What are my chances...

I was wondering if anyone has an idea on what are my chances of getting a table for 2 in the dining room. I am traveling with just my son and he has Aspergers syndrome and his social skills are a bit off. If I explain this to the Maitre d' , do you think he would help me out?

If you sign up for My Time Dining your are guaranteed to get a table for two. You can make reservations for every night or just show up when you want to eat. If you do all tips will be charged to you beforehand.

I would have thought something like that could have been addressed before hand with customer service. I would certainly be talking to someone before hand. If you don't want to do anytime dining and you want an early or late seating when you get on the ship there will be a time set up to address seating issues. I would expect they will do what they need to do to accomodate your request. Good luck and have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks for your responses. I did mention it to my TA, he said there should be no problem with it but as time approaches, it got me thinking too much. I picked Early seating, maybe I will call my TA and ask if it can be switched to Anytime.....might even be better to pay the tips beforehand so my bill at the end will seem a little smaller ;)

I would contact the special needs department so they can facilitate a table for you.

Thanks for that suggestion..I just called RCI, I explained that I booked through a TA but I just wanted my mind at ease.They were so helpful and told me that we were on a table for 2 but she also made a note that is was because of a medical issue. She is also sending me a form to submit about other concerns I may have with my son's condition. Thanks again:)

Thanks for that suggestion..I just called RCI, I explained that I booked through a TA but I just wanted my mind at ease.They were so helpful and told me that we were on a table for 2 but she also made a note that is was because of a medical issue. She is also sending me a form to submit about other concerns I may have with my son's condition. Thanks again:)

Great, I am glad you got someone who was able to help you. I hope you and your son have a great cruise.:)

When you first get on the ship, go up to the MDR and find your table. If it is not a table for two, find someone and get it switched right away. If you wait until dinner they may not be able to accommodate you. However, if you check early, they can usually make changes should it not be correct.

How nice to cruise with your son! I hope you have a memorable cruise.

If your son does not seem to enjoy the formality of the dining room, he might feel more at ease in the Windjammer for a night or two. They set up the tables with a nice touch and lower the lights to give it a relaxing feeling. While it is still a buffet, the dining experience is just as nice with fewer people to confuse or excite your son. At least it's nice to know that you have more than one or two options. I hope you and your son enjoy your experience at sea. :)

Sounds like a wonderful thing going on a cruise with your son. I just wanted to add that we once shared a table with a couple that had their dissabled daughter with them (autism and other issues) and it was a lovely experience for us. The parents were very attentive and the child very endearing, despite all her issues.

Archived