Conceriege's lounge on liberty

And Mario knows his cruisers. When he was the C/L concierge on our cruise, he welcomed me by my name when he first met me. A little scary, since I hadn't met him before that.:eek:

Most good Concierge's know who you are before you come through the door as they access the picture taken of you for your SeaPass as you get oboard..When DH and I first came in he asked where are the kids (adult age) and what do they like to drink !!! Wow we were impressed and so were they when they walked through the door :D

The Concierge was just doing his job. If he let your friend in then he would have had to let everyone with a non-Diamond friend in.........and this will create an overcrowding problem.

Another Concierge just following the rules. I'm sure it was the stroller.:p

I know he was just doing his job and I wasn't complaining about it. Just telling what happened to me as others have asked about it.

And Mario knows his cruisers. When he was the C/L concierge on our cruise, he welcomed me by my name when he first met me. A little scary, since I hadn't met him before that.:eek:

I agree with you 100%. Mario is the best concierge we have had on any RC ship and there are a lot of good ones out there. He stands out because like you said, he knows his cruisers. He also does everything possible to make you happy if he can.

He really does not like it when he has to tell someone they cannot do something but he is one that follows the rules and does not play favorites.

Most good Concierge's know who you are before you come through the door as they access the picture taken of you for your SeaPass as you get oboard..When DH and I first came in he asked where are the kids (adult age) and what do they like to drink !!! Wow we were impressed and so were they when they walked through the door :D

That sounds just like him. This would make him so happy to know he has made a difference in someone's cruise and people complimented him. :) He works so hard and really goes beyond his call of duty.

sounds like Mario is being judged on how well he enforces the rules that rccl requires...so in simple terms the man is doing his job...we'll still use it and enjoy it...even if it's for a quick cup of coffee and dansih in the morning or a quick beer or drink with some hous da vours before showering for dinner...we take 2nd seating...it's a great little perk the rccl has made available to past cruisers...as far a mario looking at our pictures and if he can remember all of our names that is SIMPLY FANTASTIC...i hope he is there when i walk into the dimond lounge on 14th saturday the 19th of march 2011...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I am Diamond and will be on Liberty of the Seas next April out of Barcelona sharing an inside cabin with my sister who has never cruised before. I also wondered if she would be able to accompany me into the Diamond Lounge but it seems strict. But since it only seems manned at breakfast time and Happy hour, could she come in through the day for coffee and internet etc? and if we were there before happy hour (say 3.30pm), and before the concierge arrived, would we be questioned whilst already in the lounge if went to get a drink?? Just asking as again dont want to cause embarassment for me or my friend:)Hollyanna

both the Diamond Lounge and Conceirge Lounge has a representative of RCCL there at the morning breakfast time and happy hour.

Don't kill me but if two people are traveling in the same cabin and one is a Diamond member and the other isn;t they are allowed in the lounge. What would they tell a husband and wife if one was and one wasn't - no you can't come in?

both the Diamond Lounge and Conceirge Lounge has a representative of RCCL there at the morning breakfast time and happy hour.

Don't kill me but if two people are traveling in the same cabin and one is a Diamond member and the other isn;t they are allowed in the lounge. What would they tell a husband and wife if one was and one wasn't - no you can't come in?

A husband or wife is automatically at the same C&A level as their spouse. If you are Diamond, your husband is Diamond and vice versa.....so no problem.

We were on Liberty a few months ago and during the 5-8 happy hour the Diamond Lounge was very, very crowded with people arriving before 5pm to get in and get a seat. I can understand the need for strict rules regarding guests, babies, kids, etc..

A husband or wife is automatically at the same C&A level as their spouse. If you are Diamond, your husband is Diamond and vice versa.....so no problem.

We were on Liberty a few months ago and during the 5-8 happy hour the Diamond Lounge was very, very crowded with people arriving before 5pm to get in and get a seat. I can understand the need for strict rules regarding guests, babies, kids, etc..

This is not what I was told. I was told that if the wife was Diamond and the husband was not, then he could not use the lounge. As I said in a previous post, I inquired when I recently was on the Liberty with a friend (sharing the cabin) who was not allowed in the lounge. I was told anyone, including spouses, was excluded if they are not Diamond status themselves.

I don't know what to tell you - if you asked 100 people on this board you would get different answers - plus it all depends on the Concierge. My last cruise there were only 6 Diamond Plus in the Concierge Lounge plus suite guests!~ No Diamond Lounge

This is not what I was told. I was told that if the wife was Diamond and the husband was not, then he could not use the lounge. As I said in a previous post, I inquired when I recently was on the Liberty with a friend (sharing the cabin) who was not allowed in the lounge. I was told anyone, including spouses, was excluded if they are not Diamond status themselves.

Diamond Members do not have Concierge Lounge Privileges, only Diamond Plus.

Hi - I am Diamond and will be on Liberty of the Seas next April out of Barcelona sharing an inside cabin with my sister who has never cruised before. I also wondered if she would be able to accompany me into the Diamond Lounge but it seems strict. But since it only seems manned at breakfast time and Happy hour, could she come in through the day for coffee and internet etc? and if we were there before happy hour (say 3.30pm), and before the concierge arrived, would we be questioned whilst already in the lounge if went to get a drink?? Just asking as again dont want to cause embarassment for me or my friend:)Hollyanna

You might be questioned and, frankly, you should be. That's how diamond members got booted out of the CL in the first place - too many people bringing in friends, relatives, whatever, who had not earned the privilege, making for overcrowded conditions for those who did belong. I know your sister is just one person, but multiply that by the number of others who would like to bring just one guest and you have a mess.

I am Diamond and my friend is not. Recently on the LOS the concierge Mario had a list of all members allowed to use the lounge(14th floor). He came right out and told me that she could not come in even though we were sharing the same cabin. If you try to sneak in I hope you have better luck than I did.

Mario is a great concierge. We've had him before, but he is very strict with the rules and he will enforce them. Hi Mario:D

Like I said, Mario is a very good and conscientious concierge in the Diamond Lounge of the Liberty of the Seas. He would not allow your friend in (who was not Diamond) BUT believe me, he would have allowed a spouse in. If you're married and you live at the same address you both will have the same privileges. If you are Diamond and spouse is Platinum, but you are married and live at the same address, then your spouse becomes Diamond also.

Like I said, Mario is a very good and conscientious concierge in the Diamond Lounge of the Liberty of the Seas. He would not allow your friend in (who was not Diamond) BUT believe me, he would have allowed a spouse in. If you're married and you live at the same address you both will have the same privileges. If you are Diamond and spouse is Platinum, but you are married and live at the same address, then your spouse becomes Diamond also.

Can you imagine the reprecussions if one spouse was allowed in and the other wasn't?:eek:

On our recent Liberty cruise, my recently married daughter, who is diamond, had "diamond" printed on her seapass. Her husband, who was at platinum level, had "platinium" printed on his seapass. When they checked in for the cruise, he was told to go up to guest services and they would put a "diamond" sticker on his card. He then got all the "diamond" perks. I told him that was just another one of the many advantages of marrying my daughter! haha

on our recent liberty cruise, my recently married daughter, who is diamond, had "diamond" printed on her seapass. Her husband, who was at platinum level, had "platinium" printed on his seapass. When they checked in for the cruise, he was told to go up to guest services and they would put a "diamond" sticker on his card. He then got all the "diamond" perks. I told him that was just another one of the many advantages of marrying my daughter! Haha

That's a great story and a good example that the highest level in the marriage is recognized.

So Mario is in the Conceirge Lounge - who is in the Diamond Lounge! I prefer the Diamond Lounge on the Liberty to the Conceirge.

Mario was in the diamond lounge on 5/23, then he had 1 more week until his vacation. I can't remember how many weeks he said he'd be off, but he was very excited to be going home for his daughter's 9th birthday!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I like to drink wine only. Can someone tell me what are some of the wineries being poured in the CL. I will be on the LOS.

Thanks

PS dose anyone have PICs of the CL?

Thanks again

Jacqueline

Don't kill me but if two people are traveling in the same cabin and one is a Diamond member and the other isn;t they are allowed in the lounge.

Not killing you, but you are wrong. It´s certainly not allowed and spelled out so in every lounge invitation letter I´ve got.

The rules are pretty clear on this one.

Now if you say there´s people that got their non-Diamond(+) friends in there - that´s true! But it´s not because it´s within the rules, but it´s because a Concierge made a decision to bend the rules for them.

So while it can happen and is not unheard of it´s a misleading statement to say it is allowed.

Archived