if you sail on all the HAL ships

m steve

Jim and Ruth Vrohhoc (sp ? )who post here have sailed all the ships but he never mentioned them receiving any sort of special recognition.

We have two more to go before we have sailed the fleet but it isn't likely to happen. Oosterdam is one we have missed and we're not apt to sail Mexico or Alaska in the near future. DH would go but I don't want to fly cross country for a 7 day Mexico cruise right now.

Ruth and Jim V has sailed on all the ships -- I also do not remember him mentioning about getting anything special for having done the whole fleet.

We have sailed on all the ships except the Prinsendam -- can't seem to find an itinerary that we are able to do on her.

...and in addition to the massive doses of junk mail and snail mail you get the opportunity, because you are such a wonderful person and good customer, to purchase cruises directly from HAL at prices that are typically several hundred dollars more (or higher) than your TA would charge (net of OBC's) for exactly the same product.

...and in addition to the massive doses of junk mail and snail mail you get the opportunity, because you are such a wonderful person and good customer, to purchase cruises directly from HAL at prices that are typically several hundred dollars more (or higher) than your TA would charge (net of OBC's) for exactly the same product.

Well, er.......gee

No one MAKES us do any of it.

It really is our free choice, right? :D

do you get some kind of special recognition like Mariner of the Fleet?

Absolutely! You hold the title "Great and Powerful Mariner Dude/Dudettte with the Magic Credit Card" only until the next person accomplishes it, then you have to pass the trophy and special cape to them.:p:p

Seriously, I think it would be rather rewarding to have sailed on all the ships,

and would think some recognition would be in order.

It's a bit more complicated than it seems to calculate this, too. Unless one takes a dozen cruises a year, it's quite possible to sail some ships that leave the fleet and on the other hand not sail on a newly commissioned ship for a bit.

So would the recognition be a "snapshot in time" kind of thing? If you'd sailed all the ships in the current fleet would you get a little something? And would you lose your status when a new ship comes online until you sail it?

I'm getting close to having cruised on all the ships. Of the current vessels in the fleet, I've cruised aboard:

Statendam

Ryndam

Maasdam

Rotterdam

Volendam

Zaandam

Amsterdam

Westerdam

Oosterdam

Noordam

Eurodam

I am currently booked aboard the Prinsendam for this summer's "Top of the World" cruise. I have no bookings for the Veendam or the Zuiderdam, but do want to try them out. And, of course, I'll want to try the Nieuw Amsterdam once she's over on our side of the pond.

Jim and Ruth Vrohhoc (sp ? )who post here have sailed all the ships but he never mentioned them receiving any sort of special recognition.

We have two more to go before we have sailed the fleet but it isn't likely to happen. Oosterdam is one we have missed and we're not apt to sail Mexico or Alaska in the near future. DH would go but I don't want to fly cross country for a 7 day Mexico cruise right now.

Do a search on HAL's website for Oosterdam and duration either the "9-16" or "17 or more" days categories. She's doing A LOT of Hawaii cruises in late 2011 and early 2012. These are so fresh in the system the itinerary maps aren't even loaded yet. Hawaii cruises range from 14-20 days onboard and some incorporate a coastal cruise as well or are roundtrip from the Pacific Northwest.

There's MUCH more than 7 day Mexico cruises onboard Oosterdam.

Have yet to sail in ZUIDERDAM and EURODAM but the list is...

old VEENDAM 1 cruise

old ROTTERDAM 13 cruises

old WESTERDAM 1 cruise

old NOORDAM 1 cruise

old NIEUW AMSTERDAM 3 cruises

STATENDAM 9 cruises

MAASDAM 5 cruises

RYNDAM 1 cruise

VEENDAM 5 cruises

ROTTERDAM 8 cruises

AMSTERDAM 1 cruise

VOLENDAM 2 cruises

ZAANDAM 1 cruise

NOORDAM 4 cruises

OOSTERDAM 1 cruise

WESTERDAM 2 cruises

PRINSENDAM 8 cruises.

17 ships, 65 cruises, 832 days.... 4 Star Mariner!!!!!!

Final cruises in old ROTTERDAM and old NIEUW AMSTERDAM, maiden voyages in STATENDAM, MAASDAM, RYNDAM, VEENDAM, PRINSENDAM and NOORDAM.

Stephen

The list from 'other' cruise lines....

FRANCONIA

QUEEN ELIZABETH

OCEANIC

DORIC

ATLANTIC

VERA CRUZ

BERMUDA STAR

NORWAY

DAPHNE

BRITANIS

QUEEN ELIZABETH 2

HOMERIC

STEFAN BATORY

QUEEN OF BERMUDA

LA PALMA

VISTAFJORD

NORDIC PRINCE

ROYAL VIKING STAR

AZURE SEAS

SAGAFJORD

WESTWARD

DREAMWARD

IMAGINATION

REMBRANDT

COSTA VICTORIA

SAGA ROSE

CROWN DYNASTY

CRYSTAL HARMONY

old PACIFIC PRINCESS

new PACIFIC PRINCESS

CARONIA

SAGA RUBY

QUEEN MARY 2

QUEEN VICTORIA

34 ships, 85 cruises, 773 days.

Combined with HAL it makes 150 cruises and 1,619 days and I would estimate that means close to 500 formal nights. Anyone complaining about formal dress codes gets zero sympathy from me!!!:eek:

Stephen

Do a search on HAL's website for Oosterdam and duration either the "9-16" or "17 or more" days categories. She's doing A LOT of Hawaii cruises in late 2011 and early 2012. These are so fresh in the system the itinerary maps aren't even loaded yet. Hawaii cruises range from 14-20 days onboard and some incorporate a coastal cruise as well or are roundtrip from the Pacific Northwest.

There's MUCH more than 7 day Mexico cruises onboard Oosterdam.

Thanks for the info, DBA. Very helpful.

I might consider Oosterdam to Hawaii but my DH would not. We've been to Hawaii and neither of us really want all those sea days for not that many port days. DH is not retired so cannot do a 20 day cruise. His maximum time out of the office is 15-17 days. West coast cruise calls for pre and post cruise stays for us. Too much time out of the office.

But ANOTHER great thing about HAL..... So many itineraries to choose from for all of us to find the one(s) that suit each of us. Oosterdam just doesn't seem to have a perfect itinerary for us but we keep looking and hopefully will find just the right one. Maybe if they bring her through the Canal to the East Coast someday. :) (Not that I truly expect they should do that. ;) )

I'd actually like to sail Mexico some day but 7 days just doesn't seem worth the long flight for me........ (we all have our personal 'comfort zones' and that is out of mine. :D )

We'll have to keep looking for something on Oosterdam that appeals to both of us. :) Sooner or later, we'll get to sail her, I'm sure.

Looking at the LONG lists of HAL ships from all of you seasoned travelers makes me DAM proud of you!

We are looking forward to our first cruise on HAL, the Noordam, in 69 days. Only a 7 day cruise for us, because we are still working.

Note to Sail: I agree with you that flying all the way to the left coast for a 7 day cruise to Mexico hardly seems worth it! Being a Southern Californian, and having been on a few Mexican Riviera cruises, all the ports begin to look the same. The comedians on board even joke that "we are just changing the signs at the port with different names".

Happy cruising everyone!

Bobalink.......... YOU sure picked a great ship to make your first HAL cruise. Hopefully, you will love Noordam. She is such a beautiful ship and almost everyone seems to really have great time sailing Noordam. :)

Hope you'll post some comments when you return.

We shared three ports with her on our recent Maasdam cruise and it was wonderful to see her.

Bobalink.......... YOU sure picked a great ship to make your first HAL cruise. Hopefully, you will love Noordam. She is such a beautiful ship and almost everyone seems to really have great time sailing Noordam. :)

Hope you'll post some comments when you return.

We shared three ports with her on our recent Maasdam cruise and it was wonderful to see her.

We are getting so excited to sail on Noordam! Apparently, she is getting "spruced up" in dry dock right now.

I will definitely post a quick review when we return. So nice to hear from you.:)

One my cruise goals is to never sail the same ship twice on any cruise line until I've sailed all the ships in the fleet. So far on HAL I've sailed Statendam, Maasdam, Zaandam, Veendam, Volendam, Oosterdam, and Noordam. Will be on Amsterdam this coming September. My favorite's been Maasdam - truly an elegant ship.

Roz

One my cruise goals is to never sail the same ship twice on any cruise line until I've sailed all the ships in the fleet. So far on HAL I've sailed Statendam, Maasdam, Zaandam, Veendam, Volendam, Oosterdam, and Noordam. Will be on Amsterdam this coming September. My favorite's been Maasdam - truly an elegant ship.

Roz

Ros,

I know a couple who have done ten world cruises, about 1,100 days.... and always on the same ship!

But I do have a friend in Florida who, like you, almost always sails in a different ship.

Different strokes!

Stephen

Stephen,

I've only sailed HAL and Carnival, but I'm doing the same thing with Carnival. They have a lot of ships! So far I've sailed on Sensation, Spirit, and Fascination, and will be on the new Carnival Magic next year in the Med.

Of all the ships I've sailed, both HAL and Carnival, Carnival's Spirit-class wins hands down for best layout.

Roz

Archived