questions. The staff are just the greatest, and the food was delicious in every way (in particular the Prime C). We enjoyed the different wines each evening, and felt the complimentary wines were very good. Now if I can just recover from this jet lag!

Linda

We too have just returned from this absolutely fabulous cruise on Journey. This was one of the best, if not the best of our 25+ cruises. The crew was so welcoming, the food was incredible, the wines and all the extras a wonderful addition and the itinerary dreamlike. We loved everything about Azamara and it exceeded our expectations.

This all sounds so good - look forward to your reviews and glad you had a good trip. I think all the hard work by Azamara staff both on board and on shore is beginning to pay off

I admit, I love cruising and this was my 11th. I have to say, it was by far our family's best yet. We found Azamara to be a fabulous cruise line in every single way. I plan to write a review but just wanted to say thanks to all that helped with my many questions. The staff are just the greatest, and the food was delicious in every way (in particular the Prime C). We enjoyed the different wines each evening, and felt the complimentary wines were very good. Now if I can just recover from this jet lag!

Linda

Great to hear you enjoyed the cruise.

Can you tell us who are the current captain/CD/Hotel director are ?

I am so glad that you both had a fabulous time. We have enjoyed the Journey twice and the Quest once. It's nice to read that others have also had wonderful experiences.

Apparently Azamara has been luring away CD's from Seabourn. Russ Grieve for Quest and Erick Degray for Journey. You can go over to Seabourn site and check out "Erik resigns" for great reviews of these two.

Linda

We too have just returned from this absolutely fabulous cruise on Journey. This was one of the best, if not the best of our 25+ cruises. The crew was so welcoming, the food was incredible, the wines and all the extras a wonderful addition and the itinerary dreamlike. We loved everything about Azamara and it exceeded our expectations.

Hi Lkmamom & Sheffer !

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. I'm happy to hear you had a great time onboard Azamara Journey. Welcome Home !

I also just returned from this cruise.

It truly was a wonderful experience and I would recomend Azamara to anyone!

It was great.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer.

If Azamara has hired 2 new CD , then where are Tony Markey and John Howell? Also, where are Heike Berdos and Philip Herbert?

I just posted a review for anyone interested for my back to back on Journey May 2 to the 16th. Tony and Heike are still there and as fabulous as always.

I just posted a review for anyone interested for my back to back on Journey May 2 to the 16th. Tony and Heike are still there and as fabulous as always.

I don't see it yet. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks.

sorry, I think they had not posted it yet. Little premature on my part.

Thanks for posting it...I enjoyed reading it.:) Good work on the upgrade!

Ikmamom, thanks for starting the thread ... it's great to read such positive comments from all on this thread who have recently returned!

Thanks for posting it...I enjoyed reading it.:) Good work on the upgrade!

Ikmamom, thanks for starting the thread ... it's great to read such positive comments from all on this thread who have recently returned!

thanks! I hoped it was not terribly boring...I had trouble finding time to do it but I had promised. I think we need to get some positive stuff about Azamara on here as it seems I had heard to much negativity and negativity breeds more negativity.

thanks! I hoped it was not terribly boring...I had trouble finding time to do it but I had promised. I think we need to get some positive stuff about Azamara on here as it seems I had heard to much negativity and negativity breeds more negativity.

Interesting you say that Wookeef. While at dinner one night we had a conversation with our assistant waiter. My husband told him that he had read some negative press on cruise critic (he told us he had never heard of cruise critic). My husband said he had no idea how anyone could criticize anything, we loved every part of our cruise. This young man was destined for success and moving up in my opinion. He answered my husband by saying he thought that was okay. He said it is their goal at Azamara to provide the best possible experience for their passengers and that they need to hear the negative and try to improve on their product. I truly got the impression those were not just words but how the staff on that ship really want things to be for the company they work for. This guy had "star" written all over him and I wrote that all over our end of cruise form. I have never experienced a staff who really worked together as they did on Azamara, for the common good.

Linda

Interesting you say that Wookeef. While at dinner one night we had a conversation with our assistant waiter. My husband told him that he had read some negative press on cruise critic (he told us he had never heard of cruise critic). My husband said he had no idea how anyone could criticize anything, we loved every part of our cruise. This young man was destined for success and moving up in my opinion. He answered my husband by saying he thought that was okay. He said it is their goal at Azamara to provide the best possible experience for their passengers and that they need to hear the negative and try to improve on their product. I truly got the impression those were not just words but how the staff on that ship really want things to be for the company they work for. This guy had "star" written all over him and I wrote that all over our end of cruise form. I have never experienced a staff who really worked together as they did on Azamara, for the common good.

Linda

Oh I totally agree, it seemed like everyone had a true desire to do their job well. They were a joy and I hope that I can sail on them again in a few years.

Oh I totally agree, it seemed like everyone had a true desire to do their job well. They were a joy and I hope that I can sail on them again in a few years.

WooKeef,

Thanks for your balanced review.

Once again, I am glad to read some positive things of late as we get ready for our Sept. Quest cruise.

Archived