Carnival cruise ship bartender accused of raping teen

Thats so sad that it would happend like that and i wonder why she waited til August to tell her mom if it happened in April....

that was my question. if she's so upset and wanted to press charges why did she wait? makes one wonder about that. not saying it's false, he did admit to having s*x with her. but still makes you wonder, not as if he lived in her area and she felt threatened.

i also feel that if all this is true, then yes, get what the punishment deserves. and another reason ppl say that yes, you should feel safer on a ship, BUT, do not let your kids run around alone as you wouldn't do at home. s*cks, but its a fact of life.

that was my question. if she's so upset and wanted to press charges why did she wait?

Its pretty common for rape and assault victims to wait or never even report the crimes, because they might feel no one will believe them,they are ashamed, or they feel they did something to cause this to happen.

agreed w/ southerncaribbean - especially when the person in question is 14.

He already confessed to having sex with her and since she is only 14, he's guilty.

Didn't he admit to having sex with a 14 year old which would make him guilty? What would be the age of consent in this instance?

Only if he enters a guilty please in federal court this week.

BTW, the timeline in the article is misleading, as it states the "child" told he mother in August, yet the FBI questioned him in April. The inclusion of stated years could correct this.

Thats so sad that it would happend like that and i wonder why she waited til August to tell her mom if it happened in April....

I wonder the same thing. It's horrible that we cannot always protect our children from predators. I do hope that he will be severely punished for his crime.

I'm not asking this in any way to excuse anything, but what he h.e. double hockey sticks was a 14 y.o. girl doing alone outside on the upper decks at night?

Thank You , my sentiments exactly, I am sorry that this happened to this Little Girl , but if more parents were parents instead of friends to their kids less of this would happen .

If he's in Florida Court, he will. No excuses on this one if he already admitted.

That's because it's a man. Had it been a 30yo woman vs. say her 14yo student the good folks of the Florida courts would give her probation and then terminate it early.....Just ask Debra Lafavre(not sure of spelling)

It is a good reason not to allow your child to roam the ship alone. Even though you have trust in your child it is other people you cannot trust

Exactly. DD will be going on her seventh cruise this summer--started when she was just 21 months and she'll be 15 in a couple weeks. She's not allowed to roam the ship alone. Is that inconvenient for me and DH when we're sitting on the balcony and she wants to go get pizza or whatever. Sure is, but that's just part of parenting.

That she was alone on the ship isn't an excuse, of course, for what this man did to her. It's just a shame her parents weren't more careful. Poor kid.

I'm not asking this in any way to excuse anything, but what he h.e. double hockey sticks was a 14 y.o. girl doing alone outside on the upper decks at night?

Why shouldn't she be out alone at night? It is her vacation too you know!!! And we parents have to let them grow up and learn about life at some point don't we?

I have been accused of being overprotective with my 3 teen daughters....flamed to no end for being a concerned parent that believes in family vacations mean just that....hanging together and having fun......which is what we do and we all love it.

What happened to this child is exactly what can...remember I said can....happen...when the adults think that a cruise ship is NOT a small city of 3000 plus crew...from all over the world...and from places where 14 is as I like to say it nicely "marriage age"

Of course I was flamed for actually saying 3000 was a small city....apparantly I was suppossed to call it a town....and of course nothing bad ever happens in towns of 3000:rolleyes:

Face it 14 is too young to have free roam of the ship....I know I know everyone here has let their 12 yo's roam free with no problems.......but admit it problems do occur wether we want to believe it or not.:(

I hope this guy gets what he deserves.......And yes he admitted it so he is Guilty

Good thing he admitted it....and we should all remember that regardless of the circumstances surrounding this incident...even if he said she was "willing"...he is still guilty...because a 14yo cannot consent to sex with an adult! Regardless of anything else.

Good thing he admitted it....and we should all remember that regardless of the circumstances surrounding this incident...even if he said she was "willing"...he is still guilty...because a 14yo cannot consent to sex with an adult! Regardless of anything else.

Might not be in whatever country this guy is from.... That's alright I am sure the boys in the pen will give him a nice "welcome to America":eek:

Archived