Jewel of the Seas - Restricted view balcony rooms

We're looking for a little help here!

We have already booked an interior room for the Baltic cruise leaving 30 July.

However, we're considering upgrading to a balcony room guarantee (for £230 approx $330 each), but have seen that some of the balcony rooms have restricted view, which we presume we would be more likely to get with a guarantee room.

Has anyone had any experience of restricted view balcony rooms on Jewel of the Seas and what is your opinion about the upgrade?

They aren't really obstructed or restricted...some of the balconies have window washing platforms....they are above your eye level...and won't obstruct your view at all. It's simply that they are there, and can be seen.

We were in 1598, which was listed as 25% obstructed, but it was in NO WAY an obstruction!

Some folks don't like deck 7, because the lifeboats are below, but of course, they're below ALL of the upper decks...and again, they do NOT restrict your viewing pleasure!

Don't worry! All of the balconies are fine!

Here are a couple of side view pictures showing the window washing equipment on aft side of the ship and the lifeboat covers right below deck 7. IMHO neither present that much of an obstruction. In the deck plan below the red and/or green cabins forward and aft do not have the lifeboat covers........or those in the center on the "hump".

We loved our Baltics cruise on the Jewel........Enjoy :D

shp_rd_deck07_v10-11_dpl1.gif

Jeweldeck7balconylookinglifeboartco.jpg

RadianceStarboardAft.jpg

Hiya,

Ive just got back from being on Jewel of the Seas on Monday, staying in an interior stateroom. I was just wondering if there was any particular reason you wanted a balcony cabin? Are you a smoker maybe? Its just that, with the exception of the islands around Stockholm, there was not much to see moving from port to port. It seems like a lot of money that could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

Caroline

Hiya,

Ive just got back from being on Jewel of the Seas on Monday, staying in an interior stateroom. I was just wondering if there was any particular reason you wanted a balcony cabin? Are you a smoker maybe? Its just that, with the exception of the islands around Stockholm, there was not much to see moving from port to port. It seems like a lot of money that could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

Caroline

You can see the ocean. I don't smoke, but I love to sit and enjoy the ocean, the clouds during the day the stars and moon at night. You can watch arrivals in ports and departures. You can watch weather changes. It's great to sit and read on the balcony. It is fun to take a nap out there.

The balcony serves as kind of a second room...almost like a suite.

I love having a balcony. We can't always afford it, but fortunately we usually can. I just find a cruise so much more enjoyable if we have a balcony.

Hiya,

Caroline

YIKES !!!! Not much to see...:eek:...A lot more than the four walls of an inside cabin I bet !!!!!!:rolleyes:

YIKES !!!! Not much to see...:eek:...A lot more than the four walls of an inside cabin I bet !!!!!!:rolleyes:

:D They obviously have not stayed in a balcony room before. I love being able to sit out on the balcony while the wife is still asleep in the morning, or while the wife is getting ready in the evening. Enjoying a bottle of wine, or eating breakfast. Without a balcony, you need to go up to the top deck to enjoy the views, sounds, and feeling that the open seas delivers. Nothing beats a balcony... personally, it is why we cruise. :cool:

Oh, and to the original question... we ditched our E3 cabin on deck 7 for a GTY, and got a E2 forward of the lifeboats, so a GTY can work out well too.

Archived